PDA

View Full Version : Not happy with my local dealer

pickle311
08-12-2011, 09:03 PM
After almost 2 months, I finally got my boat back from the dealer. The condition in which they returned my boat to me I believe is unacceptable. Don't get me wrong, I didn't expect my boat to be detailed, but I also didn't expect to be scrubbing greasy shoe prints off the vinyl and rubber streaks off the gunwale. And really, would it have killed them to clean my boat? After all, I did have a $7K repair bill and have spent almost $100k with them. The interior of my boat was absolutely disgusting and I spent half a day scrubbing it. I've never let my boat get that dirty and it doesn't look near that bad after sitting for 4 or 5 months during the winter. I just expect them to treat a $40k + toy a little better. I can spend $25k on a used BMW and they will pick it up from my office to change the oil and bring it back detailed. You don't return items to loyal customers in worse condition than you received it.
They may have lost me as a customer after all of this. 2 months to repair it, invoice was higher than estimated, charged for things I didn't approve and what I thought should have been covered under warranty, and freaking greasy shoe prints. rant over

wolfeman131
08-12-2011, 09:11 PM
That stinks and I think I would have taken it back (or not taken it off the lot) and told them to clean it up. But, I also understand when you're in a spot that you just want your stuff back and it's easier to get it done yourself.

Post up the dealer's name for a proper rant and possible resolution as they lurk around here a bit.

Suprahunter
08-13-2011, 06:59 AM
The owner should have been notified of the condition the boat was returned. His answers would determine whether you have ant further dealings with him. I would send him a copy of this post and see what he says.

02Outback
08-13-2011, 10:10 AM
I had a similar issue at my dealer here in Houston, however mine was a little worse. I quickly got on the phone and called the service manager to complain about my findings. He quickly requested the boat back at the shop, which of course I did. I took it back and they fixed everything.

When they water tested my boat, when loading back on the trailer they ran the nose up causing the nose rub rail to be pulled down/off almost. I did not notice this at the time because of the cover being on but once I did, I was quick to get on the phone.

I applaud my dealer for accepting responsibility and quickly resolving the issues at no cost to me.

Rinkers Boat World - Houston, TX

brad460
08-13-2011, 11:18 AM
That's what sucks about working on a boat, you are constantly climbing in and out!! That being said a dealer should be smart enough to cover everything with loading blankets or something similar.
Curious, what kind of work did you have done? Based on your bill was the engine replaced?

I would complain and request some in store credit or coupon for some free oil changes...

pickle311
08-13-2011, 01:21 PM
Yes, it was an engine replacement.
I thought about complaining to them, but what good would it really do? I don't care to haul the boat 30 miles across town through craptastic traffic to bring it back to them. I also don't care to get anything out of them for it. I guess I'm not the type that seeks compensation for something that's not permanent damage. It's cleaned up now, so I guess it really doesn't matter. I did just get an email from them for a survey though. I will fill that out honestly and see if anything comes of it.
I don't want to post their name at this point because they have been great to me for the last 6 years. I will give them the opportunity to redeem themselves without tossing their name under the bus.

jpetty3023
08-13-2011, 02:08 PM
I had the very same issue with the same dealer a few months ago (minus the 7k service bill). I noticed it before the 1 1/2 hour drive home. I said the very same thing aboutma 45k boat and no TLC from them yet. My wife owns a BMW and
by far the best service of anything I have ever owned. "our boat place" should take some notes from my BMW dealership

ptcbtchr
08-13-2011, 10:59 PM
I'm starting to think that boat dealers are not the top of the customer service heap. I took my swim platform back to the dealer to get the recalled rubber
replaced. I dropped it off on monday and told them I would leave it for a day or 2 to replace the rubber. I called on thursday at appx 10 am to see if I could pick it up on friday, and was told service manager was on lake testing a boat and would call me back. 7 hours later I called back to see status of my platform, and again told service manager no available. Later received a call to tell me they were working on my platform. I did pick it up friday.....with several air bubbles under the rubber, much to my dismay. Once calling them I was told that was normal and they would bake out in the sun!! not pleased. Seems boat dealers all suffer from
quality service. My Mercedes dealer washes and details our car anytime we have it in for service!! and I paid less for it that my boat!! expected more

Mark

matt75
08-13-2011, 11:35 PM
I had a similar issue at my dealer here in Houston, however mine was a little worse. I quickly got on the phone and called the service manager to complain about my findings. He quickly requested the boat back at the shop, which of course I did. I took it back and they fixed everything.

