PDA

View Full Version : New Moomba

New Guy
08-09-2011, 12:01 PM
Ok so where are the pictures of the boat ??

I know that there are some on WW but we need more here!

E4NASH
08-09-2011, 12:22 PM
Yep Yep...Agreed!

Jceclipse01
08-09-2011, 01:05 PM
Lets see the pictures rick

c.rix
08-09-2011, 01:11 PM
the dealer i got my obv from has a 2012 lsv and obv so yesterday we stopped by and checked them out they were closed but I decided to dig in the obv anyway since it was uncovered

the good:
New Tower looks awesome
Rear seat has room under it for sandals etc
clean lines inside and out

the bad:
drivers seat I hate it
bolster up is like a 2x4 too
dont like the arrows graphics on the side but are easily removed!

wolfeman131
08-09-2011, 01:17 PM
c. rix - what, no pics?

I noticed on the fb posts the "open space" under the rear bench seat on the 2012 LSV and Mojo. I don't like the look. Appears unfinished and cheapo to me AND that really dissapoints me as I had my deposit $$$ ready to slap down on a Mojo, but just not sure I can get past that.

c.rix
08-09-2011, 01:23 PM
have you seen it in person I thought the pics it looked bad but after seeing the functionality I kinda like it no more wedging the corner seats in the rear bench went across and in place smoothly

honeslty Im up at the cabin now and im not even going to attempt a pic upload on dial up :D sorry guys

wolfeman131
08-09-2011, 01:26 PM
Fair points. I haven't seen it in person, but I can't imagine I'm going to like looking at the transmission cover. Also, understand the upload but really glad to hear you're at the cabin!

Now, get outside & have some fun!

Razzman
08-09-2011, 01:49 PM
Everyone needs to remember that this boat is a prototype which generally don't reflect all the final production pieces and finish. Give it a chance and wait until the production run to make a final judgement.

wolfeman131
08-09-2011, 01:55 PM
Normally, I would agree, but moombadaze sent me a boatrader ad of a 2012 LSV in which I saw the open space, so I'm thinking that it's going to be that way in production. Hope I'm wrong.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2012-Moomba-Mobius-Lsv-99249209

kaneboats
08-09-2011, 01:58 PM
Good point. Sometimes with a working prototype there are beautiful things in shop drawings that just haven't been made yet. So they use stuff off older models temporarily to make it work. The finished one is always a little prettier than the one that's cobbled together for the working prototype.

Razzman
08-09-2011, 02:03 PM
Exactly Kane, seen it before on other boats as well.

wolfeman131
08-09-2011, 02:09 PM
Not arguing with you guys, but check out pic 5 in the link I added in my previous post or below.

http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2012-Moomba-Mobius-Lsv-99249209

Doesn't look like a prototype/test to me for the LSV.

kaneboats
08-09-2011, 02:18 PM
I saw that in both boats and really wonder what they are trying to do.

newty
08-09-2011, 02:26 PM
The new Mojo is pretty sweet. I'll bet there will be some pretty innovative ideas here on how to best use the space under the seat.
The one serious dislike on the Mojo is the dash... wow that is sereiously ugly. Looks like a throwback to the mid 80's tourny dashes. Also looks like there are going to be issues with getting any kind of decent sub under the helm. I'd also like to look under the bow seats to see how they address getting rid of water from a roller. Maybe with the new bow that will not be a problem.

Time and pics will tell.

On another note the new Worlds Supra is super Pimp!

Heres some pics of both the Mojo (dash) and the Worlds.

http://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.10150256124959807.335998.188926164806&type=1

bbuhtz
08-09-2011, 02:40 PM
I think the rear seat does look weird, but gawd I'd love to have that on my boat, I always end up with more damn shoes on the boat than people for some reason, not sure why you would even want damn shoes on the boat, but... there they are, and I would love to have the space to throw the shoes/sandles, whatever to get them out of the way.

That dash is hideous though, wow.

I'd take that Worlds Supra in a heart beat!

RickT
08-09-2011, 03:04 PM
I sent you some photos....since I am posting pictures (handicapped, ha)

Yes, it is a working prototype. The dealers were very excited and their orders reflected that. It will be out in October.

A few items will change based on dealer feedback, but nothing crazy. The boat's performance is the most striking feature of the boat.

Rick

Canuckle Head
08-09-2011, 03:23 PM
RICK T I BEG YOU NOT TO CALL IT THE MOJO! IT IS A SUCKY NAME!

Just sayin......

ian ashton
08-09-2011, 03:25 PM
So where are the pics, Drew!?

RickT
08-09-2011, 03:25 PM
RICK T I BEG YOU NOT TO CALL IT THE MOJO! IT IS A SUCKY NAME!

Just sayin......

And this coming from an owner called.....Canuckle Head. :). Just kidding.

Got my Mojo working....

Better get used to it. ;) not planning a change!

Canuckle Head
08-09-2011, 03:44 PM
I guess it will be the KIA of the wakeboarding world then? Whats next a bunch of people yelling Aiyeee!?

Do you guys not do market research or what?

wolfeman131
08-09-2011, 03:51 PM
So where are the pics, Drew!?

downloading to photobucket now!

