PDA

View Full Version : New tv!

rdlangston13
08-24-2011, 09:56 PM
So I got to call my girl yesterday and she apparently went TV shopping. We now have a 46" LED 1080P HDTV with wifi! We can now surf the web on the tv and download movies via netflix account and not have to wait for them to come in the mail! YAY!!! Can't wait to get home Tuesday!

jpetty3023
08-24-2011, 10:20 PM
Sweet pick up, even better that you got a girl that will shop for electronics!!

mmandley
08-25-2011, 08:01 AM
So I got to call my girl yesterday and she apparently went TV shopping. We now have a 46" LED 1080P HDTV with wifi! We can now surf the web on the tv and download movies via netflix account and not have to wait for them to come in the mail! YAY!!! Can't wait to get home Tuesday!

I see she said your done spending money on the boat but then goes and buys a TV?

I got Netflix streaming to my TV as well and theres a lot fo movies you cant stream you will still need to order them on disk LOL.

rdlangston13
08-25-2011, 09:29 PM
I see she said your done spending money on the boat but then goes and buys a TV?

in all fairness i have pull about 6k into the boat this year with repairs/accessories. the tv ran her 800 lol.

mmandley
08-25-2011, 10:25 PM
in all fairness i have pull about 6k into the boat this year with repairs/accessories. the tv ran her 800 lol.

Yes but the boat entertains everyone is healthy excersice and builds memories. Who says man remember that one time at your hour watching your new TV?

But everyone always remembers the first trip on your boat, the first time they wake board, wake surf, all that stuff LOL.

I understand just razzing you man but if you got money to buy a TV and she says your done spending money on the boat, thats when i look at my lady and say id rather spend money on my boat then a tv lol.

rdlangston13
08-26-2011, 01:51 PM
i didnt use my money on the tv, that came from her account! we arent hitched so we have our own money still. although she did help me with the recent battery project which was very nice of her!

mmandley
08-27-2011, 04:55 AM
That was nice of her. Me and Claudia keep our own accounts as well. We have 3 checking and savings accounts. We each have our own checking and savings. Then we have a joint checking and savings. We use the joint to pay everything for the house, bills, utilities and things like that. Then we use the personal checking accounts to pay for each of the cars, boat and credit cards.

This way we both have the independence of our own accounts and money and yet someplace we both put our money into for the house. We have found this works best so no one person has sole control and also works well for making things 50 50. I do tend to give her money out of my account if she runs short but its still a managed thing.

As for the boat and my truck all those upgrades and expenses come off my account. All the house upgrades, furniture and such are off her account lol.

wolfeman131
08-27-2011, 09:12 AM
i didnt use my money on the tv, that came from her account! we arent hitched so we have our own money still. although she did help me with the recent battery project which was very nice of her!

Whoa! Sounds like a keeper to me rd!

But, fair warning from an old, married guy. Once you get hitched it will probably work a bit different. And that doesn't just apply to the finance situation!

rdlangston13
08-27-2011, 05:56 PM

But, fair warning from an old, married guy. Once you get hitched it will probably work a bit different. And that doesn't just apply to the finance situation!

she really enjoys the boat and the boating lifestyle but she questions how necessary my upgrades are. she thinks i should be happy with what i have while i see room for improvement lol. but hey, shes like being on the water so im happy!

mmandley
08-27-2011, 06:21 PM
Claudia is the same way when it comes to upgrades but some she really likes so i get to spend as much as i want. The stereo is a good example, all she said when i was building it is it better be the best on the lake. How can you go wrong with permission like that LOL. Other upgrades she really likes is the Seadec pad and the FAE that i have yet to install LOL. She also likes the window tint a lot.

rdlangston13
08-27-2011, 06:38 PM
Claudia is the same way when it comes to upgrades but some she really likes so i get to spend as much as i want. The stereo is a good example, all she said when i was building it is it better be the best on the lake. How can you go wrong with permission like that LOL. Other upgrades she really likes is the Seadec pad and the FAE that i have yet to install LOL. She also likes the window tint a lot.

Heidi likes the stereo but doesn't want me to get the Hybrid setup, she says it is good enough. She doesn't really think I need PP or a new ballast set up however she is game for a acme 1847 and a TX flag seadeck that we want to get made. She didn't think we needed LED lighting in the interior until she saw Cory (stangkillass) boats and now she wants LEDs lol. she doesnt think we need transom lights either

mmandley
08-27-2011, 06:46 PM
Yea shes got the same thing Claudia does. She thinks things are fine and then i upgrade it anyway and shes like ohh that cool ok i approve LOL. In the end got to keep the woman happy and not make her resent the boat. Other wise it becomes a pain lol. Claudia really loves the boat and being on the water so it helps me get away with more. Plus we did buy her a new car of her choice last year, and i did get her a new house built this year, so i got a ton of brownie points to spend.

wolfeman131
08-27-2011, 08:15 PM
Too bad Brian can't be paid off with those brownie points!

mmandley
08-27-2011, 10:45 PM
Too bad Brian can't be paid off with those brownie points!

Yea thats true but he does love tamales and each year between Thanks Giving and Christmas we have a huge party and make dozens of them. We have a Brian stash, no kidding every month or so i take him a 6 or 12 bag and drop them off LOL.

Reminds me i better drop more off the 1st of the month is comming lol.

hsurman86
09-02-2011, 01:27 AM
A whole thread about me! I'm honored

kaneboats
09-02-2011, 11:44 AM
Welcome, Heidi! Need more gals on here but most can't take all the ballast and stereo talk all the time. Nice job on the TV!

kaneboats
09-02-2011, 11:45 AM
By the way, how do you guys connect your netflix to the TV? Use a laptop with an HDMI? Do you have gigabite wired or are you using wireless? Thanks!

hsurman86
09-02-2011, 05:29 PM
David actually signed my phone up for this and posted that comment. The tv is great though or at least it would be if we had set it up yet. Haha I'm waiting for my brother to move his things out of the game room and them it will go in there.

The tv has wifi built into it so we can pick up the Internet from our router in the house and then just go to the Netflix website and sign in, no laptop required...the tv takes the place of it! We will let you know how it goes!!

jpetty3023
09-02-2011, 05:45 PM
Haha, David bored out there on the trinity or what!!!! Smooth move setting your phone to the forums thou!!

jmvotto
09-03-2011, 07:39 AM

now thats funny.

loudsubz
09-03-2011, 10:16 PM
By the way, how do you guys connect your netflix to the TV? Use a laptop with an HDMI? Do you have gigabite wired or are you using wireless? Thanks!

a dvd or bluray with ethernet built in and netflix enabled, or use something like a WDTV, they are nice units and can also stream media from a NAS or usb hdd as well, I prefer that over a dvd/bluray but then again I am a techy guy and like to digitalize and store my media over a network on a central point.

kaneboats
09-06-2011, 10:51 AM
I think I'm turning into one of those guys. Right now I'm trying to get all the notebooks around the house upgraded so I can properly use the wireless "N" on the router. But I'm also looking at other ideas with the network.