PDA

View Full Version : San Jose, CA

08LSV
09-26-2011, 12:55 AM
Always looking for cool peeps to hit the lake with us. We usually hit Lake Anderson in Morgan Hill, CA. We try to go during the week as there is much less traffic (It's a smaller lake, but great during the week.). It is a deep reservoir so it makes a nice wave and the water settles down quick. We usually surf since I have a bad back and cannot wakeboard much anymore. We still do wakeboard/skate/whatever anytime someone wants to. Everybody we know just works all the time, seems to be the culture here for people to have more than one full time job... We are from Texas originally and don't believe in working more than one job, even if it means we have to sleep at a homeless shelter so we can afford to pay for indoor storage and gas for the boat. I never ask for gas money the first time out, it is up to you after that if you wanna go again and chip in a little for some go juice that's great. We have a good cooler so just bring your own towels and beer if you want it. I don't drink much but could care less if anybody else wants to. Anyway, hit me up if anyone wants to meet up before it gets to cold to be enjoyable.

Craig

rsinger
09-26-2011, 01:51 PM
I've got some more courses coming up in November and December. I'll try to schedule them there. Just got home yesterday, and my wife took 1300 pictures.

08LSV
09-26-2011, 05:05 PM
Man that's a ton of pics. Did you guys make it to the coast for some sight seeing?

rsinger
09-26-2011, 08:06 PM
Yup. Took a quick trip into Santa Cruz, and then went to 17 mile road. Some pretty svanky homes there. I suspect the cheepest starts at 5 mil. We were going to head down to Big Sur, but it was too foggy and the wife decided against going there. I made the mistake of giving a gull a piece of cracker. Talk about feeding frenzy. Sharks got nothing on the birds.

08LSV
09-27-2011, 01:09 AM
Yup. Took a quick trip into Santa Cruz, and then went to 17 mile road. Some pretty svanky homes there. I suspect the cheepest starts at 5 mil. We were going to head down to Big Sur, but it was too foggy and the wife decided against going there. I made the mistake of giving a gull a piece of cracker. Talk about feeding frenzy. Sharks got nothing on the birds.

Yeah. Sea gulls and homeless people are not something you want to mess with in Santa Cruz.... It can get ugly fast...

The housing market here is crazy. 600k for a piece of crap house that's a four bedroom, one bath all in 800 sqft... And if your house is 800 sqft then the size of your lot/yard will be about 805 sqft. Heck if it is a two story house then your lot only needs to be 402 sqft. LOL!

Don't get me wrong the weather is nice to some people since it never snows and the air temp ranges from about 50-65 degrees for most of the year. This year has been the hottest summer since I have been working out here. Being from Texas I like it hot so the water warms up doesn't freeze you to death when you get behind the boat. I don't miss late August in Texas when the water actually feels hotter than the air when your in it. I came here after living in Hawaii for a few years for work and man it was a shock the first time I grabbed my surf board and headed to Santa Cruz. My friends kept saying I needed a wetsuit, but I was like "No worries, its almost summer"..... All I can say is that I found out the hard way that the water was 52 degrees that day. I actually got an ice cream headache the first time I went under.