I was waiting for someone to ask :)

you da man
08-09-2011, 03:57 PM
I guess it will be the KIA of the wakeboarding world then? Whats next a bunch of people yelling Aiyeee!?

Do you guys not do market research or what?

The name probably came about when the SC guys were playing golf and one of them was using a Mojo golfball and thought it sounded cool. The promo videos with the guy with Austrailian accent is gonna sound funny when he has to say, "the Moomba Mojo". Historically the Moomba model names have been good, however, this is a not a good attempt at marketing a new model that appears to be a surf specific boat at a reasonable price point that could possibly lure other loyal owners from other brands.

wolfeman131
08-09-2011, 04:11 PM
OK, boys & girls, here are the "official" first pics of the Mojo. Some of these are new, some look similar to what we've seen on fb
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Mojo/IMG_0038.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Mojo/IMG_0050.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Mojo/IMG_0111.jpg

kaneboats
08-09-2011, 04:11 PM
this is a not a good attempt at marketing a new model that appears to be a surf specific boat at a reasonable price point that could possibly lure other loyal owners from other brands.

There hasn't even been a marketing campaign yet. You have no idea what you're talking about. We get that you don't like the name. You are the guy that bought the wrong boat for your skill level and use the first time and then bought one of the ugliest boats in history. You really don't have much credibility with this stuff.

wolfeman131
08-09-2011, 04:14 PM
a few more . . .
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Mojo/IMG_0106.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Mojo/IMG_0135.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Mojo/IMG_0137.jpg

wolfeman131
08-09-2011, 04:17 PM
and the final 3 that I rec'd
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Mojo/IMG_0145.jpg
http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Mojo/IMG_0147.jpg

yes, rubber inserts for the rear lockers. bootprint design is optional. :)

http://i530.photobucket.com/albums/dd344/wolfeman131/Mojo/nonskidlocker3.jpg

ChrisK
08-09-2011, 04:18 PM
That thing is really pretty sharp, love the bow on it. I'm guessing they're going to be changing that dash for the final product and a couple other things around the cabin. Is that rear ski pylon retractable? It should be...

That thing is pretty sweet though!

Mobius22
08-09-2011, 04:18 PM
There hasn't even been a marketing campaign yet. You have no idea what you're talking about. We get that you don't like the name. You are the guy that bought the wrong boat for your skill level and use the first time and then bought one of the ugliest boats in history. You really don't have much credibility with this stuff.

.......Boom

wolfeman131
08-09-2011, 04:20 PM
I guess it will be the KIA of the wakeboarding world then?

I don't get this? Does KIA have names for their cars you don't like?

kaneboats
08-09-2011, 04:21 PM
Cool! Thanks for posting. It's definitely different. I can't wait to ride in one and check it out. We may have to all go to ATL Marine and have them do a demo day when they get one in.

Canuckle Head
08-09-2011, 04:22 PM
Wow, love the personal attacks. And IMO the Axis boats are not ugly.

Go over the the WW forum and have alook at what the demographic over there is saying about the name Mojo. I haven't seen one post where someone says "Hey, what a cool name for a boat!" I am big fan of Moomba but there is no way in h-e double hockey sticks (BTW RickT Vancouver Canuck Hockey Fans are called Canuckle Heads) I would be seen dead in a boat named "Mojo".

As they say in Australia "Epic Fail!"

wolfeman131
08-09-2011, 04:22 PM
That thing is really pretty sharp, love the bow on it. I'm guessing they're going to be changing that dash for the final product and a couple other things around the cabin. Is that rear ski pylon retractable? It should be...

That thing is pretty sweet though!

I don't think the Moombas will get the retractable pylon. That will stay on the Supras only. Good guess on the dash.

ian ashton
08-09-2011, 04:23 PM

Oh snap! lol

Mobius22
08-09-2011, 04:25 PM
Wow, love the personal attacks. And IMO the Axis boats are not ugly.

Go over the the WW forum and have alook at what the demographic over there is saying about the name Mojo. I haven't seen one post where someone says "Hey, what a cool name for a boat!" I am big fan of Moomba but there is no way in h-e double hockey sticks (BTW RickT Vancouver Canuck Hockey Fans are called Canuckle Heads) I would be seen dead in a boat named "Mojo".

As they say in Australia "Epic Fail!"

That must be why the graphics are removable.

Canuckle Head
08-09-2011, 04:29 PM
I don't get this? Does KIA have names for their cars you don't like?

The Kia used to run a marketing campaign for their Sportage where this guy down somewhere in the south was running swamp tours using one of these vehicles. Their slogan was "The Kia Sporatge, it will get your Mojo going". The guy driving the car would yell Aiyee! This is the only one I could find on youtube and it doesn't use the slogan anymore:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HjiKv4A-7OY

RickT
08-09-2011, 04:34 PM
The Kia used to run a marketing campaign for their Sportage where this guy down somewhere in the south was running swamp tours using one of these vehicles. Their slogan was "The Kia Sporatge, it will get your Mojo going". The guy driving the car would yell Aiyee! This is the only one I could find on youtube and it doesn't use the slogan anymore:

Canuckle Head,

I was trully kidding. Poor attempt at humor on my part. I apologize. We understand your comments on the name. We did spend alot of time trying to create the right one. I appreciate your feedback.

