PDA

View Full Version : Perfect pass rpm modes not engaging

pmoomba
08-14-2011, 08:46 AM
My rpm and slalom modes do not seem to be working. Settings are pretty much ignored and the boat drives as if pp is off. Wakeboard mode works fine. I did a system reset and that did not help. The manual didn't have a troubleshooting question for these modes not engaging. I tried setting the rpms very low in both modes.

Any ideas? Wakeboard/paddlewheel seems to be doing good enough for me at slalom speeds so it's not a huge problem yet but I would like to get them working.

NCSUmoomba
08-14-2011, 02:55 PM
Slalom mode is a big pain in the a%#. I have given up on mine. It has to be calibrated at every speed setting separately, eg 28, then again at 30, 32, and so forth. And then that calibration is totally useless if the next time you go out and there is another person in the boat since the weight of the boat changed. There is a section in the owners manual for pp that will walk you through the calibration. I use my wakeboard mode for slsloming and it works fairly well. I can also increase or decrease speed in smaller increments. Slalom mode does it 2 mph at a time. I keep a handheld gps in my boat, so if the speed is important, I can read the actual speed on it and adjust the pp to match.

04OUTBACK
08-15-2011, 01:59 PM
I never slalom, but pulled my bro in law last week.. set up PP to a slalom/rpm mode set it and let it engage.. great.. then it started slowing down to low low 20's.. never could get it figured out.. he wasn't skiing buoys so I just controlled throttle manually and let it ride...

Any feedback on why it wouldnt hold speed ??

Mikey
08-15-2011, 06:31 PM
PP has to be set up and calibrated to start. Yes all the slalom speeds need to be set up to work properly. If you follow the start up ,calibrating proceedure,it takes about 10,15 minutes to get speeds set up and baseline set etc. Once all is set usually you are good to go. I set mine up at the start of every season and use a GPS to confirm my Speedo and or the initial set up then Good to go.
Follow the instructions and or if you have other problems,you can call PP directly and they are VERY good to deal with and will help walk you through set up or issues etc.