PDA

View Full Version : front ballast not filling

zipgorp
08-15-2011, 07:02 PM
Hi everyone, I am sure I saw threads on this before the forum went down so not sure if they got purged / lost,

anyway

I have a 2007 LSV and I cant get the front ballast to fill. the two back bags fill and empty no problem, I have check the pumps and that funny little switch on the top is in the right position,

I read somewhere that there is a fuse box under the dash for the three pumps, but I sure cant find them, otherwise what else can a guy do other than pull the pump out and test it?

Any suggestions would be appreciated,

cpatten
08-15-2011, 07:04 PM
If you have the sprinkler valve setup, try taking them apart and cleaning them. I know this worked on my 08 LSV. Hope this helps!

b66cf
08-16-2011, 12:15 PM
When you try to fill, do you hear the pump turn on? If not, check the fuses - they are under the dash, sort of behind / below the steering wheel in a black box. If you hear the pump run when you flip the switch, fuses are not your issue. I'd first try filling while driving forward in the water to prime the pump.

kaneboats
08-16-2011, 01:37 PM
If he's got an '07 with stock GIII then there's only one Rule 2000 pump to fill everything. If his rear bags are filling then the pump works. The problem is either in the sprinkler valve or the line to the front bag. Try switching the line to one of the rear sprinkler valves. If it fills then you know it's the sprinkler valve. These are quick connect lines and easy to swap and easy to reach cuz they are right on top when you remove the v-drive cover.

jmvotto
08-16-2011, 03:28 PM
Kane , well said.

zipgorp
08-17-2011, 01:12 PM
thanks for the input, I will take a very close look this weekend. From what I understand there is one pump and three valves that allow flow to go to the three bags? so if the back is working the the front line may be plugged or the valve that routes flow is malfunctioning. If that is the case I should be able to fill the front bag from one of the other valves and leave it full for the rest of the summer.

Is there a wiring diagram for these boats? or any sort of manuals that explain how everything is put together, would sure simplify the problem solving steps.

thanks again for ever ones input.