PDA

View Full Version : 03 lsv

AZJC17
09-12-2011, 09:45 AM
Hello All

Just registered for the forum. I'm looking at purchasing an 03 LSV. I've been doing a lot of searching for info on it, but would like to get some current thoughts.

Most common uses will be wakeboarding and I'd like to get into surfing as well. Whats the honest opinion on this machine? Typical day would probably have 4-6 friends on the boat.

Thanks in advance!

jc

bkearney
09-12-2011, 10:10 AM
Just purchased one. It is my first wakebaording boat. I would say it is a good starter boat. I have 300s in the locker which is more than enough for starting out baording. I need to upgrade to 750s for surfing.

As far as that number of people, the boat will handle it well.

kaneboats
09-12-2011, 10:14 AM
You can find out a lot by clicking on "Archive" under "About Moomba" above. You can see specs and the Owners Manual for the model and year you want. Good luck!

yager97
09-12-2011, 10:26 AM
I'm currently trying to sell mine here in Canada, bkearney would you mind sharing with me what you actually paid for the 2003 GG edition (my exact boat)? You can private message me if you feel comfortable. I want to make sure I have it priced right. Thanks

wolfeman131
09-12-2011, 10:32 AM
That hull (03 LSV) is the same as the 06 to 08 Outback V so you can use info that folks posts in regards to weighting, people, etc. for those boats, too.

IMO, it's a great boat to get into wakeboarding and with a 750 in the rear locker and the center full, you can get a decent surf wave.

AZJC17
09-13-2011, 08:51 AM
Yager what are you pricing yours at, out of curiosity?

Anyone care to share their opinions on the quality of the boat? I'm looking at 3 boats that are all similarly priced, Moomba, Tige and Mastercraft. The MC is a direct drive, so immediately its not my preference. If I had any experience at all with Moomba maybe I wouldn't need to ask such basic questions. As of now, I've never actually been on board one.

The 03 LSV has the smallest engine of the three I'm looking at. Is the difference between 350hp and 310hp important for the type of boating I'm most commonly going to be using it for (boarding/surfing)? I would think the bigger engine would be more important for pulling up a slalomer than a wakeboarder... again, a very novice question so I apologize in advance.

saskyrider
09-13-2011, 11:48 AM
don't think the hp will be a big factor unless your going to run with your boat sacked out all the time.

kaneboats
09-13-2011, 11:53 AM
Correct prop selection for your application is much more important than a few extra HP. BTW, that's a great model boat. Don't be a bit worried about it. FYI, Moomba kept that hull and setup (as the Outback V) after the new LSV came out in 2006. It was around till the new generation Outback V came out in 2009. You can't go wrong with that model.

yager97
09-13-2011, 06:32 PM
Yager what are you pricing yours at, out of curiosity?

Anyone care to share their opinions on the quality of the boat? I'm looking at 3 boats that are all similarly priced, Moomba, Tige and Mastercraft. The MC is a direct drive, so immediately its not my preference. If I had any experience at all with Moomba maybe I wouldn't need to ask such basic questions. As of now, I've never actually been on board one.

The 03 LSV has the smallest engine of the three I'm looking at. Is the difference between 350hp and 310hp important for the type of boating I'm most commonly going to be using it for (boarding/surfing)? I would think the bigger engine would be more important for pulling up a slalomer than a wakeboarder... again, a very novice question so I apologize in advance.

I priced mine at 27k, and it is sold based on a good inspection being done today. Was a good first boat, the 310hp is enough, as it is a light boat. You will enjoy it. I put 400 trouble free hours on the indmar efi engine, it was bulletproof.