PDA

View Full Version : It was bound to happen!

Razzman
08-09-2011, 11:35 AM
I've been saying ever since large sound systems started showing on wakeboats that if common sense and restraint wern't used that the wake community was going to pay the price. Well it finally has here in a big way. A local county which unfortunately encompasses five of the best NorCal lakes has imposed sound restrictions.

Many predicted the same but it fell on deaf ears with the likes of "I'll do what I want", "Nobodies telling me what to do" or my fav, "F-'em!". That's great dumbasses, playing their obcene rap extremely loud around family campgrounds, beneath lakeshore homes and well after quiet hours has imposed a 100' sound ordinance and they are enforcing! The ramp used to be a disaster of amped sounds, some good, some bad. This last weekend it was extremely quiet there. Of course the sheriffs at the top of the ramp and in the water made sure of that. Never saw a sheriff where we were camping and boarding but then we were away from population too.

Now remember, California is extremely liberal and it's generally hard to get things like this passed here. I guess the populace has had enough and if it's happened here it can happen anywhere!

kaneboats
08-09-2011, 11:45 AM
This is a good example of "if you don't know any better somebody is going to have to tell you". I'm going to cool it even more in our basin/park/ramp area where I'm usually pretty quiet anyway. Thanks for sharing this. Maybe we can head it off in our areas.

ian ashton
08-09-2011, 12:48 PM
That's a shame; we have a lot of douchebags that blare obscene music on the towers too; I watch what I play for vulgarity. Just got a compliment from a pair of kayakers yesterday "You play the best music on the lake!" usually stick to classic rock.

DOCDRS
08-09-2011, 06:25 PM
Wow 100 ft. Goodbye tower speakers.

bergermaister
08-09-2011, 06:31 PM
usually stick to classic rock Amen to that. Too many kids or older folks on the water for all the obscene crap.

I've never had complaints for pumping out some Steve Miller Band, Sweet Home Alabama, etc. I've got a load of heavy/explicit playlist material, but there's a time and place for that. And I don't consider myself to be THAT old... :p

you da man
08-09-2011, 06:33 PM
Lake Austin here in Texas has had a noise ordinance for a couple/few years now and they too enforce it. They also enforce exhaust noise levels. Are the lake police going to measure with a decibel meter or what? You can here a cell phone ring 100' away. However, even though I'm partial to loud HLCD speakers...I do respect the beach areas and that not everyone doesn't like my music, but i don't play the vulgar stuff.

squeeg333
08-09-2011, 06:35 PM
I think this just comes down to people having respect for others out on the water. We're all out there to have a good time - but I don't care what a guys playlist is whose halfway up the lake, you know? I like me some tunes, and I like them to be louder than probably necessary, but you gotta be respecful to others who may not care to listen to what you like to listen to.

Razzman
08-09-2011, 06:40 PM
So far i've had no issues, but then I only play my towers when actually pulling a boarder or such, not just sitting and blasting for the hell of it. It seems the sheriffs are singleing out those that impose their music for the whole world to hear in the populated areas for the citations. At my lake that was definately the ramp/very large five zone that's sorrounded by the campgrounds on two sides as well as the marinas. If I want loud music I go off somewhere secluded with the other boats in our group and turn up the cabins.

These morons that are ruining it for everyone else know what they are doing, they just don't care! The lake tried last year posting no amped music at the ramp and 5 but nobody payed attention so here it is! If any of you guys have idiots like that you should try and educate them before it's too late and your lakes end up like this!

mmandley
08-09-2011, 08:13 PM
So far i've had no issues, but then I only play my towers when actually pulling a boarder or such, not just sitting and blasting for the hell of it. It seems the sheriffs are singleing out those that impose their music for the whole world to hear in the populated areas for the citations. At my lake that was definately the ramp/very large five zone that's sorrounded by the campgrounds on two sides as well as the marinas. If I want loud music I go off somewhere secluded with the other boats in our group and turn up the cabins.

These morons that are ruining it for everyone else know what they are doing, they just don't care! The lake tried last year posting no amped music at the ramp and 5 but nobody payed attention so here it is! If any of you guys have idiots like that you should try and educate them before it's too late and your lakes end up like this!

Im the same way Raz we never play the tower near the docks and generaly only crank the tower then a boarder is going. This past weekend at Lake Billy Chinook we played a ton of country because we had my buddies aunt and uncle in the boat and they loved it cranked up. At the Marina dock when we bought fuel we had a guy come ask us about the tower and thoughts about it. He wanted us to crank it up but i only played him a decent respectable volume. I said you want to really hear it let me fill the tank and we can cruise out to open water.

BensonWdby
08-10-2011, 08:07 AM
Wake enhancing devices may be next...

mmandley
08-10-2011, 09:44 AM
Wake enhancing devices may be next...

We already have that in plenty sections and flat out no wake now in sections we used to be able to wake in.

loudsubz
08-10-2011, 12:23 PM
Had a couple complaints from our neighbours in our bay about loud noise levels coming from the boats nearby. We don't normally play ours too loud but there is some other boats that do. We went over to the people cottage who put in the complaint and appologized and agreed with what they were on about. We don't want to make enemies but rather have a nice relationship with others on the water.

With that said I knew it was bound to happen after seeing all these setups with 4 or more HLCD's mounted...at that point I think its getting a little out of hand and not really needed.

byrdrobert1
08-10-2011, 07:40 PM
I play mine mainly when we are pulling a boarder but I have been jerked around about it. I just do not go back that area again. I stop staying at the campground, I stop buying fuel from the stores, I stop going to restaurants, and go were I not jerked around. I vote with my dollars-Again I play respectful music.

loudsubz
08-10-2011, 10:06 PM
I dont think it has much to do with the music as it does playing music at those levels in general. Some people just want to sit on the dock and listen to the kids playing and waves splashing...not some boat blasting music...no matter what they play.

rdlangston13
08-10-2011, 10:21 PM
we have an island with a beach where we like to park and hangout and everyone plays music there. i try not to turn it up too loud and since there is usually always kids around i try to keepthe vulgarity to a minimum. sometimes people i am with complain when i change a vulgar song that they want to hear but i like to be considerate. especailly in an area when i have pretty much the only wakeboat, my sound system can very easily be over powering