Again my apologies at my attempt at humor. Our largest Moomba dealer in the world is from Canada!!! We love Canada!

Rick

T100
08-09-2011, 04:40 PM
And this coming from an owner called.....Canuckle Head. :). Just kidding.

Got my Mojo working....

Better get used to it. ;) not planning a change!

Rick – Put the tower from the 2012 Supra on the new 2012 “Mojo”, and the new dash from the 2012 Mobius LSV in the new “Mojo”
I would shorten the name to “MJ 2012” . So did you guys even consider talking to Quiksilver?? way better name!

ian ashton
08-09-2011, 04:43 PM
I think everyone is really focusing on the name, rather than the whole new hull design with nearly every feature that customers on this board have repeatedly wanted. Kudo's to Moomba for listening. I personally could not care less what the name of my boat is, its just a sticker that I peel off anyway.

wolfeman131
08-09-2011, 04:45 PM
Go over the the WW forum and have alook at what the demographic over there is saying about the name Mojo. I haven't seen one post where someone says "Hey, what a cool name for a boat!"

Yeah, I saw YDM's post over there. Reads about the same as the one over here. I also read all the criticism for the MC's and MB's. Like they say, "Opinions are like A-holes. Everybody has one."

So, here ya go: I LOVE THE NAME MOJO. Reminds me of Austin Powers - rememeber how powerless he was when he lost his mojo? He had to get his mojo back to defeat Fat Bastard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B4yRcFgpnpw

wolfeman131
08-09-2011, 04:47 PM

got it, don't recall seeing that one.

New Guy
08-09-2011, 04:51 PM
I think everyone is really focusing on the name, rather than the whole new hull design with nearly every feature that customers on this board have repeatedly wanted. Kudo's to Moomba for listening. I personally could not care less what the name of my boat is, its just a sticker that I peel off anyway.

Exactly it seems that SC has really stepped up their game and listened to what the customer wants. I'm not a fan of the name but a wrap, decals removed, ect would take care of that quickly.

lsvboombox
08-09-2011, 04:53 PM
[QUOTE=Canuckle Head;151182]Wow, love the personal attacks. And IMO the Axis boats are not ugly.

QUOTE]

yeah its funny.. violation of rule number 5 by the ones who make the rules....

Canuckle Head
08-09-2011, 04:56 PM
Canuckle Head,

I was trully kidding. Poor attempt at humor on my part. I apologize. We understand your comments on the name. We did spend alot of time trying to create the right one. I appreciate your feedback.

Again my apologies at my attempt at humor. Our largest Moomba dealer in the world is from Canada!!! We love Canada!

Rick

No offence taken and believe it or not we Canadians love you guys too. I was refering about the attack on YDM cause he bought an Axis.

I'm just trying to understand your thought process. I am 41 years old, have a pretty good level of disposable income, have been involved in boardsports for pretty much most of my life and I just can't bring myself to like this name. I think it will ultimately date itself and it would be like calling it Extreme or Bitchin or Rad.

Guess I'll shut up now. Thanks for taking the time to listen though and it's neat to see that you pay attention to what is being said here and on other forums.

wolfeman131
08-09-2011, 04:56 PM
anybody REALLY know the definition of "mojo?" I wasn't sure that I did, so I looked it up:

mo·jo [moh-joh]

noun, plural -jos, -joes.
1. the art or practice of casting magic spells; magic; voodoo.
2. an object, as an amulet or charm, that is believed to carry a magic spell.

from the American Slang Dictionary
mojo definition
[ˈmodʒo]
n. magic or spells. (Assumed to originate with African slaves. Very old.) : The old lady was said to possess powerful “mojo” which the others feared her for.
n. power; charisma. : She seemed to radiate a penetrating mojo that made her easy to deal with.
n. sex appeal; sex drive. : Man, does he have mojo to spare!

I dunno, but does the name make any more sense now?

ChrisK
08-09-2011, 05:05 PM
Canuckle, like you said, it's pretty cool to see that Rick takes the interest and time to address things on here.

I'm also not a fan of the name, but I'm usually not a fan of boat names anyways. I prefer model number stuff like 242, X-35, LSV, XLV, etc. However, if I had to defend a model name I would say it might be appropriate to put a descriptive name on a new model when it is 100% new like this one is. That way it stands out in marketing, on the website, on the showroom, and everywhere else. Also, names sound funny at first but then they start to mean more to people as time passes. I'm sure the name Mobius sounded funny at one point (maybe it still does for you), but another example may be the Camaro, which means absolutely nothing and was a made up word. However, it's now synonymous with one of the most BA cars ever. I'm just saying if you own one of these boats and have some good times in it, your perception of the word Mojo might change and you may end up loving it.

Just the 2 cents from a Supra "Sunsport" owner : )

squeeg333
08-09-2011, 05:15 PM
Great photos. Some of those are different than were on FB, and I really like the idea of the mat in the lockers - that gets away from the past where carpet was in there. I like the carpet in the lockers, but only when I do winterizing. Nicer to sit on once I take out the plastic dividers.

