PDA

View Full Version : Would you like to see a forum for "Find a Pull / Give a pull"?

walb0244
09-12-2011, 02:01 PM
Would you like to see a forum for "Find a Pull / Give a pull"?

08LSV
09-12-2011, 04:56 PM
It's a great idea.

rc5695
09-12-2011, 05:16 PM
I think it is a great idea. Somebody looking for a ride or having an extra space looking for some gas money could post up when where they're going. Might have to do it by regions if it takes off though (SE, NE, midwest, etc.)

KG's Supra24
09-12-2011, 05:20 PM
I like the idea but the one on Supra seems to be a fail. The number of people versus the amount of distance to cover isn't a good ratio.

sandm
09-12-2011, 06:05 PM
can't say that I would ever check there. no one else on this forum that I know of that are within 250 miles of me personally.
I can see that there are pockets of people in, say texas, oregon/washington and florida that are close to each other, but seems that they all know who each other are.

not sure that it would get much activity, but might be worth a try if the admins will do changes to the forum software for free. not sure there would be much of a case to present if it cost money to add another category..

yearround
09-12-2011, 07:36 PM
i think it would be a bit of a waste on this site, second what sandm says above. if you are looking for a third or what ever, just put it up on the board, there are not too many people around me anyway, and the one that i know of, i have never been able to make my schedule align with his to go for a ride.

deafgoose
09-12-2011, 07:42 PM
I doubt it would work.

This is not a general wakeboarding forum, its a boat brand specific forum so a large percentage of members are boat owners.

walb0244
09-12-2011, 08:31 PM
I doubt it would work.

This is not a general wakeboarding forum, its a boat brand specific forum so a large percentage of members are boat owners.

Who said anything about just finding a wakeboarding pull? You could be looking for a surfing buddy or a slalom ski buddy. Also, on the fact that this site is a boat brand specific forum. Well Supra would be that as well, correct? And they have the forum dedicated to it.

i think it would be a bit of a waste on this site, second what sandm says above. if you are looking for a third or what ever, just put it up on the board, there are not too many people around me anyway, and the one that i know of, i have never been able to make my schedule align with his to go for a ride.

I did post me looking for a third in the General Chat section and most people said to go and post in "Find a pull/Give a pull" forums on other sites like Supra and etc. So that made me think why not.

I think it is a great idea. Somebody looking for a ride or having an extra space looking for some gas money could post up when where they're going. Might have to do it by regions if it takes off though (SE, NE, midwest, etc.)

I like the idea of the regions. Plus maybe make it where the person who created the thread can delete it or make it where it gets deleted. No point in having a request for a pull that was for 3 months ago and the weekend has passed.

walb0244
09-12-2011, 08:34 PM
I mean I even tried to do a search for people that live near me. Just so I could maybe PM them to see if they ever wanted to hook up. Alot of people didn't put anything but their State so that made alittle difficult.

viking
09-12-2011, 10:49 PM
I agree with what others have said. It would only work in areas like parts of Texas, Washington, and Florida to name 3. There are mutiple members from those areas that know each other already though so might be a moot point.

jpetty3023
09-12-2011, 10:55 PM
Seems like a lot of extra work for the admins for little return. Why not just post in an already established section like boat owners or off topic and title it give/take pull on (date)

New Guy
09-13-2011, 10:33 AM
J I think that if they made a Sticky in the general section that might be way easier. It would be cool if when you were traveling to be able to catch a pull at different places. Just a thought.

Ed G
09-14-2011, 05:26 AM
While you guys were messing around with Polls, I asked the webmaster to create the forum.

It's up.

Perhaps now someone may be interested in re-creating my "Moomba Map" .

It showed a map of the world with "pins" indicating where each Moomba/Supra owner was located.

It was created on frappr.com

don't know if that site still exists, but www.amigomapper.com/ may be a good alternative.

walb0244
09-14-2011, 08:12 AM
I think that would be sweet. Be able to see if boat owners are around you.

Lawdog
09-14-2011, 09:23 AM
While you guys were messing around with Polls, I asked the webmaster to create the forum.

It's up.

Perhaps now someone may be interested in re-creating my "Moomba Map" .

It showed a map of the world with "pins" indicating where each Moomba/Supra owner was located.

It was created on frappr.com

don't know if that site still exists, but www.amigomapper.com/ may be a good alternative.

Leave it to Ed to get things done around here.......