PDA

View Full Version : Lake Belton - TX?

txduckman07
09-20-2011, 10:30 AM
I know there are several members who ride on lake belton. All my local spots are drying up. Going to try and head to belton this coming sunday. Anybody have any advice on spots to try? What boat ramp is best? Are there any low spots to watch for? Any advice is appreciated.

you da man
09-20-2011, 11:44 AM
The best spot is "the alley" if it's any south wind (southeast, southwest, or due south). If it's a moderate northern type wind 5-10mph then you'll have to ride Rogers Park or the stretch between the island and the Rogers intake tower. All ramps are usable, however, none of the courtesy docks at the ramps are wet so if you have passengers you'll need to load them up while boat is on the trailer and you can back in the boat, park your trailer, and swim out to the boat just off shore. Rogers ramp has some stumps and sticks and local knowledge is need. Cleanest ramp with deep water in the cove is Arrowhead which is my ramp of choice right now. However, Arrowhead is about a 15 min ride to "the alley". Belton is a long lake. The area by the dam is wide and clear of debris/stumps. Steer wide of Temple Lake Park due to sandbars. The alley is fairly narrow but just stay in the middle and you're good.

rdlangston13
09-20-2011, 05:45 PM
we went to belton a month ago and had a really good time but it was only 6 feet low then. now its over 10 feet low and i wouldnt go out there, stumps are now there that locals did not even know about and there are more still submerged. it is a big gamble i think. Riverside texas is closer to you than college station and the river is butter ALL the time not matter what the wind is. it is still 20-30 feet deep and stumps are few and far between. there is also a resort there with a cable park if you want to ride that

rdlangston13
09-20-2011, 05:47 PM
cory (stangkillass) came to the moomba jam in riverside and belton is his home lake, ask him where he would rather ride...you wont find better water than the river. i garuntee it.