PDA

View Full Version : V-Drive tips

Yellowmobius
05-06-2005, 08:17 AM
Hey guys,

I am picking up my new (used) 2004 V-drive tomorrow, Can't Wait!

Any tips for running, maintaining the V-drive?

Where do you set the wakeplate for the bigggest wake?

sextons
05-06-2005, 08:48 AM
Congrats you'll love the boat for wakeboarding. Except for the oil change I have the dealer do all the v-drive service so I can't comment on that.
As far as the wakeplate you'll have to play around with it because it varies by rider speed, rope length and the amount of weight in the boat. I'd start about 1/2 way and after you get up to speed move it around slightly and give it a sec or two to change the shape of the wake. You can really fine tune how steep you want it to be which is really rider preference.

mobiusLSV05
05-07-2005, 09:33 AM
Sextons made a goog point,. we had ours out last nite and the plate really changes the roll of the wake, just watch it. You can go from a low roll to a nice steep, no foam, mountain. We also played with the tanks as far as weight distribution goes, you dont want one side differentthan the other. Have fun, play with it a little, fast out of the hole too!!!

helix_rider
05-07-2005, 08:00 PM
Bruce,

I have found that the wake is the best for 'pop' (at 60-65 feet out) with the wake plate at 3/4 up. This is with the middle ballast bag full, but nothing in the rear tanks. I am getting plenty of pop without needing the rear bags, I don't want to fly that high yet. Here is a pic of me on Friday, with the wake as described.

Let me know ([email protected]) is you find something better...I'm always looking for help ;)