PDA

View Full Version : Board-time zone question

Martin Jr
08-21-2011, 07:15 AM
this is really a question for the west coast people...

just curious - when those of us on the east coast see something that pops up from the calendar (birthday or some event) at 12:01 AM EST,

Do you guys see it at 9:01 PM??

or does the boards take in account time zones and you get a delayed version of what we see?

08LSV
08-21-2011, 07:24 AM
Hey Ed, we see it at 12:01 AM PST.

For instance this post by you says you posted it at 4:15 AM my time. And I am sure you probably posted it at 7:15 AM EST.

Martin Jr
08-21-2011, 07:30 AM
hmmmm.

analogy:

so if Skiers Choice has a fire alarm posted on the calendar, we easterners, will get out of the building 3 hours earlier than you.

If some big event is planned - I'll immediately let you know and every one in the west will think you have ESP.

bergermaister
08-21-2011, 09:14 AM
Pretty sure it goes by the timezone the webserver is located in. I'm on the west coast but use webhosting services based on the east coast. Blogs and forums post by server time, email is time stamped by your local machine for when you send.

mmandley
08-21-2011, 09:48 AM
Same as at New Years you can watch the news at 9pm and see the East cost celbrating and then watch it for 3 hours till you reach Midnight then the East coast is watching the West Coast celebrate.

Martin Jr
08-21-2011, 11:01 AM
oh, that reminds me of the time I flew back to Orlando From Guam on New Years Eve.

Due to all the time zone AND International Date zone changes... I celebrated New Years four times!!