I can't believe there isn't the word Moomba on the middle of the backrest! Rick, you need to get that one handled. I always thought that was one of the rules of thumb all boat makers followerd - all flat portions of back rests get the mbroidered brand name!!

I like it. There are always going to be something that someone doesn't like. There's no way a company can make everyone happy. There's ways around the name, and all the other complaints. I think it's great SC is listening, and especially that Rick is willing to listen and comment on here. I think that's awesome. I'm really looking forward to seeing the finished model in the coming months!!

ChrisK
08-09-2011, 05:24 PM
Another thing I just noticed I'm not a fan of, the mirror comes up from the windshield in front of you, partially blocking your view of things. I'd rather see it come down from the tower above, similar to a bu.

Razzman
08-09-2011, 05:27 PM
Who cares what the name is? I mean seriously as long as the boat performs and lives up to the hype who cares? Those who appreciate the boat will recognize it for what it is. I didn't like Mobius on mine when I bought it but the wife threw a fit when I wanted to peel it, still reminds me of The Matrix everytime I see it.

Razzman
08-09-2011, 05:30 PM
Another thing I just noticed I'm not a fan of, the mirror comes up from the windshield in front of you, partially blocking your view of things. I'd rather see it come down from the tower above, similar to a bu.

I like the innovation of coming up with a new twist on the winshield mount mirror. To me the tower mount mirrors for the 'Bu style towers are the ugliest damn things I've ever seen, like a giant skinny giraffe leg hanging out there with a goiter on the end. ;/

bzubke1
08-09-2011, 05:34 PM
I'm still waiting to see some loaded down weight pics.

Razzman
08-09-2011, 05:36 PM
I'm still waiting to see some loaded down weight pics.

Probably won't for awhile, again remember it's a prototype, not production.

cbboarder
08-09-2011, 05:42 PM
The name doesn't bother me and I like the looks. Anyone want to buy 2009 OBV so I can upgrade?

bzubke1
08-09-2011, 05:49 PM
Probably won't for awhile, again remember it's a prototype, not production.

Rick T said Austin Hair loved the wake with 3500lbs on wakeworld. I have to imagine somebody took some pics or video.

Canuckle Head
08-09-2011, 05:51 PM
Quoted at Wakeworld: "I also am really liking the look of the boat except for the helm area. The name has to go tho. Mojo is a horrible name and if I recall the thread from the moomba forum mojo was picked by all the old guys in Florida. " :lol:

Sorry I couldn't help myself.. I am a very bad, bad man!

squeeg333
08-09-2011, 06:04 PM
There were some 'at speed' photos of the wakeboard and the surf wakes on Facebook. The only bummer is they don't have a caption talking about how much weight was in each scenario.

Martin Jr
08-09-2011, 06:12 PM
Actually it was NOT the old guys from Florida that influenced the name...

it was the youngins' at Skiers Choice that insisted Mojo be chosen.

But personally - I'm digging the name

Razzman
08-09-2011, 06:42 PM
Actually it was NOT the old guys from Florida that influenced the name...

it was the youngins' at Skiers Choice that insisted Mojo be chosen.

But personally - I'm digging the name

Heess's baack!

moombadaze
08-09-2011, 07:07 PM
We may have to all go to ATL Marine and have them do a demo day when they get one in.

Road trip--im in

moombadaze
08-09-2011, 07:11 PM
The name is growing on me--heck at first I wasnt so thrilled with "Mobius"

Like the mirror mount-gets it up enough to see under it
Love the snap in carpet
No carpet in the storage lockers--I love it, Im so tired of it taking 3 days to dry the boat out-and thats in a hot garage.

Razzman
08-09-2011, 07:22 PM
Im so tired of it taking 3 days to dry the boat out-and thats in a hot garage.

I'm with ya. I'm actually considering removing the carpet from the lockers and using a rubberized coating instead.

Canuckle Head
08-09-2011, 07:28 PM
More pics:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/262450_10150256126929807_188926164806_7670930_7580 204_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/189269_10150256126949807_188926164806_7670931_3392 176_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/223815_10150256125949807_188926164806_7670903_3904 187_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/253285_10150256126124807_188926164806_7670909_5059 923_n.jpg

moombadaze
08-09-2011, 07:29 PM
I'm with ya. I'm actually considering removing the carpet from the lockers and using a rubberized coating instead.

Been thinking hard about that myself-especially since the carpet has started coming off one side or the rear storage locker-need to reglue or strip it all off. Taking the carpet out would be a major pita.

Canuckle Head
08-09-2011, 07:32 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/283925_10150256126149807_188926164806_7670910_4956 166_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/284150_10150256126179807_188926164806_7670911_5261 614_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/254700_10150256126204807_188926164806_7670912_3987 468_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/254630_10150256126299807_188926164806_7670915_4885 358_n.jpg

moombadaze
08-09-2011, 07:32 PM
wonder if there is room to mount a sub under the helm

Mikey
08-09-2011, 07:41 PM
Personally I like the name. No one seems to have mentioned a lot of similarities i believe to a couple versions of Malibu boats with the diamond cut hull. Seems to be a slight knock off of there hull design. Looks wise there are good and bad points ,but then again this is a prototype?