When they water tested my boat, when loading back on the trailer they ran the nose up causing the nose rub rail to be pulled down/off almost. I did not notice this at the time because of the cover being on but once I did, I was quick to get on the phone.

I applaud my dealer for accepting responsibility and quickly resolving the issues at no cost to me.

Rinkers Boat World - Houston, TX

Was the service mgr Stan? He's an awesome guy- takes care of the client!!!

skiyaker
08-14-2011, 04:11 PM
all this stinks to hear. I've been pretty happy with my dealer (Aqua Marine of Anderson)- in the summer he usually employs a high school kid to wash the boats and get them ready for pick up. I notice little things like if I drop it off for service and it's wet he'll remove the seat cushions and dry it out. Too bad you guys don't live closer.

jpetty3023
08-14-2011, 05:50 PM
Must be nice to have a dealer who cares after the sale. Hard to come by nowadays

loudsubz
08-14-2011, 06:40 PM
Does Skiers choice do anything about the sub-par dealers? If I had shoddy service from a dealer I would like to know that Skiers choice was looking into them and hopefully doing something.

....but than again that might be asking too much :) We have a very good dealer by our cottage (sadly they don't deal with Moomba/Supra, only MC, Malibu) but they do service the indmar for us and do a great job. They are always busy buy somehow manage to squueze us in and get it done on time. They are def out to please the customer.

skylar18
08-14-2011, 08:33 PM
This dealership is one of Skiers Choice Flagship dealerships I believe. Usually they do a great job but every once in a while everyone there seems to go brain dead or unsensitive all at once.

TL7
08-14-2011, 10:55 PM
Well that didn't take long.

pickle311
08-15-2011, 10:18 PM
Yep, they have won numerous awards and are ranked among the top SC dealers year after year. Like I said, they were great to me for 6+ years while spending nearly $100k with them.

you da man
08-16-2011, 12:06 AM
Ah yes, South Austin Marine. I took photos of the 10+ greasy footprints left on my ballast bags, a few greasy footprints on my carpet, and a couple on the gunwale after you open the v-drive locker. They didn't even clean the black gunk off the hull of my boat after dipping it into their test tank where they run 2-stroke engines with oily water. Got a free detail and wax after I complained about it. This was at my break-in service. Second service wasn't much better. When I dropped it off I told them my boat is spotless and it better be returned that way minus any waterspots from any rain (IF it rained). My stereo EQ knobs were all messed with and buttons pushed in that were not when I left it. They used to give you a discount card good for 10% off your 50 and 100hr service. I asked if they took off the 10% and they said "yes" without hesitation but I did not see the discount reflected on the invoice. They said we took it off already before writing up the invoice. Took the invoice to another person in the service dept and he said "looks like he didn't take off your 10%). Complete idiots at that dealership. I think the only good guy there is Hunter (salesman). Dealer manager was going to charge me for 2nd battery and perko switch AFTER it was written in my contract that it was going to be added at no charge. I literally started to walk out of the dealership with my $25,000 check as down payment and he said, "wait, wait, wait...ok, we'll throw it in". Are you serious, the dealer was worried about a $100 battery (not even his cost price) and a $30 perko? Also, had 750lbs bags included in my contract. They tried to given me 565lbs bags they had already that were not even new in box. I found that out when I picked up my boat for delivery. I complained about that and David the parts guys said, "that's the biggest bags that will fit in there." Got the manager to order me the 1100lb bags for no extra cost thanks to David's mistake and lack of knowledge. It shocks me that most if not almost all sales and service staff DO NOT visit these forums more to see what their customers are doing to the boats to make them better. I will never do business with them again.

