PDA

View Full Version : Swing Tongue

silverski
04-25-2005, 01:52 PM
For those of you using swing tongue's, do you find it easy to get the pin out to swing?

I picked up my boat on Saturday and discovered that the trailer had been damaged. They are putting a new swing on it to replace the one that was dented and scratched. I think that the damage sprung the trailer because it is impossible to get the pin out to swing it. The owner was trying to tell me that they are all like that when new and it takes awhile to get freed up. I'm not buying it.

The factory left off my wake plate during manufacture so I have to bring the boat back to get that installed. And, the dealer left the boat out in the rain with the cover on but not the support posts in so the ski locker was full of water when I picked it up.

To make it even better, it was 45 degrees with 20 mph winds from the North.

Hope I'm getting my trouble out of the way early so that I can enjoy the summer.

Yellowmobius
04-25-2005, 03:27 PM
I would say that is not normal and you might have an issue.

jburnside
04-25-2005, 04:21 PM
I have always found it easier to tap the pin in and out of mine with a hammer. But from day 1 I was able to pull it out by hand if I needed to. Just a lot easier to give it the old taperoo. Make sure your dealer really inspects the new tongue. I hope they appologized for leaving the support poles out from under your cover! I'm sure your summer will be a blast!

smokedog2
04-25-2005, 04:44 PM
Mine goes in and out fine. No tools just a little wiggle

2005 LSV

SD2

Dave A
04-26-2005, 11:55 AM
I had to hammer mine out the 1st couple times. I asked my dealer and he said once the paint wore off it would be fine. After the 3rd time, the pin slides in and out like it's greased.

carsondoc
04-26-2005, 07:35 PM
This will be my 3rd summer with mine and I still have to tap it in with a hammer. Pulls out ok. No big deal. Works fine.

jburnside
05-02-2005, 02:01 PM
Felt like I had to update my response to this thread. I picked up our new Mobius LSV last Friday and when I got her home and went to put it in the garage I was amazed at how easy the new pin slid out of the tongue. Even more amazing was how easy it was to pivot the new tongue. Our old boat was very different. Not really hard to do but much stiffer. I must say the new one is awesome.

Has anyone that has changed Moomba models seen a difference with the trailers. I upgraded the new boat to a double axle trailer and I swear the boat sitting on this new trailer is at least 8 inches taller than my old boat (same hull) sitting on the single axle trailer? Just wondering if it's a single axle versus double axle thing, or maybe a change to the entire Boatmate line.