What is the true nature of this boat? Surf? Wakeboard or maybe even SKI or is this THE NEW ALL Around CROSS OVER?

jester
08-09-2011, 07:55 PM
After looking at the photo's I have to say I really dislike the dash. It might be different in person but to me it looks cheap. There is no lines to it just boxy. It might look and feel different in person and I will have to go and check it out when they get them in.

mmandley
08-09-2011, 08:07 PM
My LSV is a Mobius? hell i forgot that a long time ago. All i refer to the Moomba boats as are Outbacks, LSV and XLV. As for the Mojo? Im out to lunch on this entire boat till i see it in production and in person.

deafgoose
08-09-2011, 08:17 PM
YUK! The Moomba Mojo is by far the ugliest boat on the market.

It looks like it came from the 1990's. No thanks.

ericnel
08-09-2011, 08:40 PM
Anyone notice the shape of the swim platform. Looks pretty interesting to me.

Mobius22
08-09-2011, 09:22 PM
Pretty sure I read earlier that the dash is one of the things being redesigned before production starts.

wolfeman131
08-09-2011, 09:28 PM

that would be the new surf platform

wolfeman131
08-09-2011, 09:29 PM
Pretty sure I read earlier that the dash is one of the things being redesigned before production starts.

you, sir, are correct

ericnel
08-09-2011, 09:45 PM
that would be the new surf platform

I would like to have one of those on my XLV.

jmvotto
08-09-2011, 10:39 PM
you guys are all over analyzing the name. its working because here on fb and ww everyone is talking about it. btw we are ride in a moomba " in the bum" boats. who cares about the name and its meaning. you think wakesetter was a great name, it beat out boardbooter in a close second. lol. i applaud sc for going after what people wanted. like the new towers and the surf dek option. supras got a new steering wheel moomba? hopefully get supra old one. not a fan of the rear seat.

drew get some pics of the xlv gg interior from rick t.

fyi the supra 242 and 22 pics are "da bomb" lol.

you da man
08-09-2011, 10:45 PM
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/283925_10150256126149807_188926164806_7670910_4956 166_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/284150_10150256126179807_188926164806_7670911_5261 614_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/254700_10150256126204807_188926164806_7670912_3987 468_n.jpg
https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-snc6/254630_10150256126299807_188926164806_7670915_4885 358_n.jpg

I'm really liking the interior vinyl pattern and how generous the width of the seat bottoms are BUT what's up with the straight up and down dash/gauges...I know, I know...it's a prototype. Looks like the footwell area stops abruptly and there is a lot of unused space for extra legroom (good air space for a sub though). Where is the center sac access door? Lastly, the platform is cutting into the wake and it's barely loaded with a very small surf wake. I hope SC makes a correction on the platform mounting height. Imagine what the platform is going to do when consumers through 1100lbs sacs back there and people weight. I'm really digging the tower (looks sturdy) and the tines on the racks look like they are coated with a vinyl type covering which is nice for not marking up boards. What's up with the recessed rectangular area on the dash?

Mobius22
08-09-2011, 10:55 PM
Along with the dash being redesigned, I also heard that the swim platform height is also being worked on.

c.rix
08-09-2011, 11:05 PM
well guys went back to see if I could demo the lsv since ive never ridden behind one and It was sold 30 minutes before I got there

salesman said they got the shippment yesterday and sold it in less than 24 hrs

he is contacting the owner to see if its ok we go out with it saturday since its coming back for a stero upgrade

zegm
08-09-2011, 11:20 PM
YUK! The Moomba Mojo is by far the ugliest boat on the market.

It looks like it came from the 1990's. No thanks.

I don't get it either, I second the motion "No thanks."

mk_deuce
08-09-2011, 11:23 PM
Hopefully when they are working on the dash they fine tune the front end. This thing looks like a barge & a deck boat gave birth! Props on the snap out carpet finally. Wonder if its anything like my LSV & is weight sensitive as can be?

P.S. Who gives a $hit what the name is?

Shooter
08-10-2011, 12:10 AM
I'm torn when it comes to the Mojo. Things I like and others......well not so much. I will agree that the pics of the new Supras are great. The new interior is great. Also liking the new Malibu pickle fork.

jpetty3023
08-10-2011, 12:18 AM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and be the odd man (or 2) out, I like the name MoJo. Has a ring to it and a little throw
back for some reason..

yearround
08-10-2011, 01:05 AM
i'll throw out my bit too,
i like: the carpet, the back seat with open, the "playpen" bow, we rarely take the bow filler out, would like a filler for the walk way though, tower is nice, driver seat
need improvement: dash, better windshield lines, maybe some more?

i wouldn't buy one cuz it won't fit in my garage.

gcombe74
08-10-2011, 10:33 AM

yeah... uh I pray that goes by the way side along with the dash design..wow... I think the boat looks like a card board box with a spork on it... can you make any more boxy? just seems like its lost its smooth lines? IMHO. dont care about the name or graphics.. its the lines of the boat that seme to be missing something.

