View Full Version : How to goofy /Correct

Surfergirl77
09-26-2011, 01:50 AM
Ok so I have an 02 Moomba LSV, love the boat but I surf correct foot
While everyone else in my family is goofy. Boat puts off a wonderful wave on
The goofy side ( which I can surf ) but I see my hubby having all this fun
Cutting into the wave and playing in the wave while surfing and I can't do
That as I am facing away from the wave. We have tried a couple times to put
Weight on the correct side but there just isn't any wave. We have been putting one sac
In the locker and one up front with 4-6 people in the boat ( when there's less I've found
Just weight in the back works better but I don't like eating the deck so I try to have some weight up front ) I really want to be able to have the fun everyone else is having ! Any suggestions ? ( and yes I've tried to be goofy but it just doesn't work for me !!! )

deafgoose
09-26-2011, 02:10 AM
Depending on the rotation direction of your prop, you will always have one side better than the other. Learn to ride switch so that you are facing the wake. Much easier than riding regular with your back facing the wake.

Surfergirl77
09-26-2011, 11:50 AM
Our prop turns left. I've been trying all summer to just be goofy but it isn't going to happen. I can surf just fine facing away from the wave corret foot it isn't hard. It just looks like even more fun to be
Facing the wave ! The swim deck on the correct side of the boat is falling off ( like the bracket broke ) so that could be some of the problem. I havent been able to do a water star and always start from the swim deck so that's another reason starting goofy hasn't worked perhaps it's easier from water ? Lakes this weekend are getting so cold that a full wet suit isn't enough so maybe next year !