PDA

View Full Version : Tower Tow Point Swivel locked up

teamctl
08-13-2011, 05:00 PM
Alright guys, this my first thread! I've posted before, but now I need some help! Here is my issue: my "tower tow point swivel" has locked up. It appears to have dry rotted in the southern summer heat and/or the plastic has swollen to the point that it no longer turns. Where do I go to find this part? What kind of tower is on a 2007 Outback V? I've searched these forums as well as our good friend google and have come up with nothing so far! What is the official name of this plastic part? It seems like an easy replacement, unscrew the hex-screw pul the cap off and replace the plastic.

Has anyone else run into this? Suggestions please!!

Thanks in advance!!

Jay

Hootreville
08-13-2011, 05:28 PM
Did you try to get it off?? If you can then just clean up or shave off some of the inside and put it back on. Not sure though if you really need it to swivel. Never thought about it before but standard pylons don't swivel. What does it hurt if it doesn't???

teamctl
08-13-2011, 05:41 PM
Good question and thanks for the response! I did notice the rope being a little grabby during my run today. It's what prompted me to look in the first place. The boat ski pylon swivel looks to be the same part. I've considered just swapping the swivels from the tower and ski pylon, but would like to know what the actual replacement part is to make it "right". Good idea on shaving off the inside. The hex bolt is on very tight so I'm going to have to be careful not to strip it this evening.

Hootreville
08-14-2011, 08:36 PM
Well what did ya come up with?? Curious now..

teamctl
08-17-2011, 07:19 PM
I swapped them. The ski pylon and the tower piece. I'm still searching for the actual plastic part. Any ideas or leads?

Razzman
08-17-2011, 07:25 PM
Why not just call a dealer and order it?

teamctl
09-24-2011, 10:33 AM
Got my parts last week through Bayou Outdoor Supercenter in Shreveport, LA. Great service on parts! The tower tow point swivel (the plastic part your rope goes around) came in around $40 for future reference. Also, got a new bimini boot. Zipper broke on the boot and was unrepairable and the velcro straps had long since rotted off. The new bimini boot does not feature velcro any longer, but has straps and clips similiar to the trailer boat cover. Thanks Razzman for the dealer rec, I was dealer-less since my original dealer had gone out of business in Shreveport. Unfortunately there isn't a reputable dealer in the Monroe, LA area.