PDA

View Full Version : Speedo And Horn problem ! Need some help or wiring diag

phil_sauve
08-16-2011, 06:01 PM
There it goes, my outback 2008 speedometer is flipping out ! Sometimes it works perfectly, sometimes it's out !! Sometimes its out, and low speed it's on !!!

Verified my tooth gear under the boat : Ok
Removed the sensor under the boat with the tooth gear : All clear, spins well. With key ON. Speedo works fine
Verified connector between speedo gauge : Ok
Verified quickly the wiring : Seems fine but didn't start opening all the harness and follow the wires.

Anybody having issues with there sensors, or gauge, or chopped wires ??

Something pretty funny also is that when I hit the horn button, speedo goes up !! Normal situation ? I guess....
Is your boat acting the same, never realised that before. But something tells me that there might be a link between horn and speedo.

Well, give me some help guys. Without a speedo, damn it sucks to ride my wakeboard.

Thank you

Phil

rdlangston13
08-16-2011, 06:36 PM
when my bass on my sub hits my speedo flips out. also the adjustment dial doesnt do anything, if you touch the dial the speedo flips out and reads like 50 mph

phil_sauve
08-16-2011, 06:46 PM
You think my adjustement dial would be my problem ? What is the fix ?

And how come speedo goes up when hitting the horn button ?

rc5695
08-17-2011, 11:50 AM
when my bass on my sub hits my speedo flips out. also the adjustment dial doesnt do anything, if you touch the dial the speedo flips out and reads like 50 mph
Where's the amp grounded to? I had mine grounded to my stereo ground and it was doing the same thing. I just ran a ground wire same guage at the power wire back to the battery and problem solved...

rdlangston13
08-17-2011, 01:09 PM
my amp grounds all go to a distribution block, then to the negative on the battery.