PDA

View Full Version : sell my moomba

eseebeck
09-21-2011, 12:03 PM
i'd like to sell my 08 outback dd. mint condition with tower, bimini, sea dek pad, factory stereo, mooring cover, cockpit and bow covers, single axle trailer.

really nice boat and i owe around 34,000. what can i get for it to save the winter storage bill and look for a new one in the spring.

any tips?/

thanks

viking
09-21-2011, 02:01 PM
Hours?

probably depends on where you live! I'd doubt you can get what you owe for it in this area?

Mine's an 07 with around 230hours. I've got your options plus inboat LED's, upgraded stereo system (approx $4K), dual battery with ACR, ss rubrail, popup cleats and thru-hulls, docking lights, GI ballast, and transom LED. Probably forgeting something but I'd guess mine would sell for around $25K - $27K if I were to sell it with all included?

psycho-heico
09-21-2011, 03:30 PM
Try to advertise it to the Canadian market just north of you...I would list it on Kijiji on the Canadian side closest to you...I am in Alberta and went to Montana to get my LSV

usaski1
09-21-2011, 05:24 PM
Man, If it were me, I wouldnt sell it, especially if your just going to by a newer DD Outback. Theres no way you'll get 34k for it... sorry, ain't hapinin. I've got a 08 that I paid 33k for otd, and I bet I couldent get more than $25k for it now. But I dont care, as I have no need or reason to sell. You cant buy a '12 for what you'll sell the '08 for,m and not to bash on Moomba (great boat, IMO) but nothing major has really changed.

FamilyMatters
09-21-2011, 06:02 PM
I've got an 09 and tried to do a quick sell to go get Kidders LS when he was selling it and listed mine on Craigslist for $30,000 got a few offers of $23,000 and $24,000, but no serious lookers even. Good thing I love the boat and selling was just a whim.

Peace
Darren

jmvotto
09-21-2011, 07:33 PM
i'd like to sell my 08 outback dd. mint condition with tower, bimini, sea dek pad, factory stereo, mooring cover, cockpit and bow covers, single axle trailer.

really nice boat and i awe around 34,000. what can i get for it to save the winter storage bill and look for a new one in the spring.

any tips?/

thanks

north of the boarder is your best bet. Viking is correct on price range.

Hoopskier
09-22-2011, 12:12 AM
I haven't price shopped a whole lot of the new stuff, but $34k had a little bit of sticker shock. Not to talk you out of it, but I would agree with what others have said, keep what you have unless you are going to change to a complete different style and/or brand of boat, v-drive or 23' or whatever. Best way it was described to me about new boat buying, "what will the new boat do that your old one can't?", given its in great shape.

As for making a sale, considering the time of year, price will be a big factor. Might get more $ in the spring when demand is higher. Craigslist has always helped me out. Never looked much at the Canadian market but if it is there, go for it. Lots of pictures help, maybe even a short video walk around, I know a couple people that do this.

Ed G
09-22-2011, 05:21 AM
That was my immediate thought - with you owing $34K, you were "uspside down" on your loan.

Keep it.

But if you must sell, advertise it on "only inboards". Sold mine in 2 days thru them