PDA

View Full Version : Crazy Surfing Video

LakeMonster
08-30-2011, 12:22 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WG8V5Anl_0

WARNING - CONTAINS EXPLICIT LANGUAGE...

jmvotto
08-30-2011, 07:59 AM
IMO stupid, but at least there was someone in the boat recording this as a safety valve.......

bergermaister
08-30-2011, 11:03 AM
I had heard rumors about this vid. We all knew it would pop up sooner or later - like the morons who set their cruise control then jump out and ride on the hood of their car. I actually saw that just recently on 1,000 ways to die. You can guess what the end result was.

KG's Supra24
08-30-2011, 11:05 AM
At least someone was in the boat. I saw a video on an x80 that claims noone was in the boat. Tough to believe though.

rdlangston13
08-30-2011, 12:38 PM
At Least it was a moomba in the vid!

cab13367
08-30-2011, 03:04 PM
I know this looks idiotic. But from the looks of it, they were on a good size lake with no one around, and there's a guy in the bow shooting the vid in case the surfer fell off the wave. So really, no one was in danger and it was pretty cool to watch! The thing I don't understand is how he kep the steering wheel from turning by itself. Now if someone were to do this with no one in the boat, now THAT would be completely idiotic. Unless of course he had an extended lanyard to the kill switch :o)

mmandley
08-30-2011, 03:55 PM
Pretty cool, if you watch the white wash from the prop you can see the boat is turning to the left as its cruising.

viking
08-30-2011, 04:13 PM
Not the most idiotic thing on the web by a long shot.
pretty cool and you can see from the horizon that the boat is going in a large circle.
the guy taking video could have jumped in the driver's seat at any time!

lsvboombox
08-30-2011, 04:17 PM
Now if someone were to do this with no one in the boat, now THAT would be completely idiotic. Unless of course he had an extended lanyard to the kill switch :o)

Like this

http://www.youtube.com/watch?NR=1&v=U2l46v9UhRw

viking
08-30-2011, 04:22 PM
^^ not that IS idiotic ^^

KG's Supra24
08-30-2011, 04:36 PM
Yep, that's the one i was talking about. But hell if you have an x80 you can afford to have it runaway and up on shore ... no biggie. ha

bergermaister
08-30-2011, 05:29 PM
I guess in hindsight looking at that one, the jet skier could have had a xtra passenger and pulled up alongside the boat and bail onto it if the guy lost it. Same with the cameraman in the first one.

On a totally different note, this struck a memory. A few years ago my brother and I ended up doing a similar river rescue. Old guy had a heart attack behind the wheel and his wife didn't know how to drive the boat. I got up in the front of my brother's jetsled as we roared out and around up behind them, got to about 15-20mph and we pulled up alongside their rear and I did a superman into their boat. Pulled the old timer out of his seat, laid him flat on the floor. Dude had no pulse and nonresponsive. Ran his boat to the launch and called for help. My brother did the most amazing high speed parallel parking job on the dock you'd ever see in a boat and came running over. We ended up dragging the guy out and up on the launch and doing CPR a few steps away from the water's edge until paramedics arrived. All the while our little kids are still sitting in my bro's jetsled watching it all unfold.

lsvboombox
08-30-2011, 09:44 PM
Did he live?

bergermaister
08-31-2011, 01:11 AM
Yes, for a while. So the park ranger at the launch had an emergency medipac defrib thing and they started in on him with that until the ambulance arrived. No response. They got there and loaded him up in the ambulance and continued trying with the debrib on the way to the hospital and that was the last we knew.

A few hours later the EMTs came back to the park to get a statement from my brother and I about what had happened, what we did, etc. They said that they had been trying to revive him in the ambulance, basically gave it a "this is the last one" and the guy apparently did one of those gasping for air, regaining of consciousness, startling recoveries. Said that rarely happens - like maybe 20% of the time they get someone back. Anyway they took our statements, thanked us and left.

My brother is a cop, followed up on it after we were home, and I guess about a week later the guy died in the hospital but was at least able to see his family one last time.

Suprahunter
08-31-2011, 08:21 AM
I hate RAP!

rc5695
09-01-2011, 11:57 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3WG8V5Anl_0

Wish you had posted this had foul language... Unfortunately my kids happened to be nearby when he dropped the F-bomb at the start :(

moombadaze
09-02-2011, 08:17 PM
Berg, WOW.

As for guys surfing behind the parents 100k Mastercrafts-its only there parents boat right-what do they care