PDA

View Full Version : Suits

WaterBullDawg1980
09-02-2011, 12:50 AM
How often are you buying them and how long do they last?

Thinking of cowboyin up and ordering one of the completely tailored made and hand stitched gems.

What say you? Any things in a suit you Moomba Maniacs have to have??

deafgoose
09-02-2011, 01:20 AM
The only suit I wear is made by O'neill. lol

mnpracing
09-02-2011, 09:18 AM
How often are you buying them and how long do they last?

Thinking of cowboyin up and ordering one of the completely tailored made and hand stitched gems.

What say you? Any things in a suit you Moomba Maniacs have to have??

Althought a bit unconventional, i like the pant lining to go all the way down. Typical is to have them lined through the butt and thigh. How long they last is completely dependent on how often you wear them, and how often they are cleaned. General rule for me since I got out of school was to have 10 suits to start, then replace two per year. Unless of course I needed to change sizes :) I never went with a completely tailor made suit. Always off-the-rack at Macy's or Nordstroms, with the necessary alterations of course. Tailor made I would guess would be 3x to 4x the cost on the low end. I bet they would fit so much nicer though.

KG's Supra24
09-02-2011, 09:56 AM
I went with a 3/2 mm suit. Didn't get it custom tailored bc I only use it a couple months out of the year. :p

kaneboats
09-02-2011, 10:46 AM
I stick with board shorts.

wolfeman131
09-02-2011, 11:33 AM
Mark, please tell me you saw all these smart arse comments coming?

Go custom. Better materials, better fit, last longer and not always as expensive as a high end suit.

Ed G
09-02-2011, 12:08 PM
I only wear a suit to weddings and job interviews, so I never buy one.

You can get great rental rates on a suit at a Funeral Home

jmvotto
09-02-2011, 04:30 PM
Jos. A bank when on sale, get the lining in them if you like. sometimes it makes it hot in the summer, but nice up north. extra room is all comfy. a tight suit is like watchin "Tommy Boy" LOL

jmvotto
09-02-2011, 04:31 PM
I only wear a suit to weddings and job interviews, so I never buy one.

You can get great rental rates on a suit at a Funeral Home

Or if made from Saran Wrap......LOL

moombadaze
09-02-2011, 07:59 PM
personally, I prefer the birthday suite

WaterBullDawg1980
09-03-2011, 11:44 AM
personally, I prefer the birthday suite

LMBO! So do I, but it irritates the wife when I walk around the bedroom. I hear mumbles of things like "brainless caveman", "Jock never grows up", "child like behavior" coupled with strange looks.

Maybe it's the fig leaf.

WaterBullDawg1980
09-03-2011, 11:46 AM
Mark, please tell me you saw all these smart arse comments coming?

Go custom. Better materials, better fit, last longer and not always as expensive as a high end suit.

I did, but only after I posted it. :)

Where are you getting your custom ones from? I have found a place online, but wanted some other opinions.