PDA

View Full Version : tower speakers

dgarcia523
04-25-2005, 09:14 PM
I have a 2003 mobius LSV. i'm thinking of getting some tower speakers + amp + maybe sub-woofer. my question is do i need to get a different or modify my bimini top or just not use it once i get tower speakers?

smokedog2
04-25-2005, 09:53 PM
I have not used mine yet but it looks like it just goes forward of the speakers

SD2

Brian Raymond
04-25-2005, 11:10 PM
When useing the OEM speakers, you will be able to use the tower mounted bimini. Brian Raymond

OnTheH20
04-26-2005, 12:12 PM
I just installed a pair of Fusion t-series tower speakers. They are not "huge" but I was concerned about the clearance. I'm careful when putting the top up as the fit is snug but they do clear without a problem.

I also found a post (I don't recall where) with instructions for shortening the bimini height. Someone pulled the plug at the end, took off an inch from the pole and simply reinserted the plug. According to them it worked just fine.

seanpatsdad
04-26-2005, 01:01 PM
I have a pair of Klipsch SA-1 and use the bimini all the time.If you are doing the install,I found the easiest way to run the wires was to use the line from a weed eater to pull the wires down the tower tubes.
John

OnTheH20
04-27-2005, 04:49 PM
I fed string into the top openning while a friend held a vaccuum cleaner "wand" at the lower opening. The vacuum pulled the string right to it; no fishing necessary.