RickT
08-16-2011, 10:08 AM
I will make sure the dealer is aware of this thread. My apologies.

Rick

jpetty3023
08-16-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks for getting up front Rick. Stand up as always

LakePerson1952
08-17-2011, 09:08 PM
Sorry about the lousy experience. I have had my fair share of bad service departments at dealers but my Moomba dealer is not on the list. They have been great since I first walked in to look at a used Malibu. A couple weeks later I bought a new Outback and I walk out with a smile every time I go there whether its with a question, a service call, or for equipment.

JC Sports - Seneca, SC

supraboard
08-18-2011, 11:59 AM
Thanks Rick for bringing this to our attention, at South Austin Marine we strive to keep customers happy and this is definitely being addressed with our service and make ready department. I have dealt with a couple of you guys and hopefully been of some help. Part of what I hear is that you are unhappy that the boat was dirty. I hate hearing this but would say we cannot fix things if you decide not to tell us and then post to a public forum. We appreciate all customer feedback that is how we progress in our service and product offerings. An unhappy customer will tell hundreds of his experience, but a happy customer may tell 10. Jason in our service department will address any issue immediately if it is brought to his attention. If you are picking up your boat and there are footprints in it please let him know as if there are any other issues. I hope that you can give South Austin Marine another shot and communication is the key. And don’t be afraid to tell someone about the good things that get done too.

Martin Jr
08-18-2011, 12:07 PM
"I will never do business with them again. "

Lets be fair in the criticisms of South Austin Marine. I don't believe they even sell Axis boats.

you da man
08-18-2011, 12:29 PM
"I will never do business with them again. "

Lets be fair in the criticisms of South Austin Marine. I don't believe they even sell Axis boats.

No they don't but I bought my XLV there new so I am being fair. My experience with sales staff, finance staff, and the girl that staffs the proshop has been great and no pressure. The only complaints you have read have been associated with the service dept. In my experience my boat has been returned to me dirty and carpet stains. My stereo was messed with to the point where it was out of tune and would not play because various buttons were engaged or disengaged until I figured out which buttons were messed with. I was going to order a Moomba LSV but a decent part of my decision was the unsatisfied experience I had with service dept techs, not the guys at the service desk.

skylar18
08-18-2011, 03:51 PM

Ed,

That was the cleverest funniest post of the month so far.

Touche! Well played!

you da man
08-18-2011, 04:19 PM
Ed,

That was the cleverest funniest post of the month so far.

Touche! Well played!

I still don't get Ed's post? What's your point Ed, I've bought and owned a new Moomba through the dealership in question and posted my experiences. I see he's still his old self without the mod status.

wolfeman131
08-18-2011, 06:24 PM
Hunter,

Glad you posted a reply and that you're going to try and make things right. However, I think you're missing the big picture here: the boat should have been returned in the same condition, or better, than when it was dropped off. If it had been, there would have been no issue at all.

cab13367
08-18-2011, 11:07 PM
Thanks Rick for bringing this to our attention, at South Austin Marine we strive to keep customers happy and this is definitely being addressed with our service and make ready department. I have dealt with a couple of you guys and hopefully been of some help. Part of what I hear is that you are unhappy that the boat was dirty. I hate hearing this but would say we cannot fix things if you decide not to tell us and then post to a public forum. We appreciate all customer feedback that is how we progress in our service and product offerings. An unhappy customer will tell hundreds of his experience, but a happy customer may tell 10. Jason in our service department will address any issue immediately if it is brought to his attention. If you are picking up your boat and there are footprints in it please let him know as if there are any other issues. I hope that you can give South Austin Marine another shot and communication is the key. And don’t be afraid to tell someone about the good things that get done too.

I'm with Drew. Notice that there is no apology anywhere in this response. Rather, it's the dealership's perspective that this was the customer's fault for not bringing the issue to their attention. And by the way, be sure to spread the word when we do something right. Nice!

mnpracing
08-19-2011, 02:33 AM
I'm with Drew. Notice that there is no apology anywhere in this response. Rather, it's the dealership's perspective that this was the customer's fault for not bringing the issue to their attention. And by the way, be sure to spread the word when we do something right. Nice!

