PDA

View Full Version : 98 Moomba mobius tower

vtox39
09-20-2011, 12:04 AM
Have any of you guys taken the tower down for winter storage on a 98 moomba mobius? I'm not so sure my garage is tall enough to leave the tower up on the boat and was just wondering how hard it would be to lower or take down the tower. I know the new ones are quite easy to remove a bolt and lay them down but not so sure about the 98 moomba mobius tower. Haven't investigated it yet but would appreciate any feedback.

Also am looking for cover to fit the 98 moomba mobius with a tower.....i know a few guys mentioned custom covers that can be made.....wonder how hard it is to get a hold of a cover for that boat and one that will fit around the tower. I still have the buttom up cover that fits in the front of the bow that covers the front seats. I really wish moomba offered the original covers for sale. :(

wolfeman131
09-20-2011, 10:24 AM
Really? You want/think that they would make a 14 year old cover available for purchase?

If they did, they would simply contract with a similar canvas place that you can find on your own, but then upcharge you for their time and expense. I'd guess most folks would price shop and then simply go with the lower cost one they can buy local to save the upcharge and shipping costs.

Tell us where you're at and someone may know of a great, local shop for you to use. I know a member in Tampa just had a great custom cover made for his '08 Outback.

NCSUmoomba
09-20-2011, 11:03 AM
If your tower is the same design as mine, folding it is super easy. Remove the two rear allen head tower bolts and fold the tower forward.

As for the cover, check out Westland. I got my cover with tower cut-outs and it covered the swim platform. It fits awesome. I ordered mive through Overtons, but I am not sure if they carry Westland anymore.

I just looked on the Westland site, and I think I have the MOO147. Their boat listing is not quite complete, so you may have to look a photos of boats and guess. For example, when I ordered mine, they have no listing for 2001 Outback with Tower. However, after doing some research, I founf out that my boat is pretty much identical to the 2000 Outback, so I ordered that one.

vtox39
09-20-2011, 02:08 PM
Thanks guys I'll have to check that out or one close by where I live.

I live in Danville, VA and go to Smith Mountain Lake. But also travel to Atlanta from time to time for work.

wolfeman131
09-20-2011, 05:05 PM
I'll ask the folks over at Atlanta Marine for a good canvas shop. There are plenty around this area due to all the metro area lakes and houseboats, etc that are on the lakes. Do you drive from VA? Just asking to know if you can pick it up when you're down here and can save on shipping.

vtox39
09-20-2011, 08:34 PM
Yes im actually down here for several times per month and I do drive when I am down so I could pick it up for sure

wolfeman131
09-20-2011, 10:27 PM
OK, we can get you hooked up. I travel a bit for work too, but will help you out, if you'd like. I'll be back in the ATL tomorrow so check for a PM (up under "notifications") later in the week.

vtox39
09-21-2011, 09:17 AM
Thanks Drew

I keep my boat in VA close to the lake where I am from which is Smith Mountain Lake, VA. I have to be in Atlanta 3 weeks out of the month so I only get back to va once per month since moving to Atlanta. I am still fortunate to have a few friends to go out on Lake Lanier and ride with when I can't make it home on the weekends to use my boat in VA so at least the wakeboarding continues. Thanks for the help!