09-13-2011, 04:05 PM
340HP Cat Engine
GIII ballast
Roswell speaker/light bar
3 outlet heater
Dual Axle Trailer
z5
moomba cruise (no pp)

found a dealer that still has one. can't imagine they would want to continue to hold it another year??
maybe deal time :) What's "top dollar" for a good deal?

RobertJ
09-14-2011, 05:52 PM
Not sure about top dollar price, but if you are serious get approved for a loan before you walk in and offer them $39,500 for the boat without a trade. If you are already approved it is like walking in with cash and they don't have to worry about working to make a deal and then having it fall thorough.

mmandley
09-14-2011, 07:00 PM
IDK about the 2010 but i got my 08 in March 09 signed the deal in Jan 09 for 15K off the list price and i have pictures that it was never removed from the trailer till it was water tested. Still has the plastic between the boat and trailer.

Razzman
09-15-2011, 01:05 AM
Got my '07 in March of '08 for dealer cost, $39,800 otd.

mmandley
09-15-2011, 09:32 AM

HAHAHA thats almost the price i got mine for with my Z5 on it. I paid more then you but under 40K and still had 0s in my price. LOL

Razzman
09-15-2011, 10:34 AM
For that price i had the included option of either a Z5 or a custom non-factory stereo setup to include second batt, tower speakers, two amps and minimal led lighting. took the stereo as i didn't want the Z5, still don't.

rdlangston13
09-15-2011, 11:09 AM
the biggest downfall to the new towers on the moombs is as far as i know there is no Z5. the Z5 is the best option on my boat IMO

dusty2221
09-15-2011, 11:27 AM
I was in the "I don't need a z5 camp" also. Now..I couldn't make it without it.

Razzman
09-15-2011, 12:13 PM
Here's my my reasoning. First, I have to put the tower down and remove the racks to put the boat into storage. Couldn't do that with a Z5, I'd have to totally remove it from the boat and find a way to store it. That's also the reason I have quick release board racks, 30 seconds a side and they're off. Second is the coverage, the Z5 just doesn't have enough coverage for us especially when our temps are at or over 100 for almost two months straight. Rounding it off is the fact I don't have enough boards or such to require it, to me it's not very attractive to look at and the price is utterly ridiculous.

My custom Tower Biminis unit way exceeds my expectations and looks awesome doing it, and at over 6' long I have no problem with shade. As a bonus it's so strong that if I was so inclinded I could actually put boards on top it as well. I know those that have them love them and I'm not knocking them, I'm just not a fan of them is all.

wolfeman131
09-15-2011, 05:24 PM
Rd, unfortunately I think you are correct.

DOCDRS
09-15-2011, 10:57 PM
all depends on options and most importantly the colour. depends if its the colour you really want imo

viking
09-15-2011, 11:06 PM
all depends on options and most importantly the colour. depends if its the colour you really want imo

Not bad color scheme - but not what I would order if I ordered it myself.

Thanks Razzman - I remember reading your post over on WW about what you paid for yours but couldn't remember.

IDK about the 2010 but i got my 08 in March 09 signed the deal in Jan 09 for 15K off the list price and i have pictures that it was never removed from the trailer till it was water tested. Still has the plastic between the boat and trailer.

Thanks for the info. Mike. I was thinking $40K or under would be a decent buy.

Not sure about top dollar price, but if you are serious get approved for a loan before you walk in and offer them $39,500 for the boat without a trade. If you are already approved it is like walking in with cash and they don't have to worry about working to make a deal and then having it fall thorough.

That was my plan. I can get financed for it no problem. I figured that if they really wanted to get rid of it that would be the price to pay. The MSRP is up a little between 07/08 and the 2010's but they've been sitting on it for awhile now so somethings gotta give (or maybe they like looking at it and storing it over the winter)? :)

mmandley
09-16-2011, 12:04 AM
@Razz well i have to disagree with you friend. I think the Z5 is pretty pimp looking, i can take it off in under 5 minutes, it has 4 quick release pins and i flip it upside down and set it right on the nose of the boat in order to park in the garage. I think it more then provides adiquite shade from the sun and still allows people to sit in the back for shade.

Id have to say the only downside for it to me is that you cant fold it up when you want the entire boat in the sun.

As always to each his own for the type of covers you want in your boats.

KG's Supra24
09-16-2011, 10:03 AM
the biggest downfall to the new towers on the moombs is as far as i know there is no Z5. the Z5 is the best option on my boat IMO

One for the v2 tower ....

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i38/rreierson/DSC_6714.jpg

I don't think I've seen one on a newer malibu. I'm sure they will be coming with it, though.

I love the look of the Z5. It's actually one of the biggest reasons my boat isn't for sale right now.

