PDA

View Full Version : wake plate guage not moving, where do I start

bkearney
08-17-2011, 08:46 PM
The wake plate guage on a new-to-me 2003 Mobius has stopped showing the current position. The hydrolics are working, and the pate is moving.. but the guage does not reflect it. Where should I start looking?

Thanks!

-- bk

mmandley
08-17-2011, 10:43 PM
Start by looking for the gound on the back of the guage. Then also check for power on the rear of the guage. Its a very simple guage and is recieves a signal anytime the wake plate is moved. Should be easy to see if you have power to the guage when using the wake plate and if you do but it doesnt move ensure the ground is good and if so its the guage.

bkearney
08-19-2011, 12:35 PM
I will check that. We went out last night and it seemed to be working. Nutty.

jester
08-19-2011, 12:53 PM
I have noticed that if i do not use my wakeplate for a few months the guage hangs. I move it up and down a few times then it starts to move again. Also in colder weather I sometimes i have an issue. I do not konw if it is the wakeplate is stuck or somthing else. Really do not want to stick my head in 35* water to check.

Also I would check for a lose ground wire. It could be you take a few bumps and the ground wire does not make a good connection then you take a few more and it makes a good connection again. Do not just look at the ground I would make sure it is secure.

Rugburn
08-24-2011, 01:37 PM
There is an orange power wire on my wakeplate that is under the dash that sometimes pulls itself out. As you are laying on your back, looking up and the rats nest of wires, its on the far left, most likely orange like mine, with a male connector on the end that slips in to a slot.