Lawdog
08-10-2011, 10:56 AM
I like the name too. The name Mojo sure sounds alot better than the name A22....I mean seriously what type of person would buy a boat called A22. Does anybody have a list of what the new features are on the boat are supposed to be. I've heard it's 22.5 feet long, not sure if that's true. Snap out carpet. The obvious bow change. When the tower is down it lays lower than the windshield. Anything else? Cant wait to see this thing in full production.

c.rix
08-10-2011, 11:05 AM
I like the name too. The name Mojo sure sounds alot better than the name A22....I mean seriously what type of person would buy a boat called A22. Does anybody have a list of what the new features are on the boat are supposed to be. I've heard it's 22.5 feet long, not sure if that's true. Snap out carpet. The obvious bow change. When the tower is down it lays lower than the windshield. Anything else? Cant wait to see this thing in full production.

the tower on the outback v didn't go lower than the windsheild so I doubt it would on this unless the windsheild is a foot taller than the obv

wolfeman131
08-10-2011, 11:16 AM
Swim platform shown will be a low-cost, optional surf platform. You can still get the "traditional" one.
Boat will be 22ft 6in in length
Yes, snap out carpet - I think this will be Standard, but don't know for certain
Rubber mats in ski lockers - Standard
GI system - Standard
GIII - Optional
Tandem axel trailer - Standard
Wakeplate - Standard
Sony stereo - Standard

ian ashton
08-10-2011, 12:24 PM
If this boat comes to market at $45 they will do well. $50-$60k+ and they are still going to get smoked by Axis.

wolfeman131
08-10-2011, 12:29 PM
If this boat comes to market at $45 they will do well. $50-$60k+ and they are still going to get smoked by Axis.

Not sure on price, but guessing it to be below the XLV. Still looks like a surf-first boat to me, so I'm not sure that I agree that Axis has anything in their lineup that will directly compete. I think the new 21ft Centurion surf machine might be the tougher competiton based on early reviews of that ride. Time will tell.

loudsubz
08-10-2011, 12:29 PM
Not a fan. Glad I am not in the market for a moomba now.

Lawdog
08-10-2011, 01:02 PM
the tower on the outback v didn't go lower than the windsheild so I doubt it would on this unless the windsheild is a foot taller than the obv
Looks like the tower is lower than the windshield but the wakeboard racks still stick up....Not sure if swivel racks would allow them to be lower too though.

lsvboombox
08-10-2011, 02:49 PM
yeah... uh I pray that goes by the way side along with the dash design..wow... I think the boat looks like a card board box with a spork on it... can you make any more boxy? just seems like its lost its smooth lines? IMHO. dont care about the name or graphics.. its the lines of the boat that seme to be missing something.

agree with the square look.... will take sometime to grow on me.....

you da man
08-10-2011, 02:56 PM
Not sure on price, but guessing it to be below the XLV. Still looks like a surf-first boat to me, so I'm not sure that I agree that Axis has anything in their lineup that will directly compete. I think the new 21ft Centurion surf machine might be the tougher competiton based on early reviews of that ride. Time will tell.

I agree, Axis and the Mojo appear to be designed for different duties...Axis is for boarding with Mojo appearing to be for surfing. Both can do the opposite as well. As for the new Centurion, price is going to dictate how well it does. However, I have seen 2 dealerships selling new 2011 Centurion Avalanches for $53k and $54k and those are the surf machines along with the Enzo's. If Centurion can make a low 50-53k surf boat it should do well

saskyrider
08-10-2011, 03:46 PM
don't like the dash, don't mind the surf platform... as long as you can mount a sub in the driver's footwell i'm cool with that to. i could care less about the name... i'd peel the graphics off anyways. looks good. Personally right now i'd take an Axis over the moomba's that are offered. I got to ride in one last week and really liked the wake. I won't be selling mine anytime soon!! unless someone offered me outrageous money for it.....

sandm
08-10-2011, 04:37 PM
gone on record and hate the name, but as mentioned, it can peel off. always hated the MB B52V23 as well. too many letters/numbers.

there are a lot of things I like about this boat:
tower looks great
front pickle fork
seating
swim platform
snap out carpet
rubber in the ballast compartments

There are also several things that I don't like:
area under the rear seat
dash
name

but I'll hold off until we get pics of the actual "for sale" unit and see what they finally release. I hope that it's destin to be a surfboat first and wakeboard second. there is a market for that, but like mentioned, pricing will dictate it's ability to sell.
dealers here are selling a 23ft centurion avy for 52kotd(not loaded, but not stripped) and new mb v23 or 21tomcat for $49k otd well equipped. would be interesting to see a 21ft centurion surfboat. would think it might retail for the upper40's with an avy at 52?

wolfeman131
08-10-2011, 05:02 PM
would be interesting to see a 21ft centurion surfboat. would think it might retail for the upper40's with an avy at 52?

here ya go:

http://wakeboardingmag.com/boats/2011/07/22/centurion-enzo-sv-211-2012/

initial reports is that it has a great surf wave

lsvboombox
08-10-2011, 05:16 PM
here ya go:

http://wakeboardingmag.com/boats/2011/07/22/centurion-enzo-sv-211-2012/

initial reports is that it has a great surf wave

the cockpit on that centurian is sweet

wolfeman131
08-10-2011, 05:20 PM
there is a youtube video out there where ragboy from wake9 is checking out the 2012 lineup @ CalMarine and it is stated that the 1,200 lbs of ballast can be filled in 2-3 mins (if I remember correctly).