Viking, I would think under 40 is a good deal in todays market of inflated wakeboat prices. What are they asking for it?

wolfeman131
09-16-2011, 11:55 AM
KG,

I know there are a few folks that have modified the Z5, but I spent some time with the owner at the Atlanta Boat Show in January and he mentioned the complexities with mountng the Z5 over the new Moomba tower/old Malibu tower. He mentioned that there would have to be a lot of small, moving parts to allow the bimini to slide then pivot and that leads to concern in reliability.

Bottom line: bummer

dusty2221
09-16-2011, 12:04 PM
Not to mention...it looks horrible on that malibu....

wolfeman131
09-16-2011, 12:08 PM
Well, it's kinda wierd as it had to go over the tower crossbar and it just wasn't designed to be mounted like that. You also get a view of some of the forward standard bimini supports and it just isn't as nice looking without major mods to the Z5 and tower. Too much work for me.

rdlangston13
09-16-2011, 12:21 PM
i love the black supra tower, too bad you have to spend money on a supra to get it!

brain_rinse
09-16-2011, 12:24 PM
Under 40 OTD would be a screaming deal IMO, even on a holdover. I know back in 08-09 there were a lot of crazy deals being made as one of the major sources of dealer inventory financing dried up. The economy still isn't raging by any measure, but things have improved and costs have gone up significantly since then. And you're talking about a very nicely optioned boat.

freshturk
09-18-2011, 09:56 PM
Just for the sake of reference. Ordered a 2012 LSV a few weeks ago and this is the deal i got.

2012 LSV
Spatter graphic
GIII ballast
dual battery
2 tower speakers with additional amp
Digital cruise pro
V2 tower with bimini and 2 fixed board racks
wake plate(std for 2012)
tandem trailer with spare tire
custom cover
tower mirror
bow filler cushion
pop up cleats
ss rub rail
depth finder

$47800 otd

brain_rinse
09-18-2011, 10:07 PM
Welcome to the club!

lsvboombox
09-19-2011, 10:53 AM
340HP Cat Engine
GIII ballast
Roswell speaker/light bar
3 outlet heater
Dual Axle Trailer
z5
moomba cruise (no pp)

found a dealer that still has one. can't imagine they would want to continue to hold it another year??
maybe deal time :) What's "top dollar" for a good deal?

At the end of 2010 I got a 2010 LSV, smaller engine, no z5, had speakers no lights and single axle trailer, Paid 42,500 before tax

and ps, if the guy still has the boat he is obviously not handing out good deals otherwise it would be gone by this point..

sandm
09-19-2011, 11:04 AM
not sure about the boating world, but in the auto world, getting pre-approved can sometimes cause you to pay more for a rig. the dealer will get a kickback from their finance companies and will use that to drop some $$ off the price of a car when dealing. if you have good credit(730+), then get a rate from your outfit and go to the dealer to see what they can do. multiple inquiries into your credit within the same month for the same purchase will not hurt your score from what my bankers have told me.

rdlangston13
09-19-2011, 07:13 PM
Just for the sake of reference. Ordered a 2012 LSV a few weeks ago and this is the deal i got.

2012 LSV
Spatter graphic
GIII ballast
dual battery
2 tower speakers with additional amp
Digital cruise pro
V2 tower with bimini and 2 fixed board racks
wake plate(std for 2012)
tandem trailer with spare tire
custom cover
tower mirror
bow filler cushion
pop up cleats
ss rub rail
depth finder

$47800 otd

That sounds like a heck of a deal! i want a new boat!!!

viking
09-22-2011, 07:09 PM
Just an update..........talked to the salesman today at SC dealer with the 2010 LSV. He said the lowest they would sell it for is $53,000. I literally think i fainted for minute. I had to ask him if he was serious when I came to. Told him I see now whey they are still sitting on a 2 year old boat.

Oh ya - that was after I spent a month harassing them to return my reply's for inquiry on upgrading to a dual axle. Which by the way is $4550 for a Shorelander (black in color) not even painted to match. Asked about boatmate trailer and he wasn't even willing to call SC for a quote for me. Said "uh, i guess we could try calling Skiers to see about a boatmate but we are not a boatmate dealer". I told him to save his time as I've waisted enough of mine trying to do business with a company that doesn't give a sh!t (pardon my french).

How do these places stay in business is beyond me?

brain_rinse
09-22-2011, 09:10 PM
Sounds like you need to get in touch with freshturk's dealer and get a 2012 ordered!

viking
09-22-2011, 10:19 PM
ha ha! Where is Freshturk located anyway?
I think in 2012 or early 2013 I'll be looking. And unfortunately in my area - it'll be a different manufacturer.
Sad really :(

Razzman
09-23-2011, 12:08 PM
Just an update..........talked to the salesman today at SC dealer with the 2010 LSV. He said the lowest they would sell it for is $53,000. I literally think i fainted for minute. I had to ask him if he was serious when I came to. Told him I see now whey they are still sitting on a 2 year old boat.

