PDA

View Full Version : Cover for 98 Moomba Mobius with a tower

vtox39
09-12-2011, 09:29 AM
Whats up guys?

Was wondering if any of you guys had a cover for a 98 Moomba Mobius or had any ideas on where I could get one. It would be sweet if there was someway to get an original cover for it.

bergermaister
09-13-2011, 06:43 PM
Needle in a haystack friend. Best bet is to go custom, maybe try to mimic the looks of an original if that's important with some embroidery?

maxpower220
09-13-2011, 06:54 PM
I will be selling my cover from an 08 Outback with tower. I doubt that it would fit, but it is in good condition.

zabooda
09-14-2011, 09:09 PM
Get a cover made. My cover is mimmicked by Evolution but it is a 15 year cover for $400 bought six years ago. Just ask for Topgun fabric.

vtox39
09-19-2011, 12:35 AM
do you still have your cover maxpower?

wolfeman131
09-19-2011, 07:12 AM
Sorry vtox, I purchased the cover from maxpower this past weekend.

vtox39
09-19-2011, 11:57 PM
oh ok thanks for letting me know bud.......wonder what i should do....wish there was a 98 cover floating around out there that would fit a tower lol........is it very hard to take the tower down for winter storage on the 98 moomba mobius?

bergermaister
09-20-2011, 12:02 AM
What does yours look like? Folding it down will be easier than taking it off typically if you can get away with that. I have to fold mine down (forward) every time I park the boat. Two twist-by-hand bolts, unplug the speakers and lights, start tipping it over. One man 3 minute job but I'm tall so that helps.

vtox39
09-20-2011, 12:08 AM
i have a couple pictures in a photo album on my profile page of the tower style bergermaister if you can tell anything by looking at it please let me know....thanks man

zabooda
09-20-2011, 02:40 AM
I'll get some pictures of mine and send them to you. I had my cover made and it works well and you can lower the tower as i do that when I store it during the winter. I put my bimini between the engine cover and the back of the boat to keep water from sagging the cover and it works well.

vtox39
09-20-2011, 09:07 AM
Sounds like a great idea zabooda with the bimini top in the back....yes please do send me pics of what your tower looks like folded down and your cover......i will be putting my boat up soon anyway....thanks man

NCSUmoomba
09-20-2011, 11:13 AM
Vtox, check my comments in your other thread about the tower. I have answered both of your questions. And by looking at the photo of your boat, it is basically identical to my Outback.

vtox39
09-20-2011, 02:11 PM
Sweet thanks man....are you an NCSU fan or associated with the school? I played football at Virginia Tech and we played there in Raleigh once while I was playing. Pretty cool gameday atmosphere! I heard they have a wakeboard club too. I think our boats are pretty similar as well so maybe I can order the same cover that you did for your boat? Hope so!

zabooda
09-21-2011, 10:01 PM
vtox, here are the pics. The cover has a velcro wrap around each side of the tower so it doesn't matter if the tower is up or down. The pull cord goes all away around the boat and detaches on each side to remove the cover. I also have a pic of the bimini doubling as a support for the cover and it goes from the engine cover back to the transom. I also threw in a pic of the snap on kitty litter speaker covers and crooks hate tacky speaker covers. This where my boat sits 365 days a year but I take off the tower bling and lower the tower for winter. Then i can squeeze it up right next to the house. It looks like we're going to be back in the low 90s this weekend so you know where I will be. I'm busy every weekend through October so I will probably be winterizing the boat in the dark after work.

vtox39
09-21-2011, 10:07 PM
sweet looking boat man u have that thing shined up! Where did you get that cover? i need to find one like that and it would be perfect for me.....nice idea with the bimini top and the speaker covers too

kaneboats
09-22-2011, 10:21 AM
LOL! I love stealth. Kitty litter. I wouldn't even buy that stuff for my best friend, much less touch a pail.