Canuckle Head
08-10-2011, 05:35 PM
That boat is absolutely beautiful but at 4200lbs dry weight I would also be looking at a new tow rig.

mnpracing
08-10-2011, 05:56 PM
I have to say the pics and specs of that Centurion look more appealing than the Mojo. I wonder what makes the Centurion 20+ footer so much heavier than the comparable Moomba? Is it thicker, more heavy duty building (thicker glass, more reinforcements, etc)? The heavier boat appeals to me more because that means less ballast needed (assuming the trailer is built accordingly to support the weight). It's a mini Enzo...but still 4,200 lbs and 30" draft, vs the SV233 at 4,400lbs...interesting.

Canuckle Head
08-10-2011, 06:16 PM
Yes, the fit and finish on that boat looks top notch.

rdlangston13
08-10-2011, 11:12 PM
Mojo, HATE the name, can't express my disappointment in this aspect enough. That being said the front end needs some refinement, I would hate to see a copy of all the other pickle forks but this one could use a slight redesign. I would hate to hear for certain that this is a surf specific boat, to mean the market for that is too small but i may be wrong. I know all the old dudes in florida love the name mojo and want a surf boat but lets face it, MOST people only surf because they older and are tired of falling while boarding.

Ok so things I like,
Snap out carpet,
Additional Space in bow
tower
glove box looks bigger

Things I dont like,
helm, the whole area. trash it and start fresh
rear bench seat, looks like you cant pull it forward and sit facing backwards anymore
exterior bow design looks goofy
the name, dear God the name
platform height it too low

things i hope it has
hard tank ballast with a pnp option
all switches including ballast on the dash easy to reach
speed based cruise that does not turn off when the engine is killed
more throaty sounding mufflers
no carpet at all in any of the storage areas, seadeck would be awesome in these areas!
prewired tower for adding speakers
full sized amp board on port side for adding amps
water and air temp gauges

all in all if i were going to buy a boat and had to pick between this and a new Axis i would be in an Axis.

RickT
08-10-2011, 11:45 PM
While the Mojo does have a great surf wake ..... The boat is not designed to be a surf specific product. I think you will equally like it's Wakeboarding characteristics. At least, I hope so!!! Ha

rdlangston13
08-10-2011, 11:47 PM
While the Mojo does have a great surf wake ..... The boat is not designed to be a surf specific product. I think you will equally like it's Wakeboarding characteristics. At least, I hope so!!! Ha

That is good to hear Rick! I went to Rinker Boat world this weekend with my dad who wants to buy a new boat now. We were looking at a gorgeous 2011 Supra 22V and the owner of the store offered me a job selling boats... That would be a fun gig to do part time on my days off

RickT
08-10-2011, 11:59 PM
Wow. That would be great. Chris Rinker is a great guy. Hope you come on board!

Razzman
08-11-2011, 01:22 AM
Mojo, HATE the name, can't express my disappointment in this aspect enough. That being said the front end needs some refinement, I would hate to see a copy of all the other pickle forks but this one could use a slight redesign. I would hate to hear for certain that this is a surf specific boat, to mean the market for that is too small but i may be wrong. I know all the old dudes in florida love the name mojo and want a surf boat but lets face it, MOST people only surf because they older and are tired of falling while boarding.

Ok so things I like,
Snap out carpet,
Additional Space in bow
tower
glove box looks bigger

Things I dont like,
helm, the whole area. trash it and start fresh
rear bench seat, looks like you cant pull it forward and sit facing backwards anymore
exterior bow design looks goofy
the name, dear God the name
platform height it too low

things i hope it has
hard tank ballast with a pnp option
all switches including ballast on the dash easy to reach
speed based cruise that does not turn off when the engine is killed
more throaty sounding mufflers
no carpet at all in any of the storage areas, seadeck would be awesome in these areas!
prewired tower for adding speakers
full sized amp board on port side for adding amps
water and air temp gauges

all in all if i were going to buy a boat and had to pick between this and a new Axis i would be in an Axis.

Like I said the name i could care less about. The nose does need some attention. I agree the dash has a throwback look to me, the straight empty starboard side besides the drivers seat doesn't help out either. Temp gauges can be accomplished by installing a Faria depth gauge, could care less about the back seat moving forward, never used that feature in four seasons yet. My bad, used it for a table a couple of times! Seriously doubt you'll ever see throaty mufflers, the EPA and consumers want quiet. Platform height is speculation, until someone actually rides in one of these who knows? Raise it too much and a ladder will be needed. And I can honestly say I would never buy an Axis no matter what, they are just plain fugly to me.

rdlangston13
08-11-2011, 01:35 AM
Seriously doubt you'll ever see throaty mufflers, the EPA and consumers want quiet.

you can generate a throaty tone without being loud. ever heard a stock escalade exhuast with a 6.2?