Oh ya - that was after I spent a month harassing them to return my reply's for inquiry on upgrading to a dual axle. Which by the way is $4550 for a Shorelander (black in color) not even painted to match. Asked about boatmate trailer and he wasn't even willing to call SC for a quote for me. Said "uh, i guess we could try calling Skiers to see about a boatmate but we are not a boatmate dealer". I told him to save his time as I've waisted enough of mine trying to do business with a company that doesn't give a sh!t (pardon my french).

How do these places stay in business is beyond me?

Sounds like my local dealer, actually the only one in NorCal. He's a total [edited] that i wouldn't refer an enemy to, more less buy from! Sad part is he's had a bad rep for years not only from customers but from many other dealers as well yet SC signed him up anyway, even after I warned Natalie about them before the deal finalized. Real sad because the dealer I bought mine from was a top notch, A+ dealer and had the best rep in the region, unfortunately the recession put them out of business in early '09.

freshturk
09-29-2011, 05:57 PM
I'm from northeast ohio and the dealer is a very small one located in conneaut lake, PA. Mainly sells pontoons and fishing boats. Only problem is as of 2012, Skier's choice has implemented a policy that if any dealer sells a boat to a customer in another dealer's territory then the dealer selling the boat must pay the territory dealer 10%. I do know of some leftover 2011 in Michigan that i think you will be able to get a pretty good deal on and luckily the new rules dont apply to 2011 holdovers.

c.rix
09-29-2011, 06:51 PM
I'm from northeast ohio and the dealer is a very small one located in conneaut lake, PA. Mainly sells pontoons and fishing boats. Only problem is as of 2012, Skier's choice has implemented a policy that if any dealer sells a boat to a customer in another dealer's territory then the dealer selling the boat must pay the territory dealer 10%. I do know of some leftover 2011 in Michigan that i think you will be able to get a pretty good deal on and luckily the new rules dont apply to 2011 holdovers.

I personally hate the "local" moomba/supra dealer here so much that I drive 3+ hours to go to the dealer I got my obv from with this new territory deal I wont buy a new moomba sorry I don't want a penny of MY money going to them I would buy another brand thats how mad they made me when they screwed me on a deal I will never forget!!!!if it means going out of my way to not patronize them in any way I will,.. I know for sure they burned me so I burned them back and before this territory deal they didn't know it now they will get paid anyway...... I have sent all my friends and friends of friends to other dealers including the dealer I go to

Actually saw a axis on the lake yesterday I must say they look 1000% better on the water

lsvboombox
09-30-2011, 06:41 AM
Yes the territory deal will allow dealers to be terds and still get rewarded for it. I will not buy another moomba either as my local dealer is overpriced and if i buy one somewhere else he is still getting paid.....

ryan_8099
09-30-2011, 04:09 PM
Not sure if this helps you at all, but our dealer was advertising a 2011 LSV for 49,995 They also let us know they got in a 2012 Moomba Outback V

Here are the rest of the prices in case anyone was interested:

’10 Moomba Outback – was $37,255, now $33,995
http://www.fortfremont.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=06797754X9K29K2011J3I16 I28JPMQ1986R0&veh=157490&pov=1755655

’10 Moomba Mobius XLV (demo) – was $59,391, now $49,995
http://www.fortfremont.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=06797754X9K29K2011J3I16 I28JPMQ1986R0&veh=157306&pov=1769241

’11 Moomba Mobius LSV – was $56,325, now $49,995
http://www.fortfremont.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=06797754X9K29K2011J3I16 I28JPMQ1986R0&veh=205218&pov=1968629

’11 230 Super Air Nautique – retail $110,820, now $85,000 or best offer
http://www.fortfremont.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=06797754X9K29K2011J3I16 I28JPMQ1986R0&veh=205620&pov=1851582

newty
10-03-2011, 09:03 AM
’11 230 Super Air Nautique – retail $110,820, now $85,000 or best offer
http://www.fortfremont.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=06797754X9K29K2011J3I16 I28JPMQ1986R0&veh=205620&pov=1851582

Reduced to 85k?!? wow... what a deal.

KSmith
10-04-2011, 12:34 PM
I like the 2012 OBV. Not sold on the tower as yet but the gelcoat and graphics are nice. I really like that they moved the underseat cooler to be behind the driver... wish mine were there so I could put a fat sac under the port side seating... dagnabbit....

wolfeman131
10-05-2011, 01:34 PM
so I could put a fat sac under the port side seating... dagnabbit....

I watched kaneboats make fast work of removing his "cooler" with a dremel tool the other weekend. Plenty of other spots to store a carry on cooler.

