PDA

View Full Version : Music Staples

KG's Supra24
08-17-2011, 11:41 AM
I know we have had plenty of "lake music" threads, especially on mixtapes, but what are specific songs that get played everytime, no questions ...

Here are a few randoms of mine:
Party Rock - LMFAO
Pursuit of Happiness - Kid Cudi
Kick it in the Sticks - Brantley Gilbert
One Day - Matisyahu

Anyone dubstepping? Fingers crossed that noone says "on a boat", lol.

dusty2221
08-17-2011, 11:58 AM
We Dubstep without fail every single time out.

More would be:

Wiz Khalifa - On My Level
Wiz Khalifa - Black and Yellow
Drake (Dj Khaled) - Im On One
Kesha - Blow (per my boat trophy Request)
Nicki Manaj- Super Bass
Lil Wayne - Swag Surf
Rihana - S&M

There are proly at least 10 more that are 100% guaranteed to be played..I'll add more as the thread grows.

bergermaister
08-17-2011, 12:09 PM
where does a guy find these? I need to stock up some for a week long vacation coming up. And what the heck is "dubstep"? (Apparently I'm older than I thought I was...)

EDIT: Oh yea, can you point out any of these tracks that are not kid/family friendly? Thx

deafgoose
08-17-2011, 12:09 PM
beemp3.com is where i get my music from

dusty2221
08-17-2011, 12:12 PM
Here is my current fav dubstep song for you to sample:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XGV0gRYm0Yc

Dubstep is a genre, big slamming beats, tranzy noise, skrethy noise, wub wub wub wub noise..etc. Makes for an AMAZING nighttime playlist. You can chill completely out, or have a rave with dubstep.

A few of my fav dub artist:

Deadmau5
Skrillex
Bassnectar
Rusko
Dodge & Fuski

Peep em, alot of it is on Amazon, itunes, etc.

bergermaister
08-17-2011, 12:23 PM
uhhhhhhh, as they say, to each their own.

I think I'd have to shoot myself in the head after 5 minutes of that... No offense bro.

dusty2221
08-17-2011, 12:38 PM
Ha! At one point I would agree with you. Then I fell in love

ChrisK
08-17-2011, 12:40 PM
Yeah dubstep gets put on just about every time out for us now, if you type in Liquid Stranger on Pandora and let that play it comes up with some pretty good stuff.

Also, without fail, we play Knock Three Times by Tony Orlando. Kinda an inside joke with my crew, but it makes for some great times.

Last, we always play the entire soundtrack from the Burton Snowboards team movie called The B Movie. It's got everything from the Jackson Sisters, to MGMT, to some heavy metal. I highly recommend downloading the soundtrack and/or watching that movie, it's incredible.

viking
08-17-2011, 12:46 PM
uhhhhhhh, as they say, to each their own.

I think I'd have to shoot myself in the head after 5 minutes of that... No offense bro.

Ya i don't think that would fly on my boat either.

KG's Supra24
08-17-2011, 01:58 PM
Ha, I knew dubstep would be hit or miss. I feel like im in the transition between hating and loving it.

My wife picked up the "now 38" album and I was surprised by it. She grabbed the clean version for the kiddos. It had a pretty good mix of music.

sandm
08-17-2011, 02:33 PM
going to have to check some of this out...

I'm always down for some good mix music on the lake. makes the day go by when just chillin on a dock.

csm
08-17-2011, 02:36 PM
I have a huge boat playlist that doesn't change much, except for adding new music, but these are the ones that get requested every time out:

Atmosphere - Puppets
The Dirty Heads - Antelope
OutKast - Rosa Parks
Bon Iver - Blood Bank

tnbrooks01
08-17-2011, 02:54 PM
Total Dubsteppin here!!! Very few lyrics and sounds really cool (once you get into it). Its pretty much sensory overload if your not used to it.

I have a Skrillex radio on Pandora and have already (thumbs down) anything that wouldnt be kid/family friendly.

Skrillex- Scary Monsters and Nice Sprites
Benny Benassi / Skrillex- Cinema (favorite!!!!)
Deadmau5- Ghosts and Stuff
Liquid Stanger- Rocket Fuel
Rusko- Woo Boost

chawk610
08-17-2011, 03:24 PM
so.... I'm the only one that plays "Big Bottom" by Spinal Tap????

sandm
08-17-2011, 07:36 PM
have to say I hated the deadmau5... need some lyrics at some point...

the benny benassi was good. I have listened to him before on xm channel 81. he's on there quite frequently and talented..

rdlangston13
08-17-2011, 08:18 PM
I will have to check out this so called "dubstep" when i get home from work. For now here are a few that always get played

Wear My Ring - Bart Crow Band
Water - Brad Paisley
White Trash Story - Casey Donahew Band
Rock the Boat - Chris Cagle
Low - Flo Rida
Barefoot Blue Jean Night - Jake Owen
My Texas - Josh Abbott Band
E.T. - Katy Perry
Loose, Loud & Crazy - Kevin Fowler
Country Girl (Shake it for me) - Luke Bryan
Buy Myself a Chance - Randy Rogers Band
Yeah! - Usher
No Hands - WakaFloka
Paper Planes - M.I.A.