I've often thought that it would be fun to be a dealer, whether it be for cars, boats, etc. I, like many of us on this board, know more about the boats and cars we drive than the salespeople at the dealerships. The downside (which I can't see a way around) is that you have to deal with inadequacies of the manufacturer which are out of your control, but would greatly affect your business. When I brought my '06 OBV into have it winterized, I had to inform my dealer that "yes, it does have a separate v-drive oil reservoir and a separate transmission fluid reservoir....yes it does....yes it does...let's go look...what I can't go into the shop....yes it does...should I just take the boat now and go somewhere else...yes it does..." And that was the service manager...and still is....

Same thing happens when I buy cars or bring them in for service.

you da man
08-19-2011, 08:51 AM
I've often thought that it would be fun to be a dealer, whether it be for cars, boats, etc. I, like many of us on this board, know more about the boats and cars we drive than the salespeople at the dealerships. The downside (which I can't see a way around) is that you have to deal with inadequacies of the manufacturer which are out of your control, but would greatly affect your business. When I brought my '06 OBV into have it winterized, I had to inform my dealer that "yes, it does have a separate v-drive oil reservoir and a separate transmission fluid reservoir....yes it does....yes it does...let's go look...what I can't go into the shop....yes it does...should I just take the boat now and go somewhere else...yes it does..." And that was the service manager...and still is....

I agree as well. My salesman (great guy as far as a no pressure sales person and let me take my time and ask questions) had been selling Moombas and Supras for 6 years and when I told him IF I bought my XLV I planned on putting in 750's or 1100's in the rear lockers. His response was, "you guys are crazy (haha), the boat won't handle the weight". I told him that he should really spend a few minutes a day on the forum and see what his customers and other owners are really doing with the boats and that he could use the info to pass on to other potential first time wakeboat buyers who are unfamiliar with the capabilities and ability to mod these boats.

kaneboats
08-19-2011, 09:13 AM

I live several hours from the closest dealer. The boat sits outside with the snap covers on. From the dealer's perspective I am supposed to remove the covers, check to make sure they cleaned up after themselves and then beg them to clean up their mess and wait around for an hour for someone to come available and then another hour for them to clean my boat, right? Then I still have to drive the several hours home. And if I don't bring it to their attention it's my own fault. This guy doesn't get it. BTW-- the last dealer I visited left my shaft bolts loose, the sealant stuff smeared all over the place, dirt in the lockers and wrenches in the bilge.

MidTexMoomba
08-19-2011, 11:02 AM
My name is Jason and I am the current service manager for South Austin Marine. I have been following this thread ever sense it made it to my desk on Monday and thought very hard the best way to address each post.

To start, on behalf of South Austin Marine I would like to apologize for any boats not returned in a condition deemed clean by any of our customers. We try very hard to return all of our boats in the same or better condition than we got them. We know how much they mean to you all and know some of you put forth great effort in keeping them like new. For those of you making the comparison to car service please don’t overlook the fact that almost all of that service takes place outside of that vehicle. Like Hunter said, if for any reason you ever see or have anything not right with your boats your first stop should be me or one of our staff. We can’t correct or improve on what we don’t know is broken or an issues. Please alert us in person or by phone or email. We apologize that we can not follow all of the boating forums, we simply don’t have the staff to monitor them.

We will also apologize to our three other customers that had complaints beyond the cleanliness of their boat. South Austin Marine cannot control the speed in which your insurance handles your claim, or the service that your extended warranty company decides not to cover. We do the best we can to absorb accelerated shipping and wave cost on work ask of us when warranty wont cover. We also go to great lengths when you bring your new boat in from out of town for its first service to give you same day/as you wait service no matter how many items you want us to address. All of our tech are aware of our rule on not touching or messing with any part of customers boat not directly related to the service (my apologies on your radio settings that was before my time here).

