PDA

View Full Version : took my 2.5 year old for a surf this weekend!

saskie99
08-23-2011, 03:09 PM
He is a picture of me and my 2.5 year old surfing this past weekend. It was his first ride. He has gone "tubing" 3 times and has now caught the surf bug.
He forgot his wakeboard shorts in the boat so i did a little photoshopping!

My wife was taking pics and she missed my air but got the grab in the shot!

WaterBullDawg1980
08-23-2011, 03:48 PM
That is awesome.....I have been too chicken of getting Addy on anything besides the tube for fear of me wiping out and making her never want to get in the water again.

Make sure to save that pic for blackmail for when he is about 16. Just make sure to make the black blob a little longer. lol

rc5695
08-24-2011, 11:51 AM
lol. Thanks for sharing. That grab pic is awesome!

jbgp1200
08-25-2011, 10:54 AM
That's awesome. i did the same thing with my soon to be 3 year old this past weekend. I did not let go of the rope though. My little guy loved it.

saskyrider
08-25-2011, 03:21 PM
to funny... title of the jpeg... "no weiner" thats a great shot! and def. blackmail material.... save it for his wedding slideshow! haha

Inliner
08-25-2011, 03:30 PM
Great photos nonetheless! And riding technique looks great in your action photo! In spite of her missing the "air", she did a great job!

mnpracing
08-26-2011, 10:38 AM
He is a picture of me and my 2.5 year old surfing this past weekend. It was his first ride. He has gone "tubing" 3 times and has now caught the surf bug.
He forgot his wakeboard shorts in the boat so i did a little photoshopping!

My wife was taking pics and she missed my air but got the grab in the shot!

Hey saskie, any tips on getting the airs? I feel like I'm not getting enough speed by the time I hit the lip. I'm assuming it's probably more in the ollie than speed, but I'd like to hear it from someone who can do it. Thanks.

wolfeman131
08-26-2011, 11:53 AM
sorry for the thread jack, but Shred Stixx has an instructional video on airs for you to check out

http://store.slayshtank.com/collections/shred-stixx-instructional-series

saskie99
08-30-2011, 11:18 AM
it is an ollie, but i start as far back as i can then start pumping gain as much speed as possible hard carve up the top of the wave and as you are coming off the lip try to pop an ollie. I practiced oillies with out the rope over and over again until i got pretty good at them. I have not figured out and shoves yet. But my 3s are pretty much dialed in. I am riding a touch faster than all my friends so I can get more speed in the wave, I have to pump to keep going when I get back ( the weight shift ahead is sometimes not enough) but my wave is really long and fast. The bad part about the speed with my skim board is the fin does not track as well and is super slippery!