PDA

View Full Version : The System

you da man
09-16-2011, 09:53 PM
Did my first ride today with The System with Kobalt boots on my SS Reflex. The System is the real deal. Much more edge to edge control and faster edge to edge change. Literally felt like you had nothing between the bottom of your feet and the board...so much feel. Able to poke my jumps easier and further.

jpetty3023
09-16-2011, 11:27 PM
How was the water AJ? Been on-call for last 8 days, just got off so I'm ready to be free again

you da man
09-17-2011, 04:42 AM
How was the water AJ? Been on-call for last 8 days, just got off so I'm ready to be free again

Jason, the lake is down exactly 10'. No docks are wet at any of the ramps. Franks is almost useless cuz the ramp is shallow and in that tight little lefthand approach to trailer. We're putting in at Arrowhead and swimming to the the boat after launching it. There are stumps in places I had no idea. The alley is cool as long as you stay in the channel

KSmith
09-17-2011, 07:03 PM
How do the Kobalt boots feel in comparison to say Ronix One or Franks? Any idea?

you da man
09-17-2011, 07:26 PM
How do the Kobalt boots feel in comparison to say Ronix One or Franks? Any idea?

I actually was using the 2009 Ronix Ones on my board before The System and Kobalt boots. My first set I didn't know how tight to cinch up the boots...big mistake and I cinched them up so tight my feet went numb in two passes. I let go of the handle and loosened the bottom laces and really loosened the top laces. I never felt like I was going to slip out of the boot but it was much more comfortable than having them tight or real snug. Comfort wise I would say the Ones has a little more thickness (probably more padding) all around the boot but the Kobalts are just as comfortable to me in my opinion. Feel wise on the board in relation to how your feet feel connected to the board there's no comparison. The System makes you feel like your feet are attached to the board rather than your feet are in boots that are attached to the board. The edge to edge response is so precise and instant and I was amazed at this literally the first handful of seconds on my first set. I like that I'm able to poke my grabs much easier with these boots and they aren't even broken in yet...I'm very excited.

KSmith
09-18-2011, 05:31 PM
Dang... now I have to add a set of system boots & bindings to my already extensive wish list.. the wife will not be pleased LOL

you da man
09-18-2011, 08:06 PM
Dang... now I have to add a set of system boots & bindings to my already extensive wish list.. the wife will not be pleased LOL
You can get The System and boots for under $300 at Evo.com

ryan_8099
09-19-2011, 02:12 PM
YDM, how do the boots fit as far as size go? I am normally around a 10.5 and am trying to decide between a 10 or 11.

you da man
09-19-2011, 02:59 PM
YDM, how do the boots fit as far as size go? I am normally around a 10.5 and am trying to decide between a 10 or 11.

Definitely go with next size up and you should be good. I wear a 9 shoe and had 9 in Ronix Ones and the 9 in the Hyperlite Kobalt is true to size

ryan_8099
09-19-2011, 03:06 PM
Thanks for the info...Thought I would pass this along. Anyone looking for a size 10 might be able to nab a good deal here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/New-Box-Hyperlite-Kobalt-boots-System-Bindings-size-10-/300599952728?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item45fd274558#ht_500wt_1156

I was considering getting them, but I need a 10.5

you da man
09-19-2011, 03:27 PM
That would be a killer dealer even if it went to $150. On a side note, The System looks kinda complicated at first glance but it's not really. Once you've set your toe strap you can just leave it alone and only use the main strap over the foot to get in and out of the binding

KG's Supra24
09-20-2011, 10:49 AM
Have you taken any hard falls yet? Do you come out of the "system" very easily? Wasn't sure if it was meant to hold you in or break free.

Is it one size "system" fits all? As in, if I had two boards with it setup, could me and a buddy swap boards by wearing our own boats and just adjusting the tightness?

you da man
09-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Have you taken any hard falls yet? Do you come out of the "system" very easily? Wasn't sure if it was meant to hold you in or break free.

Is it one size "system" fits all? As in, if I had two boards with it setup, could me and a buddy swap boards by wearing our own boats and just adjusting the tightness?

I haven't taken a hard fall yet but as long as you don't cinch it too tight I can see you coming out but the argument seems to be amongst riders that you either want both boots to release or both boots to stay in. In my first use I think you'll know when you've cinched them too tight...your feet will go numb or you'll feel pressure on top of your foot or the toe...depending on what strap is too tight. As for swapping boards, The Systrm comes in 2 sizes M and L/XL. Size 9 and below boots use the medium base and 10 and above use the L/XL base so as long as both of you have the same bases, you guys can swap boards