PDA

View Full Version : Ballast Fill Problem...

eblom
08-22-2011, 11:25 AM
I have a new to me 08 LSV with the Gravity III system. Yesterday at the lake the starboard V-drive bag would only fill if all 3 bags were switched to the fill position. Any thoughts as to why this is happening and troubleshooting help? This is only happening on the starboard bag... The others work correctly... Thank you!

kaneboats
08-22-2011, 12:14 PM
Sometimes I have to do the center bag first to get a prime going then the other ones will fill. I think because the center is lower down it allows the pump to prime easier. Once it's going I can fill. I think your issue is just with the prime. Try starting the center and then turning on the starboard one and the center one off. It should work.

utilityvehicle
08-22-2011, 12:25 PM
I find by filling the bags while the boat is moving gets rid of air locks

eblom
08-22-2011, 12:55 PM
This is what I did yesterday... Clicked all 3 switches to fill... Checked the starboardd bag and it was filling... Then I turned off the port side and the port and starboard side stopped... Turned both on and both started filling again... Eventually the center bag filled and I shut it off... but I couldnt get the starboard to fill on its own

mmandley
08-22-2011, 08:55 PM
YOu might need to check the fuses under the dash. They are almost dead center above the steering rack. Make sure they are all good. Then pull the ballast switch panel out and look at all the wires. Something tells me the previos owner blew a fuse or had an issue and wired both solinoids together to trigger at the same time due to an issue. If everything looks normal pull the V Drive cover off under your back seat make sure each solinoid valve is wired seperatly.

eblom
08-23-2011, 09:01 PM
I checked the fuses and they were all OK... I then tested all of the switches again in the driveway and found that only the left switch turned on the fill pump... The center and right switches activate the valve (I can hear a faint clicking) but dont turn on the pump... I havent checked the ballast switch panel yet... anything else to check? Thanks for any and all help...

eblom
08-24-2011, 12:05 PM
I am correct to assume any of the ballast switches should activate the fill pump?

kaneboats
08-24-2011, 12:28 PM
Yes, there is only one fill pump so any of the three switches should run it. My switch panel has a reset button I never noticed till one day we got caught in the rain and everything got very wet. My ballast wouldn't run and after I found and hit the button it was all restored.

eblom
08-27-2011, 10:10 AM
I figured this one out... The orange wire that connected each switch to the pump had pulled out of the center and right switch... Easy fix for once... Thanks for everyones help...

kaneboats
08-29-2011, 10:11 AM
Excellent! Just goes to show that one of the first steps to any troubleshooting is a thorough visual inspection. Fix it guys of all types will tell you that about a third of the time they find a wire off or a burnt wire or a fuse issue-- simple to fix.