Here is some quick insights on what makes us (or any boat dealership) different than a car dealership…
Car Dealer---Most carry one brand (ie Ford). They have many models but they are still the same brand. That means most all their parts are for one brand, most of the time made by them. They build on a far larger volume, which means more parts for service and better lines of distribution. They are not seasonal, which means the staffing can be carried year round. The majority of their warranties and extended warranties are handled through them not a third party making more efficient.

Boat Dealer--- Multiple brands with multiple models within each those brands. Multiple engine brands and multiple models within those brands. Vastly smaller volume of boat and engine production which means smaller part volume, more sources, less availability, slower access. Warranty support, we are not the builder or extended warranty provider, we are at their mercy the same as the customer. The fact that boats and their service are seasonal makes it hard caring a huge staff year round without raising cost to the consumer.

South Austin Marine values every customer whether they bought a boat from us or not, regardless of the brand, and regardless of how often that boat owner has done business with us. We would be sad to see any customer of our leave or be dissatisfied without ever having the opportunity to discuss or address their issues directly.

kaneboats
08-19-2011, 11:31 AM
We appreciate you coming on here to face up to this. A dialogue is probably the best way to resolve these kinds of issues. But, nobody is going to believe that boat washers or detailers are anything other than seasonal employees that can be hired during the busiest time. There's really no excuse for returning a customer's boat all dirty, especially when it was not dropped off that way.

you da man
08-19-2011, 11:47 AM
Jason, thanks for the reply. I bought my Moomba in Sept '09 and sold it May '11. A small, but decent part of my reason to go with another brand was due to my less than satisfied experience at which I felt my boat was treated by the techs there. As boat owners the one rule 99% of us have is no shoes in or on the boat. It shocks me to see the techs there climb in and out of boats with shoes on in an environment with "dirty" floors (fluids and other chemicals). To see 10+ greasy/dirty shoe prints on ballast bags, the top deck, carpet, and on seats is not acceptable period. On a couple other occasions I've found 2-3 shoe prints. While this may sound petty, in a lot of our eyes it's complete disrespect to the customers' property. We spend a decent part of our income on these boats. In addition, we take pride in our boats is why we take offense to short cuts of keeping our boats clean. I have called in the past about my complaints and filled out the service surveys South Austin Marine emails but yet it seems I am never satisfied with the way the interior of my boat looks when I get it back (not complaint about the actual work being performed).

MidTexMoomba
08-19-2011, 12:29 PM
I just wanted offer a bit of South Austin Marine’s side of events and to stand behind the things we do well and own our mistakes. I did not post here to have a long debate with our customers or any other member of this site. Each dealership handles personnel, prices, and procedures differently, when we hear from our customers about areas we can improve management is notified and improvements are implemented.
We are no different than any of this forums members’ employers or companies. No business is perfect, no business will stop trying to evolve and get better, no product is perfect, and there will always be customers to any product or business that will feel the best efforts were not made. All that myself and South Austin Marine can guaranty is that the best efforts will be made and a willingness to be there for positive resolutions when issues arise.

jpetty3023
08-19-2011, 02:00 PM
I want to give SAM credit where credit is due since they are my dealer and seem to be taking a bit of a chewing here. They have been perfect with warranty/mechanical issues. My speedo and vent plate??( that plastic piece under the windshield) both broke between my 0-20 hour service. There was also some scratches from delivery and other small warranty type issues between then. It takes a solid 1.5 hours to get to SAM from my house so when I bought my boat I inquired about same day service as to not have to make to many trips back and forth. I call and talk to jason each time service time has came around and they have honored the in/out service. Each warranty issue, and maybe even a few non-warranty issues, have been taken care of the same day and I got to come home the same day with my boat. 20/50 hour services have been the same way, in and out that day while I wait. As far as actual maintenance issues goes it's been above par IMO.

Hunter is my salesman and from the first call I made to inquire about my lsv to now he has been solid. We had a couple differences here and there but he made things right and I actually talked to him the other day about giving me a fair trade in on my 09 twds the MOJO (love the name by the way) so we'll see how that plays out in a couple months. And to be fair, Hunter really had no reason to defend the service dept, he's the sales dude!!