KSmith
10-05-2011, 01:43 PM
I watched kaneboats make fast work of removing his "cooler" with a dremel tool the other weekend. Plenty of other spots to store a carry on cooler.

Hmm might have to look into that. I never use it as a cooler... I have my tool kit and extra vital fluids in there (not beer, but engine & vdrive oils, transnission fluid)...

How was this magic trick with the dremmel done?

kaneboats
10-05-2011, 01:44 PM
Rrrrrrrrrrrrrrrzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzziiii iiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii iiiiiipppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppppp. What cooler?

Actually, Moombadaze was kind enough to bring his Dremel tool and bits when he visited. His stuff made short work of the job. I am eternally grateful and will keep him un-thirsty the next few times I see him. He also gave me a surfboard rack that I haven't used yet. I'll post pics next time I get out. With friends like Daze, who needs Santa?

kaneboats
10-05-2011, 01:53 PM
Hmm might have to look into that. I never use it as a cooler... I have my tool kit and extra vital fluids in there (not beer, but engine & vdrive oils, transnission fluid)...

How was this magic trick with the dremmel done?

Daze could tell you better than I could but I think he called it a "rotozip" bit. You just cut that baby out at the seam then use a file tip to knock all the sharp edges down and a tiny sander bit to smooth it up. Because the edge is up under the lip there it does not have to be perfect. You just cut the cooler out, slide it forward and remove it through the hole under the observer's seat and then clean up all the edges. I moved my starboard side 400 lb. stock bag and empty pump plus the lines so the bag extends from the port rear locker all the way forward to just under the observer's seat. It doesn't get quite full but man does it make a great improvement to the surf wake. Now I use the rear starboard locker for cooler and storage. We never filled the ballast in there anyway b/c we aren't that good at wakeboarding. We fill the center, spread the people out, put the wakeplate up a little and its plenty of wake for us-- at least for now.

KSmith
10-05-2011, 01:54 PM
So what bit did you use? Something like a roto zip bit? Then how did you deal with the (sharp?) edges of the cut that remained?

Edit: 'nother question, is that cooler fiberglass and make a mess with dust when cut or is it plastic and basically melt when cut?

kaneboats
10-06-2011, 09:14 AM
I think it was called roto zip. It takes about 20 min. or so to go all the way around. It is fiberglass and makes a mess-- smoke and dust. It will take 10 min. with the shop vac to clean up. You should wear a dust mask. Daze had a file bit and a sander bit I used to knock down any sharp edges. One looks like a rounded stone and the other like a piece of sandpaper on a wheel. Again, it does not have to look perfect, you can't see up under there but you have to get rid of anything sharp and protruding.

KSmith
10-06-2011, 09:40 AM
Many Thanks for the info! I'll have to stick my head down there tonight while I prep the boat for a pre-dawn launching tomorrow and see how it can be done. I have a dremel. Used to have a roto zip but it puked and died... I supppose I could mask off the underseat sides with plastic and then perhaps make a glovebox or tent-like structure around the top that would contain the dust for the most part...

I still have two pull up cleats to install and some other misc maintenance tinkering to do this Sunday, perhaps I'll tear into this as well.

wolfeman131
10-06-2011, 10:58 AM
Another idea that might help with the mess is to have the shop vac nozzle next to the bit as you're cutting. I've had my daughters help when using the router in the house and it really cuts down on the dust, clean up and complaining from the wife.

kaneboats
10-06-2011, 11:03 AM
You would definitely need an assistant. You'll be on your knees and trying to cut with both hands and it's LOUD!

pmoomba
10-11-2011, 12:36 PM
Not sure if this helps you at all, but our dealer was advertising a 2011 LSV for 49,995 They also let us know they got in a 2012 Moomba Outback V

Here are the rest of the prices in case anyone was interested:

’10 Moomba Outback – was $37,255, now $33,995
http://www.fortfremont.com/new_vehicle_detail.asp?sid=06797754X9K29K2011J3I16 I28JPMQ1986R0&veh=157490&pov=1755655

What are some thoughts on this price for the leftover '10 Outback? Doesn't look like there are many options at all based on what was standard in '10. I'm window shopping leftovers at a couple different places and thought I could use this for at least my own reference point. Good deal? Should be lower?

lsvboombox
10-11-2011, 01:12 PM
Many Thanks for the info! I'll have to stick my head down there tonight while I prep the boat for a pre-dawn launching tomorrow and see how it can be done. I have a dremel. Used to have a roto zip but it puked and died... I supppose I could mask off the underseat sides with plastic and then perhaps make a glovebox or tent-like structure around the top that would contain the dust for the most part...

I still have two pull up cleats to install and some other misc maintenance tinkering to do this Sunday, perhaps I'll tear into this as well.

I used an oscillating saw. Very little dust. Very little mess..