PDA

View Full Version : TOWER SPEAKERS

bama3300
05-05-2005, 09:22 AM
just managed yesterday to fab my own set of tower speakers and plan on making a lot more. i have been getting the plans together for about 3 weeks now and put them to the test yesterday. i reviewed combos from liquid audio and roswell, and beleive my speaker/can setup to be as good or better.

my set is a pair, front/back with the Sony XS-V1641H 4 way speakers. they sound awesome, attached right on my tower, and the can is completely water tight. i've seen this setup on ebay for more than $500 and i think i could get them out the door all day long for around $400 including shipping

also building front/back, or front with the Pioneer TS-1671R 3-way
and Kicker 05D560, all three are really nice looking, but i could really put any 6 1/2 in the cans.
all cans are aircraft aluminum, coming with a clear coat in and out for now, paint-to-match will come soon.
hope to have pictures up in a day or so.

Yellowmobius
05-05-2005, 10:50 AM
Are you going to go the webpage route?

e-mail me I have a thought.

[email protected]

qb12
05-05-2005, 12:36 PM
bama, please keep us updated. i really would like to get some speakers for the tower without paying a arm and leg.

doug, ttown

seanpatsdad
05-05-2005, 01:09 PM
Bama
looking fwd to some pics.When you say front/back,do you mean speakers pointing fwd and backward.Thanks.
John

bama3300
05-05-2005, 02:19 PM
qb12 in ttown huh? is doug your real name? brodie? ha. roll tide.
i didnt expect this much feedback so fast. it was a friday night idea with my brother and we've just been tinkering, finally have the finished product. i do plan to take pictures and post them, trying to get some sticker/graphics for the side first. (skiing kangaroo in the works)

sean- to answer your question, yes. a speaker facing front and a speaker facing rear. or we're working on later this evening on just two cans with just rear facing speakers, i know how to weld, just havent practiced on aluminum yet.

another idea i had today solved my need for a light bar, i dont want to say anymore for now, but you imaginative guys may already know what i'm thinking......

i would appreciate all the suggestions you guys have as far as can color, material and what not. and i can also wire them for 2 ohm or 4 ohm, really doesnt matter.

qb12
05-05-2005, 02:43 PM
bama, q me in on the brodie thing. trust in this there is NO SOONER fan here.

keep up the good work on the speakers. just let us know when ready.

doug t-town

bama3300
05-05-2005, 02:52 PM
doug, i'm from tuscaloosa alabama, also known as ttown, and our quarterback is named brodie and his number is 12, so i though qb12...well you know...

bama3300
05-05-2005, 02:56 PM
also, the more i've been looking and from what i'm seeing, i guess i could make as big 7" or small 5 1/4" as you'd like, depending on preference. the real cost here if you look at it is the speakers themselves, for the sony's, you're looking at $99 for 2 speakers, so if you get front/back, thats four speakers for $200, so it sounds like a lot, but speakerwise, you get what you pay for i'm sure.

qb12
05-05-2005, 02:56 PM
got ya bama...

going to the jamboree.

wish i could but it would be a looong drive from here.

bama3300
05-05-2005, 03:09 PM
where and when is the jamboree and where exactly are you from doug

qb12
05-05-2005, 03:13 PM
Bama, In Florida next weekend. (orlando area).

Live in Tulsa. Didn't you get the anti Sooner thing. Funny that Jason White didn't get drafterd and some unknown qb from U of Tulsa did.

Get back to work on the speaker thing. Okay.....