PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Cleaner

Kidder522
08-12-2011, 01:59 PM
Hello Everyone,

Just wondering what you have done to clean the vinyl in your boats. I don't have major stains or anything like that, just needs a good cleaning from water spots and dirt/grime. I have seen a couple of brands at Canadian Tire, but unsure of what to get. Any information would be great.

Thank you.

bergermaister
08-12-2011, 05:33 PM
The search may not be working on the forums all that great since the rebuild so if you're not finding anything that's why.

Lots of guys use Malco leather/plastic cleaner and follow it up with some 303 Protectant Spray. I'm in that camp as well and it works great. Just really wipe off the 303 when you're done 'cause it will get super slick when it gets wet again!

newty
08-23-2011, 10:01 AM
I used the Malco, but after lots of dicussion I went to the Totally Awesome brand plastic cleaner from the dollar store. I use it all the time on mine and lots of other boats with great success. Just be sure to wipe it down and re-wipe with a clean moist towl to completley remove the cleaner from the vinyl. then hit it with a good vinyl conditioner.

Best part is the price! $1

brain_rinse
08-23-2011, 10:19 AM
I'm in the Malco camp too but only when it gets really dirty. Otherwise I use the 303 Cleaner cut with water for the more frequent wipe downs.

sandm
08-23-2011, 12:31 PM
malco followed by babes seat saver.. mmmmm babes sure smells good. probably the only reason I have stuck with it..

Mikey
08-23-2011, 09:13 PM
I use Fantastic,without Bleach as was recommended by the local MC dealer,then use 303 or similar to recondition when done.

Tegu
08-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Magic Eraser works wonders, not sure how good it will be for the life of the vinyl though.

wolfeman131
08-24-2011, 03:12 PM
magic erasers are abrassive and not real good for the life of the vinyl.

I like to use Spray Nine. You can find it at West Marine, Overton's, etc.

viking
08-24-2011, 03:56 PM
Lots of guys use Malco leather/plastic cleaner and follow it up with some 303 Protectant Spray. I'm in that camp as well and it works great. Just really wipe off the 303 when you're done 'cause it will get super slick when it gets wet again!

^^This is my spring procedure.^^ Malco only for the deep spring clean.
During the year I use Babes Seat Soap (like SandM says.......mmmm smells great as all their stuff does) with Babes Seat Conditioner. I'll re-apply 303 depending on how much I'm out in the sun during the season.

Mikey
08-24-2011, 09:14 PM
I agree. Fantastic or whatever you decide on for Spring clean up ,or heavy grime otherwise a little mild soap/water and elbow greese then a light condition if needed, Should be all you need.

FamilyMatters
08-25-2011, 12:17 AM
I've tried the Malco on a stubborn spot and it worked, but for week to week cleaning I use the Armor All Cleaning wipes.(In the little tube) I keep them in the boat all the time. I'm amazed at how well they get stuff off the Vinyl and every other surface. I had some marks on the hull left on there by some black bumpers and nothing short of steel wool would get it off, but the Armor All Cleaning Wipe did.

Peace
Darren

Kidder522
08-25-2011, 10:02 PM
Thanks everyone for the great information.