PDA

View Full Version : Crappy Weather

jmb
09-04-2011, 11:03 AM
I just got back home and was hoping to go out on the boat and now Tropical Storm Lee. 3 days of sitting around the house now. Can't even work on the property. Hope everyone else has a great weekend.

loudsubz
09-04-2011, 11:57 AM
Crappy overcast and rain here in Muskoka. Was only able to get a few sets of wakesurfing in yesterday. It has always been like this near the end of summer.

usaski1
09-04-2011, 12:06 PM
It all depends on what you call "crappy" and what you've been through... TS Lee and 12 inches of rain, stay inside all weekend? YESS PLEASE! So yeah, were having crappy weather here too.. super hot (113 last week, and no water to boat on)

jmb
09-04-2011, 12:12 PM
Guess I can see your point usaski1. We have plenty of water here so far. Can't ski or wakeboard anyways. Go to the doc on Thursday ad hopefully he will clear me to go.

Ed G
09-04-2011, 04:18 PM
I would love for a tropical storm to sit over Clermont for 5 or 6 days.

Lakes here have been 4 feet low for the past 10 years

jmb
09-04-2011, 05:10 PM
I will say it is better than not having any water. In '05 or '06, the lake got so low I had to go to the river. The lake ran out of pad. I hated that. Floating logs and wood in the river.

JesseC
09-04-2011, 11:27 PM
Same here, this weather sucks...I am glad I have a few vacation days left to snag a perfect glass day while everyone is at work.

rdlangston13
09-04-2011, 11:46 PM
I will say it is better than not having any water. In '05 or '06, the lake got so low I had to go to the river. The lake ran out of pad. I hated that. Floating logs and wood in the river.

We are in the same boat now. No water in the lake, rive is the only place we can ride. But the water on the river is always glass so it doesn't bother me.

jmb
09-05-2011, 10:43 AM
We have tug boats pushing coal barges on the river which kicks up stuff so have to be careful. It is pouring down this morning. Birmingham lakes ought to fill up nicely with this.

moombadaze
09-05-2011, 11:04 AM
we were able to get out sunday am with overcast cloud cover-no sun, little cooler out and that was nice. Today its not going to happen, just had, what I think was a feeder band for Lee come thru with a heavy down pour for about 20 minutes and now the sun is out.

jmb
09-05-2011, 01:50 PM
I really wanted to go for a ride this weekend. It's going to get busy out on my property in the next few weeks and may not make it on the boat. Hope to be moved back out there in a month-and-a-half to two months. Tired of this apartment living!!!

jmb
09-05-2011, 01:51 PM
Glad you made it out moombadaze.

jmb
09-05-2011, 04:07 PM
It just doesn't stop raining. The lake will be over full. I bet this cools off the water quite a bit. We won't be in any drought now!

deerfield
09-05-2011, 05:58 PM
Jack - Any way you could post up pics of the progress on your new home? Maybe on the Moomba Family forum? Wish I could lend a hand. Will let you know when we plan to be in town for a game. - Stuart

jmb
09-05-2011, 06:20 PM
I am putting a Mobile Home out there. I am not building a house. I want everything paid for when I get done. House is already paid for and the shop will be paid for when I have it built. Too old to make payments. Would rather take the boat and go on vacations wit the money. I will get some pics though. This rain is killing me as far as getting any dirt work done. Home will be here in a couple of weeks.

rdlangston13
09-06-2011, 01:10 AM
Y'all are getting too much rain and we have freeways closing due to wild fires from the dryness. Just heard 7 more homes got burned up in walker co today. We were out on the river and the smoke was making it look hazy. I think our local total is at like 400 now? We need rain just to put the fires out now.

hsurman86
09-06-2011, 01:13 AM
We are in the same boat now. No water in the lake, rive is the only place we can ride. But the water on the river is always glass so it doesn't bother me.

The water on the river was the most choppy it has been all summer due to the wind. The view of the smoke from all the fires caused by the drought was very depressing...send the rain to Texas!

kaneboats
09-06-2011, 09:59 AM
Way too windy on Sat. with the TS gearing up, then rain all day Sun. and a good chunk of Mon.

Water heater in the house finally gave up on Sun. afternoon. Of course it was piped in with no quick change connections and had to be cut out. I think it was original from '89. I haven't seen a powder blue colored water heater in years. Got it cut out and soldered in some nice new copper pipe WITH quick change connections for the next guy. Trip to Lowes and now way better pressure in the shower. I felt like I was at a hotel-- should have changed it out a couple years ago.

saskyrider
09-06-2011, 10:39 AM
Man..... i'm glad i live in the middle of the canadian shield.. lol! We had wind and rain on saturday but sunday and monday were beautiful... no wind and sunny... and the week forecast is above 30 degrees C all week for the high!! Went out last night and the water temp was still 64!! love it. hope you all get some good weather!!

ryan_8099
09-06-2011, 11:03 AM
We also had some crappy weather in Wisconsin. However, I welcome the crappy weather. Our lakes are very small (81 acres, not all usable) and if there are just a few boats out there wakeboarding becomes significantly less fun. Water was still warm and no one was out yesterday!

jmb
09-06-2011, 07:59 PM
Stopped by the lake this afternoon. Definitely up. Have to wade down to get on the docks. It'll take a gew days for it to go down. Worried about stuff floating now. Go see the doc Thursday and hope he clears me to get back on the board. Would like to go one day this weekend if anything

rdlangston13
09-07-2011, 08:41 PM
Not a cloud in the sky, just smoke from the fires. A few people on the river has ash fall in their boats

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m523/rdlangston13/8aa6489d.jpg

http://i1130.photobucket.com/albums/m523/rdlangston13/5e8bbff9.jpg