PDA

View Full Version : Leak in Ballast Bag

snyderaaron
09-18-2011, 10:52 PM
I just found out today that I have a leak in my front ballast. Don't know how it got there, but its enough to make the bilge run everytime it leaks enough. Are these covered by warranty?

08LSV
09-19-2011, 05:37 AM
Can you see where the leak is coming from? Like a tear or hole in the bag. May just be a loose connection. I have a friend that used a repair kit for a heavy duty rubber raft to fix one of his. I assume its still holding since he never says anything else about it. Not sure what year your boat is or when you purchased it, but I would at least call the dealer and see if they will cover it. If you can find the problem spot and the dealer won't fix it I bet you could send it to wakemakers and see what they would charge. It's probably cheaper to have them fix it than to buy a new bag.

snyderaaron
09-19-2011, 10:53 PM
Its a 2010. Yeah I'm sure it's not a loose connection saw where it was coming from. Almost looks likes it could be, until I found the leak. If they can't fix it is there a 750 upgrade that is long like the one I have now?

wolfeman131
09-19-2011, 10:58 PM
yep you can get a 750 for the rear locker and best of all, you have a great excuse for the wife on why you have to spend some more $$ on the boat.

snyderaaron
09-20-2011, 09:21 PM
I have the 750 in the back, but i think they would be to thick and short to put in the center ballast.