PDA

View Full Version : 2007 Moomba Mobius for Sale

gcombe74
08-15-2011, 11:01 AM
the easy place to check out is here for a complete list of stuff is listed below... but mtx amps, all wet sounds in boat and on the tower. Changed the head unit and remote to the alpine iDA-X100M has been super sweet. pretty much every option added and then some. priced a bit high.. but for sure room to move... utah is an odd market so dont let the price fool you. hit me up.

to see it go here.

http://www.ksl.com/index.php?nid=218&ad=16779415&cat=147

gcombe74
08-17-2011, 08:44 PM
she is sold.. went to a great family. moderator please remove if you want.

c.rix
08-17-2011, 08:51 PM
whats next?

gcombe74
08-18-2011, 10:28 AM
man do i dare say...haha on here i could get lynched. I am actually looking at the tige RZ4. but have been debating that vs the supra 224! dont see how I can go wrong with either boat. but given I just said that opions will be a flying now..hahaha

kaneboats
08-18-2011, 10:38 AM
Debate is fair. Tell us what you like and don't like about the two models you are considering.

gcombe74
08-18-2011, 11:01 AM
well there is only 35lbs gross wieght between models...

love both to be honest.. just a bit different is all. but kinda same approach. both have the led touch screens.. and I love the auto everything that they both have for riders ext.... that is until some electrical thing blows them up... go figure right. guess that is what warranty is for.

on the tige.. we love the "spork" that is what the wife and I came up with when they first came out AKA pickle fork front end. lol
love the 409 motor and 6.0 but never owned a pcm engine so not as familiar. love that it comes with first 3 years of oil changes and maint included. not a big deal to me .. but nice all the same.

the supra has the engine diagnostic feature.. that might be way handy down the road. What kills me is supra still has the ballast switches located at the bottom by the drivers seat.. Why why why ... its so not a good place.

just stuck right now. see we can get a killer deal on 2011 since they want to unload them both at the local dealers... but just trying to figure out what makes the most sense.. really leaning to the tige right now.

dealer is playing a huge role too.. there is only one dealer of each right now.. and not really happy with the supra dealer. have never opted to buy even my moomba's from there.

mmandley
08-18-2011, 10:44 PM
As for the PCM engine its really simular to the Idmar its a GM Vortec style engine with is really the same as the Idmar engine because Idmar is the Chevy 350 based engines.

As for the boat be very carefull about a Pickle fork nose espcially on the Tige. I spent some time with a Tige owner this past week and the biggest complaint he had with the RZ2 is the pickly fork will nose dive and dunk super easy if you have any weight in the nose.

Also if your big into surfing the pickle forks tend to be a bit harder to list over to one side.

All i can really say is drive them both, weight them both and also put people in the noce of both and go from plain to idle to see how much dip you really get with ballast and people in the nose.

I spent time on the Ve24 i think its called from Tige and its a great boat i was really impressed and it has the 340hp PCM engine with 550 hrs and sound smooth and had plenty of power with 3K ballast and 8 people in it. The prop was cavitating a bit so there talking of upgrading it now LOL.

kaneboats
08-19-2011, 08:47 AM
I thought the PCM engines had a Ford block? Or did that used to be the case and changed at some point?

sandm
08-19-2011, 09:04 AM
Also if your big into surfing the pickle forks tend to be a bit harder to list over to one side.

Everything I have seen compares the rz2 as the next best surfboat under the enzo/avy. might be hard to list, but once you get enough weight in it, supposed to be the cats pajamas to surf...

E4NASH
08-19-2011, 09:38 AM
Everything I have seen compares the rz2 as the next best surfboat under the enzo/avy. might be hard to list, but once you get enough weight in it, supposed to be the cats pajamas to surf...

That is the same thing I have been reading. My next boat will be more of a surf boat and the RZ2 and B52 are on my list...

wolfeman131
08-19-2011, 09:58 AM
and the Mojo, too - right? RIGHT?!?!?

wolfeman131
08-19-2011, 10:00 AM
E4NASH - I'd like to check out a B52 also, but I'll warn you ahead of time that there isn't a MB dealer in Atlanta and, for me, that's a deal breaker.

KG's Supra24
08-19-2011, 10:02 AM
Agree with the above. RZ2 is one of the best surf boats out there, I'd imagine RZ4 is right there with it. Supra has the 6.0 as an option in the 242 i believe.

Both of those boats would be at the top of my list for a brand new boat. I would probably lean toward the Tige but its sure hard to argue with how the 242 looks in the water ...

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i401/kwgarner24/DSCN0312.jpg

http://i1092.photobucket.com/albums/i401/kwgarner24/DSC_0131.jpg

kaneboats
08-19-2011, 11:23 AM
It is one sweet honey. Re the MOJO, my oldest two daughters were away at cheer camp or something when all the pics came out. I showed all the little kids but I guess I didn't show the older two. Last night the Mojo came up and they asked what it was. I showed them the pics and they thought it was VERY COOL! I was kind of surprised a little but anything new and different is cool to them I guess. I'd love to see a finished one with a better graphics package and a color other than white. I'll bet it is going to look awesome in black.

sandm
08-19-2011, 11:37 AM
I think that there needs to be a lot more data and opinions out there on the mojo before it'd be on my list. waiting anxiously for skiers to get some out into the hands of the general population....

as far as supra vs tige rz2/4, hate to say that I'd probably lean toward the tige, not seeing price. the skiers boats look so much better on the water than the tige's, but from a surf perspective, tige looks to have a better wave, and that's what it's all about. the reality for me, tho is both are way out of my budget(insert sad face here)

E4NASH
08-19-2011, 12:28 PM
Drew, that has been the exact discussion around my house. Has me thinking of a few things...such as what it would take to change that. The closest MB dealer is Johnson City, TN and Orlando. I wouldn't be comfortable buying a boat without a dealer within a reasonable driving distance...

On the Mojo, I will have to see it in person and on the water before I make any judgments on that. All I do know is next boat will be surf boat first wake boat second and plenty of room for the kids and friends...

---
- Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gcombe74
08-26-2011, 10:41 AM
well after much debate and testing and reading and sleepless nights.. this is where we ended up... love the supras there is not doubt the 242 is a great boat and solid ride. But knowing myself and the wife in about 3-4 years we will change up again.. but figured based on the Tigé performance and roomie ness... to go this route. 11883

wolfeman131
08-26-2011, 11:15 AM
sharp lookin' ride!