PDA

View Full Version : indamar engine overheating

pfiduccia
04-30-2005, 02:47 PM
hey eveeryone looking for a little bit of help here haveing some serious issues with my boat and am very dissatisfied with the dealership, surfside boat center in tempe az. i have a mobious lsv 2004 bought brand new off the boatshow floor in 2004 it ran great all last summer till the engine just blew in october, the boat had approx 140 hours on it at the time and had all service done correctly. the dealership called indmar and it was a manfacture defect and they replaced the engine, no problem. here is where it gets bad.... i have had nothing but problems with the new engine since day 1. i tooke the boat out broke it in correctly and never really ran it hard and to this day still have not even wakeboarded behind it(with the new engine). at the 20 hour service, which i had to pay for again, i told the dealership it was running hot. the dealership did the service fine and they put the boat in water at the dealership started it it did not run hot, they said they checked the impellar and it was fine. i picked up the boat and took it to the lake that weekend, not 200 yards out of the no wake zone i am about to overheat i putted accros the lake and was towed back in. i then took the boat back to the dealership again and they flushed the line and replaced the impellar therere was almost nothing left of the impellar, at that point they told me everything was fine that the line was clear and that there was no screen to flush. they lake tested the boat for 1hr and everthing appeared to be fine. i picked up the boat and the service manager said it was fine and offered to order the filter screen, i declined and said lets see how it runs first. i took the boat out that saturday and just shot accross the lake and back later in the evening, ran fine. the next day took the boat out again and before i got out of the no wake zone i had overheated the engine at less thatn 1500 rpms. i took the boat back in and told them the problem again and told them to find out the problem and to order the filter screen. the next day i get a call saying they have flushed out the line and there was still rubber from the old impellar and that they have discovered that there is a filter screen and they finally cleaned it, but now they engine overheated and i dropped a cylinder. they are telling me that i need another new engine (#3 in a boat barley a year old). of course indmar wont cover this one because it overheated. i pleaded my case to the dealer that they should take responsibility because they had the boat 2 time and did not fix it. so now all of a sudden the service managers story has changed and they did clean the filter flush the lines both of the 2 times it was in.. Of couse the GM of the dealership is taking that side and wants to charge me for a new engine.

here is where i need some help i need to know a few things

1. what does a new engine really cost 5.7L 310hp

2. what is the real cost on a new boat 2005 lsv, because the dealer offered to take it in on trade and give me a great deal on a new boat, but the great deal was full msrp and he would not budge which i thought was a bad slap in the face.

i would really appreciate some help i am very frustrated with the dealership and moomba at this point i would not recommed either to anyone in a million years

thanks

peter