I feel I have a good relationship with jason and service but we have had our issues to but they have always been stand up and resolved the issue, even thou the dirtiness issue should never arise. We have talked about it in person and I am confident this issue will never arise again. It is good to see SAM has come on the forum and addressed some of the issues. Right, wrong, or indifferent they came on "our forum" and made an attempt to explain and fix.

Now all you have to do Hunter is make me a deal I can't refuse on that MOJO. Let's get it done and give some love to a "future return preferred customer"

Jason Petty

skylar18
08-19-2011, 02:27 PM
As I posted before, 9 out of 10 times South Austin Marine is fantastic. I think by far the best dealership in Austin to work with. I can go on and on with horror stories about some of the other delaerships including one that delivered a used trailer when I bought a new one. Should have seen thier faces when I caught them basically trying to swindle me.

My favorite hamburger joint here in Austin is The Tavern. Probably have eaten there 50 times. Every time was great. This last Saturday, went there it it was horrible. 3 burnt Hamburgers, dried out chicken on a salad, and horrible service. Tried to complain and there wasn't anyone who would admit being in charge. Drove home 65 dollars lighter feeling violated. Would I go back. Yep...Just assuming they had a bad day. Do it to me twice however, I might change my habits.

That is what I attribute problems at South Austin Marine. It happens but for me they happen rarely and they try to make it right.

rdlangston13
08-19-2011, 02:38 PM
Hunter is my salesman and from the first call I made to inquire about my lsv to now he has been solid. We had a couple differences here and there but he made things right and I actually talked to him the other day about giving me a fair trade in on my 09 twds the MOJO (love the name by the way) so we'll see how that plays out in a couple months. And to be fair, Hunter really had no reason to defend the service dept, he's the sales dude!!

sounds like i am going to have to take another trip lake belton here pretty soon to try out a mojo!!

jpetty3023
08-19-2011, 02:55 PM
Heck yeah man. Keeping my fingers crossed we'll see

ian ashton
08-19-2011, 03:09 PM
I still don't get Ed's post? What's your point Ed, I've bought and owned a new Moomba through the dealership in question and posted my experiences. I see he's still his old self without the mod status.

The point is that you consistently dog Moomba (both on here and WakeWorld) now that you have an Axis. It is obvious that you will not buy another Moomba, because you are so happy with the Axis, so to suggest that you would is silly. Since SAM doesn't sell Axis, and you aren't going to buy another Moomba...

2 + 2 = ...

For once, I agree with Ed.

schuylski
08-20-2011, 09:11 AM

Have to agree with this. I have little faith in my dealers service... and they seem like performance guys... When I inquired about an oil change, my dealer responded 'oh yeah, we just do those once a year during summerization' What???? Along with other responses and info I've gotten, they seem worthless... This forum has a million times more information.

skiyaker
08-20-2011, 11:58 AM
Have to agree with this. I have little faith in my dealers service... and they seem like performance guys... When I inquired about an oil change, my dealer responded 'oh yeah, we just do those once a year during summerization' What???? Along with other responses and info I've gotten, they seem worthless... This forum has a million times more information.

This shocks me- being a first time boat owner I'm not sure I would have bought a boat from a dealer I didn't have confidence in. At the time I bought my boat I couldn't decide on whether to get an inboard or go with a tahoe from bass pro shop (no kidding). When I asked to go on a test drive the owner/salesperson sent me out in the boat with their inboard mechanic. He took me through the prelaunch inspection and gave me the basic mechanical layout of the boat. I thought "man here's a guy that will help me take care of my boat and keep me on the water" and that was a huge part of my decision to buy a moomba. When I bought the boat he grabbed some stuff off the shelf- "here use this oil, here's where you put it, check the transmission fluid here, try this wax etc.." I winterize and store it with them because I know he dries it out, stores the seat cushions appropriately (I've checked on it mid winter from time to time).