Sorry folks, we are a bunch of red necks!

wolfeman131
08-17-2011, 10:38 PM
we have a pretty decent radio station at the lake and last weekend they had a 90's flashback playlist.

the wife and I then terrified the girls (and anyone else that saw us) by jamming out & dancing to Sir Mix A Lot's "Baby Got Back" and MC Hammer's "U Can't Touch This"

for you young 'ens, check out these classics

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2ImZTwYwCug&feature=related
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otCpCn0l4Wo

02Outback
08-18-2011, 12:37 AM
I like a good mix of all music.

Those that like Deadmau5, also try Tiesto.

While old, I still like this mix:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NxOUrrNUx5k

Those that like a lot of mixes, check out this place:
http://mixcrate.com/

02Outback
08-18-2011, 12:39 AM
Forgot my all time favorite:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AAwoGO0E38w

That is Tiesto's mix of 'Ride', by Cary Brothers. The original song is used in the 'Hyperlite Rocks' wakeboarding video, found below:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y2oy7b4SFgE

You are welcome.

eseebeck
08-18-2011, 09:20 AM
Wow, I am getting old !! I have Jimmy Buffett - Songs you know by heart, permanently in my cd player.

Margarittaville, boat drinks, why dont we get drun* and Scre**, Son of a sailor, I could go on but you get the point.

LIstened to the dubstep link and couldn't get into it. When you talk playlist, you're not talking a cd are you?

How do you hoop up an ipod to run through the boat system? I have one of those road trip gizmoz but that is a hassle. Id like to hard wire in an ipod dock that i could just pop the ipod on and play music, is that an option?

thanks

csm
08-18-2011, 09:32 AM
I would guess 99% of the people on these boards use an ipod on the boat. You can run it through your head unit, or I run it directly through my wet sounds EQ.

Sent from my BlackBerry 9650 using Tapatalk

Martin Jr
08-18-2011, 12:28 PM
the song that always gets played when I surf for the 1st time on any day is:

Van Halen's "Surfing With The Devil"

at least that's how I'm singing it.

skylar18
08-18-2011, 03:56 PM
I must be getting friggen old,

The only names I recognized were Jimmy Beffet and Van Halen.

Thanks Guys, appreciate the blow to the face with reality. Now I know wy my kids say they don't want to go on the boat anymore because the music sucks.

Dubstep to me sounds like it would be a workout video from George Bush.....

Martin Jr
08-18-2011, 04:16 PM
Don't feel bad - I work with recent college grads who have NO idea who the Beatles are

E4NASH
08-18-2011, 05:16 PM
Swedish House Mafia - "Miami 2 Ibiza" is a good one
Swedish House Mafia - "Save The World"
Deadmau5 - "Ghosts N Stuff"
Foster The People - "Pumped Up Kicks"
Afrojack - "Take Over Control"
Lupe Fiasco - "The Show Goes On"
Kid Rock - "Low Life"
Alice In Chains - Them Bones
Cary Brothers - "Ride"
Dave London - "Don't Call Me Stalker"
Zac Brown Band - "Toes"
Brad Paisley - "Alcohol"
Beach Boys - "Sloop John B"

"Ghetto Cowboy" by Bone seems to be a popular choice of the ladies in the party cove

Way too many good songs that get played. I have a whole playlist in my iPod just for the boat...it has over 175 songs in it. All different varieties.

Now if I just had a boat to listen to them in again...

E4NASH
08-18-2011, 05:41 PM
Kid Cudi Ft. MGMT - "Pursuit of Happiness" (Steve Aoki Remix) is a GREAT track as well

jmvotto
08-20-2011, 08:35 AM
e4nash, kid rock and" low life" have been a staple on the boat as well great song.

cant get there with the dub steppi.g stuff. i like many of the remixes that beezo.net had.

zbb
jake owen.
uncle kracker
classic 80s as well as florida tpain kid cudi stuff my kids listen to but i think is good as well. soldier boy gotta go though

rdlangston13
08-20-2011, 09:26 AM
The Lonely Island - I just has sex.

you da man
08-20-2011, 04:21 PM
The Naked and the Famous - Youngblood
1901 - Phoenix
Girlfriend - Phoenix
Lisztomania - Phoenix
Diamond Eyes - Shinedown
Machinehead - Bush

dusty2221
08-20-2011, 11:41 PM
Yeah, def in wrong section.

KG's Supra24
08-22-2011, 09:37 AM
Didnt understand the move to this section either.

Tupac always seems to find its way onto the playlist as well. Didn't get out this weekend but looking forward to bumpin some dubstep next weekend.