PDA

View Full Version : water pooling in cover

helix_rider
04-24-2005, 06:34 PM
I have a question for you 05 LSV owners (I did an archive search and found some info, but it may be different for this years' model)

I unfortunately have to store my boat outside, protecting it with the Moomba logo cover. Water pools between the windshield and the ski pylon. I noticed the felt covers on the inside, but was not given any poles to 'prop' the cover up.

Should I get these free from my dealer? Did you all have to make homemade PVC contraptions to get the job done? I just know I don't want to run outside like I did this weekend, bailing water every other hour :)

Other than that, the new boat is treating me great. Flipped the switch on my solenoids to stop the water from automatically filling the ballast, run a wakeboarder at 60 ft, with the wake plate 3/4 up, and even attempted my first 360 on Wednesday. Landed it, but without the rope...doh :)

And the wife successfully brought the boat in to the trailer both times we've been out with no dings...I just back the trailer in, and let her do the hard work :)

Brian Raymond
04-24-2005, 10:55 PM
Congrats. on the new boat. I am sorry to here about the 360, maybe next time. I want to congratulate your wife on her loading abilities, this can sometimes lead to a marriage counselor. Happy and safe boating to all. You should have recieved poles with your cover, please notify your dealer. Brian Raymond

smokedog2
04-25-2005, 04:42 PM
I think 3 poles to be exact. I saw one of those metal aunings like a roof for $750. That might be worth a look. I bought a big metal building on 3 acres.

I still cannot get my car in the garage.

SD2

lowdrag
04-26-2005, 06:08 AM
I ditched the poles completely. Ended up being a pain to get them all in the rights spots and I still had some pooling in heavy rains. Overton's sells a nice solution for a bout 30 bucks. It has one pole with a plate on it that sits in the center of the boat. A nylon strap wraps around the bow then hooks into the plate and is attached to the eyelets on the stern. It's done a great job and I haven't had any water issues since.

sailnfast
04-26-2005, 12:11 PM
I received 3 aluminum adjustable poles with my new '04 LSV. They seem to work fine and prevent pooling (though the cover itself is pretty cheap IMO). I'd go back to your dealer and request them as they should come with the cover.