Maybe the difference is that the only new boats my dealer sells are supra/moomba. They love boats- they're always proud when they have an older moomba or supra come back to the dealer that still looks new. I felt like when I bought my boat they gave me a lot of information on how to take care of it because they want to sell it again in the future!

Martin Jr
08-20-2011, 02:13 PM
personally, I think it's time to turn the tables on this thread amd make it a:

"Three Cheers for the Dealer You Love" thread.

My dealer for life is Watersports Of Central Florida.

This is the dealer that services the Skiers Choice Athletes boats, and the dealer who helped start the annual Skiers Choice Owners Reunions.

Think they would do anything to risk their reputation and status with Skiers Choice???

Never!!

I Love My Dealer!!

usaski1
08-20-2011, 02:45 PM
I gotta say some props to South Austin Marine.

theres been a lot of bashing, and I agree when a boat is returned it should be in the same or better shape in which is was delivered. We all make mistakes, perhaps they just forgot to look it over before returning it to the customer. Having said that, I traded my boat and bought a Outback from them last fall. My salesman Jim was always professional, made the deal work when I thought it wasen't going to, and could have done the water test a closer lake (delivery water test) but when asked, did it at my house, on my lake in Buda. When I had a problem with my new Outback, It was handled same day, when I brought it in the moning to them. SAM was friendly, where I belive Boat Town was rude. And they have the best pro shop around, although could use more ski items and less wakeboard items, but I know, thats were the market is. so...

you da man
08-20-2011, 04:28 PM
I did enjoy my interaction with my salesman at South Austin Marine, Greg (no longer there). He was the first guy I spoke to on the phone, he showed the boat in the showroom (I do like that their boats are inside), he set up a demo in the dealer demo boat (we even towed it in the rain and test drove it in light rain), and on my delivery test ride of my boat Greg showed me the features. I'll say this, on my delivery test ride I drove my boat for 30-45 min and headed back to the dock (Oyster Landing) and Greg said, "whoa whoa whoa, where are you going?", I said back to the dock. Greg said, "we have all day...keep going, there's 15 more miles of lake to cover". I thought that was cool.

rdlangston13
08-20-2011, 04:59 PM
My dealer in Houston, Rinkers Boat World, carries Supra and Moomba along with some Rinker run abouts, a pontoon brand, and some offshore center consoles. They have always been a stand up dealer in my experience, every time i get my boat back it has always been washed and waxed. The service they do seems to be great, a little pricey but after hearing about what everyone else pays on here it sounds about on par. The own of the dealer even offered me a sales job last time I went in. However I always feel kind of inferior when I pull into the parking lot with my 2008 LSV and they have a brand new Supra 22V sitting there. kind of makes my boat look like crap and I think my boat looks pretty good!

Martin Jr
08-20-2011, 05:43 PM
Rinker.

Well known in the boat world.

Skiers Choice and Rinker have a great relationship!

jmb
08-20-2011, 07:44 PM
I always deal with Alan Manor. He was with Logan Martin Boating Center but the owner was an a@#. He left to go to ski centurion. Came back from North Carolina and went to another marina. I think he is selling Nautiques but I still have him do certain things on mine. I don't take it to anyone else. He knows I'm picky.

TL7
08-21-2011, 02:12 AM
You get it washed and waxed? I'm on my second boat from them and I've never gotten either. I've got no complaints about them as they've been stand up on any issues, but man I hate how filthy the boat gets from being outside. A wash would be nice!

My dealer in Houston, Rinkers Boat World, carries Supra and Moomba along with some Rinker run abouts, a pontoon brand, and some offshore center consoles. They have always been a stand up dealer in my experience, every time i get my boat back it has always been washed and waxed. The service they do seems to be great, a little pricey but after hearing about what everyone else pays on here it sounds about on par. The own of the dealer even offered me a sales job last time I went in. However I always feel kind of inferior when I pull into the parking lot with my 2008 LSV and they have a brand new Supra 22V sitting there. kind of makes my boat look like crap and I think my boat looks pretty good!

DOCDRS
08-21-2011, 09:32 AM
The issue has been handled by the dealer as best possible. Time to move on.