PDA

View Full Version : Looking for Input

Suprahunter
09-29-2011, 09:56 AM
Yesterday I had the pleasure of meeting Kurt Backus owner of Atlanta Marine . Atlanta marine is ranked #1 in the US by Skiers Choice. Anybody that has had dealings with them knows why. Anyway the subject of hosting an owners reunion came up and he was very interested since they have multiple locations on the water at lake Lanier GA. I need your input to start planning this event.

1- Head count would you be interested in attending?
2- Dates when would be best for all? I was thinking spring 2012.
3- Location ? I was thinking of making it a weekend camping event at Van Pugh state park just down the channel from Hideaway Bay and Atlanta Marine.
4- Cost? How much would be an acceptable attendance fee to help cover food ,drink and raffle prizes? I was thinking 10-20 dollars per person.
I have attended the owners reunions hosted by Ultimate Wake Fox lake IL. they were always a great time.
Any help or input would be appreciated.

Mike Hunter
219-712-5060

dusty2221
09-29-2011, 10:36 AM
Kurt is a great owner. I enjoyed getting to meet him when we picked up my boat. Wish we were closer to the ATL..

chawk610
09-29-2011, 11:07 AM
Sounds like a blast! But a 12 hour pull is a tad far... bummer

sandm
09-29-2011, 11:56 AM
too far for me as well. sounds like a great time and hope to see some pics of the event....

kaneboats
09-29-2011, 12:44 PM
I'll be there. Just say when. I went to the last one ATL Marine did. Here's a pic (thanks Mrs. Daze):

sicktc06
09-29-2011, 04:50 PM
I'm in! I'm just on the other side of town. Takes about an hour to get there.

KSmith
09-29-2011, 06:07 PM
Count us in, we'll be there. Woot ;-)

moombadaze
09-29-2011, 07:46 PM
Sounds like a blast! But a 12 hour pull is a tad far... bummer

thats only a half tank further away than my tow.

Love to get back to Lanier for a long weekend camping and Moombaing

moombadaze
09-29-2011, 07:48 PM
too far for me as well. sounds like a great time and hope to see some pics of the event....

not that far really--take a plane and hitch a ride with any of us

zegm
09-30-2011, 04:13 PM
We purchased our LS from Lisa and Tim at Atlanta Marine. After we put a deposit on the boat they handed us a 400 dollar Liquid Force Wakeboard for free (yeah maybe they were trying to get us to go to the darkside but it was a very nice guesture anyway and they still ordered us a DD).
And I have to mention that they are still the only SC dealer that I have visited (out of 3) that actually always had an LS on the lot to sit in.
Great Dealership!
Very nice people!!!
Oh and don't let me forget to mention Heidi the parts manager, she is also great to work with!

LakePerson1952
10-03-2011, 09:44 PM
Sounds like fun. Probably 2 people. Lanier is not my normal lake but close enough and camping might be fun - the park you mentioned is fine. Late spring might be my preference. Price you mentioned is good too. I like my dealer (JCSports in Seneca, SC) very much but meeting another good dealer is always a plus. Thanks