PDA

View Full Version : cruise control / PP Question

LSV04
08-31-2011, 09:23 AM
Hey, thinking about Perfect Pass. There's one called Cruise, which is similar to what's in a car for half the cost of fancy Star Gazer GPS. Anyone have this type of cruise control in their boat. ? I'm pretty much happy at my level wakeboarding, we wakeboard and kids go tubing on our boat,rarely ski.
The boat is an O4 LSV, 400 hours, nice wake when speed holds. But when windy it jumps. Not good when attempting a backroll. !

bergermaister
08-31-2011, 05:59 PM
Crickets... I'm guessing that means not many run the basic Cruise option. I was in your shoes - not wanting to chunk down for the fancy StarGazer PP if I could find a similar, affordable option. I couldn't find one...

If you plan to keep the boat for some time to come, get into surfing, or have more wakeboarders joining you, the full Stargazer route will definitely deliver. Probably improve your resale value as well if/when the time ever comes.

wolfeman131
08-31-2011, 06:06 PM
get the PP

08LSV
08-31-2011, 08:32 PM
We did the PPSG and started using it this season. We had the Moomba cruise before and there is no comparison. I know that it is expensive but if you keep your boat for long you will probably wind up doing it again later and then your out of pocket will be a lot higher... There is a reason it cost's twice as much, because it's worth it. Just my 2 cents.