Razzman
08-11-2011, 01:48 AM
Can't say that I have, but then I don't care for Escalades either so I've never paid attention.

mmandley
08-11-2011, 04:09 AM
I cant see how this boat will be less the 60K. I mean lets look at the LSV its a 55K boat now and this is a larger boat, so its going to be closer the XLV price range just the same as the OBV is to the LSV.

As for exhaust notes i cant even hear my exhaust when were driving my stereo is way louder. I am actualy goingt o put a FAE on my boat, i have it just havnt had the time to mount it up. I love the sound of the exhaust but it seems the more hours i put on the boat the worse the exhaust fumes are getting.

@ RD as for Surfing its much larger then you think, its not the old guys or the guys that cant wake board that are into it, its everyone really. You physically can only take so much wakeboarding, the stress on the upper body and the force of the boat pulling you. After all take a couple sets of wake boarding we surf, as this doesnt require as much exerusion to do. I love both sports and while im not great at eighter im not ready to trade 1 for the other.

sandm
08-11-2011, 05:59 AM
I would not ever call surfing an old mans sport. I took both my old roommates this year. Both are mid 20's and both loved it as much or more than boarding. Said it wasnt as hard on the body.
Dont ever make the boats louder :). Id rather listen to music or my peeps than the drone of a boat motor....
Hope its not up into the high-50's. That will be a tough sell imo

sandm
08-11-2011, 08:23 AM
I read the link to the centurion. brought back some memories.
when I was looking to buy a boat back in '07, centurion had the enzo 23 and 24, but also had that same boat. It was billed as an enzo, but when the salesman was pressed, he showed the differences in the true enzo hull and the sv211 hull. it was built more for boarding and said that it was not a good boat to surf. it did not have the same hull characteristics as the larger enzo's and was lacking all the ballast tanks and the ability to hold the surfbag that the enzo is famous for.
In the article it lists it's wakeboarding creds. I wonder if it employs the same hull design that the enzo has or if it's still a different hull.

one thing I hated about wakeboarding mag was their inability to rate the boats objectively. it was all about sponsorship $$ and seemed that when the annual boat buyers guide came out, every boat was a superstar. wish there was an objective, independent panel that rated the boats on real world usage..

rdlangston13
08-11-2011, 11:41 AM
@ RD as for Surfing its much larger then you think, its not the old guys or the guys that cant wake board that are into it, its everyone really. You physically can only take so much wakeboarding, the stress on the upper body and the force of the boat pulling you. After all take a couple sets of wake boarding we surf, as this doesnt require as much exerusion to do. I love both sports and while im not great at eighter im not ready to trade 1 for the other.

im not saying that only old guys surf but precisely what you said, "after a couple of sets of wakeboarding" its like a side dish and wake boarding is the main entree. i surf and enjoy it too but wake boarding is way more fun IMO. most people i know only surf when A they are tired, or B the water sucks to much to board. I think a wakeboard SPECIFIC BOAT that happens to through a good surf wake will do better than the inverse

Canuckle Head
08-11-2011, 11:57 AM
I read the link to the centurion. brought back some memories.
when I was looking to buy a boat back in '07, centurion had the enzo 23 and 24, but also had that same boat. It was billed as an enzo, but when the salesman was pressed, he showed the differences in the true enzo hull and the sv211 hull. it was built more for boarding and said that it was not a good boat to surf. it did not have the same hull characteristics as the larger enzo's and was lacking all the ballast tanks and the ability to hold the surfbag that the enzo is famous for.
In the article it lists it's wakeboarding creds. I wonder if it employs the same hull design that the enzo has or if it's still a different hull.

one thing I hated about wakeboarding mag was their inability to rate the boats objectively. it was all about sponsorship $$ and seemed that when the annual boat buyers guide came out, every boat was a superstar. wish there was an objective, independent panel that rated the boats on real world usage..

Did you actually try surfing behind it? When I first got my Outback V some dips--t at the launch told me that I would never be able to produce a good surf wave behind it. This coming from a guy who didn't even own a V-Drive. When I asked him why he thought this he said that a saleman at a Malibu Dealership had told him so.

Is the 2011 SV211 Hull the same as the 07?

sandm
08-11-2011, 02:45 PM
never tried. at the time, the dealer wanted north of 65k for that boat. it sat for over a year. issue with it was it said enzo and it wasn't the same hull as the 23/24, so if you went in and were looking for the enzo hull, it was not.
if you wanted a surf-specific boat, the 23/24 were not that much more, and it's somewhat a non-issue when you get up into that kind of coin(7k when I was looking), and if you were shopping based on length, there were much better values out there, so it was a funny niche boat that didn't do well here. dealer here said they would not order another one, and I have never seen one show up again.

centurion is a dead brand here. dealer that sells them also carries mastercraft(had one order since last fall), nautique(picked this line up last year and has not had a boat on the floor yet) and mb. they picked up mb in January and that appears to be all they are ordering and selling as they have 2 models at $49k otd. one avy23 they ordered last fall at 52k and it's still there.