PDA

View Full Version : Motor problems

TahitiVC
08-11-2011, 11:09 AM
Have a quick question. Last weekend boat ran great all day friday and Saturday. Until we were ready to come in for the day. Took off and got up on a plane. All of a sudden the motor would turn more than about 22-2500 RPM. Limped back to the mooring and went up to camp and had dinner to wait for the crowds to disperse at the ramp. After dinner the boat fired right up and seemed to run fine even when powering onto the trailer. Any ideas what may have caused the poor running. I put stabil in over the winter and filled the tank before going out this last weekend. I am thinking fuel filter issues but not sure. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Doots
08-11-2011, 07:41 PM
I had similar issues with boat dying while cruising around 3000 RPM. The RPM would decrease slowly then the engine would totally cut out. It would start up again no problems. I put Sea Foam Green in the gas tank and it has been running great since. With Ethanol in fuel these days water accumulates in the gas very easily and the Sea Foam Green helps clean up the fuel and fuel systems. I would still replace the fuel filter. Hope this works for you.

Check out this link- http://www.whitelake.com/files/the_problems_with_Ethanol.pdf