PDA

View Full Version : Not "air aware"

loudsubz
08-10-2011, 12:38 PM
Any tips for those doing inverts consistently? I can land a tantrum and have landed about a dozen or so over the past few years but it is not consistent and seems everytime I go for them I throw it fine but tense up in the air and just shut off and don't spot the landing and just hope for the best. If I land spot on I'm fine but slightly under or over I can't compensate because I am not aware of my landing or where I am in the air its all a blur. I don't know why I get like this my body just gets weird like its bracing for a punch to the face or something lol

kaneboats
08-10-2011, 12:40 PM
It's your rational brain telling your body "Don't be doing this stuff -- we're not built for this!"

bzubke1
08-10-2011, 01:21 PM
I was the same way with tantrums for a while but now there one of my favorite tricks to do. There were two things that were holding me back. First, i when I would pop off the wake I would tuck my chin in to my chest instead of looking over my back. I think this helped the most cause I wasn't spotting my landing until my board was hitting the water and if I didnt land perfect I was going down. Second, I started bringing a much harder edge into the wake, idk if this would work for everyone but it helped me time my pop off the wake whereas before I was always tripping it at the bottom of the wake instead of the top. Now I rarely fall on a tantrum and a month ago I rarely landed a tantrum and if I did they were super sketchy. Have someone take video of you, it really helps to watch yourself ride.

bbuhtz
08-10-2011, 06:10 PM
Have someone take video of you, it really helps to watch yourself ride.

This is probably the best advice when your learning any type of trick