PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Bag Filling Itself! Help!!!

sailnfast
05-02-2005, 04:52 PM
I just took delivery of an '04 LSV and the port ballast bag is constantly filling by itself. I've double and tripled checked that the pump is not on when it does this. The other bags work fine and do not fill by themselves. Any idea what's causing this?

I told my dealer about this and he said it wasn't possible?! Obviously it is as it ocurrs every time I take the boat out. Help!!!

WakeMe
05-02-2005, 06:20 PM
If you do a search on this board you will find this has been discussed before. In short there is a little manual overide switch at the solenoid under your rear seat. When you remove the seat and the cover thats under the seat you should see your manifold for your ballast system. I believe it will be the solenoid on the left as you are looking at it. Follow the two black wires to the solenoid that is on the valve and look at it very closely and you should find a little switch that has been flipped. This is most likely your problem. There is the word on but not off. It is probably on which is allowing the water in because the valve is open. This would allow you to fill the ballast even if your pump were to go out. If you flip the switch to the off position that should solve your problem. If you can't find it try the search for other descriptions on how to fix. Hope this helps.

Wake Master
05-02-2005, 07:13 PM
This is also covered in the owners manual under optional Bertha Ballast System. There is a picture of the switch and it explains the operation.

WakeMe
05-02-2005, 08:46 PM
Read the owners manual? Come on that would make it to easy.:p