PDA

View Full Version : Vinyl Source\Color? 2008 Mobius LSV

eblom
08-10-2011, 02:19 PM
I am looking for a source and the specific color etc of the lt gray\off white vinyl on my 08 Mobius LSV. This is the predominent color on the seats sundeck etc. Thanks in advance the help...

kaneboats
08-10-2011, 02:47 PM
Check with Great Lakes Skipper. They often have material on ebay too. They will send you samples of all of the close colors so you can get an exact match. When I did my Outback I did all of the labor and just took the "skins" to my upholstery guy. He made the new ones with the vinyl I supplied and I reinstalled. Use stainless staples. Good luck! (Use a hairdryer when you stretch the new stuff.)

rdlangston13
08-10-2011, 11:23 PM
my boat has been in the driveway the last few days with the cover on it and i just pulled it off this after noon and the blue vinyl on the sun deck has like really really dark bloches in it! it looks like it got burned or something or the maybe the black dye from the cover seeped on it. it is so weird, the white vinyl right next to it looks fine. i know the vinyl can do weird stuff sometimes when it is wet it gets light bloches that go away when it dries. hoping that it will come back to normal color after some time in the sun????

kaneboats
08-11-2011, 09:48 AM
Daze had that happen with a wet life vest overnight. Pink splotches. I'm sure the FL sun will cure it though. Nothing would clean it off.

bigr82
08-11-2011, 10:51 AM
I've been trying to find the orange for my 06 LSV, they must have used specail stuff!

rdlangston13
08-11-2011, 11:35 AM
Daze had that happen with a wet life vest overnight. Pink splotches. I'm sure the FL sun will cure it though. Nothing would clean it off.
it is weird because it only happened on the blue, the white is still white as can be. and im starting to get cracks in all my cushions :(

kaneboats
08-11-2011, 04:38 PM
I've been trying to find the orange for my 06 LSV, they must have used specail stuff!

Did you try GLS? Here's a link to their ebay auction for the orange stuff. Just call them and ask them for a sample.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/SUPRA-MOOMBA-54-INCH-ORANGE-FUZZY-BACK-BOAT-VINYL-YRD-_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2eb207cfbfQQitemZ20055 5351999QQptZBoatQ5fPartsQ5fAccessoriesQ5fGear

bigr82
08-12-2011, 08:45 AM
The MAIN vinyl is different that the colored stuff. I did have GLS send a sample of there orange(great company) but doesn't match. All my orange is cracking, even with being hit with 303 all the time.

moombadaze
08-12-2011, 05:56 PM

its getting better, but dang I was pissed when I first saw it.