PDA

View Full Version : lsv, supra 21v or supra 22ssv?

jmvotto
07-27-2011, 10:38 PM
since we are waiting for the new model on sunday. thoughts and opinions within the family. heard enough on the a22.

brain_rinse
07-27-2011, 10:45 PM
LOL! I love my LSV and I know you'd love one too! I've always really liked the super deep 21v with the playpen and all that underseat storage. The wake is a little vertical, so that maybe be a selling point or point you elsewhere. The 22v would be a great step up from the LSV but you're gonna pay for it. Very cool boat all around though.

I'm not helping but they are all boats that should be on your short list IMO.

jmvotto
07-27-2011, 10:58 PM
LOL! I love my LSV and I know you'd love one too! I've always really liked the super deep 21v with the playpen and all that underseat storage. The wake is a little vertical, so that maybe be a selling point or point you elsewhere. The 22v would be a great step up from the LSV but you're gonna pay for it. Very cool boat all around though.

I'm not helping but they are all boats that should be on your short list IMO.

no but i wanted some supra owners opinions since that site has lower activity. i really like the sc products and looks. looked at bu. nautige. mc tige. etc. dollar for dollar i like sc stuff. kinda like honda vs toyota. i like the looks of the honda cars better. though we drive a suburban and a yukon. lol

brain_rinse
07-27-2011, 11:07 PM
Agree completely

rdlangston13
07-27-2011, 11:08 PM
I REALLY like the supra 22v. i think the size is perfect and it doesnt dip as low in the front as the 242. if only i had an unlimited cash flow!

jmvotto
07-27-2011, 11:11 PM
I REALLY like the supra 22v. i think the size is perfect and it doesnt dip as low in the front as the 242. if only i had an unlimited cash flow!

i heard that what the sc riders like to ride. my skills on a board are just fine with my unloaded obv. but i would love the bigger size.

cab13367
07-27-2011, 11:18 PM
Joe,

If you are looking at new then you have to wait and see what the new Moomba looks like. That could very well be your new boat.

So why you looking for a new boat? Just want a little more room?

scoot_gt
07-27-2011, 11:21 PM
...but i would love the bigger size.

JV, I went from an 06 OutbackV to a 10 LSV. Reading the size difference on paper does no justice for how much bigger everything seems on the LSV - seating, storage, wake, etc.

If they hadn't decreased the size of the OutbackV, I very well could have bought another one in 2010... I am glad now that I up-sized.

jmvotto
07-28-2011, 09:13 AM
Joe,

If you are looking at new then you have to wait and see what the new Moomba looks like. That could very well be your new boat.

So why you looking for a new boat? Just want a little more room?

yes, a little more free board and comfort. I love our boat but the wife would feel more comfomy with our active two year on a larger boat.

happy wife means more on water time.:D

now i have the 21 v stuck in my head, we we so close and then poof, gone right from under us.:shock:

i do want to see the new one.

STANG KILLA SS
07-28-2011, 11:51 AM
when i was buying my '11 LSV
i used the boat builder on moomba and supra, i built them as identical as i possibly could. using the launch 21 i believe, with identical options (close as i could get) and the supra was nearly exactly $20,000 more. was not worth it (to me)

KSmith
07-28-2011, 12:05 PM
I looked at a wicked Supra 21V when I was shopping... LOVED the boat, the 20+K higher price tag was an issue. As wonderful as the 21V was with most of the bells and whistles, I just couldn't justify to myself (or the wife) the extra 20+K...

I wold have one in a heart beat if I get the winning lotto ticket, but until then I'm good...

unless of course these new Moombas are something I can't exist without ;-)

DOCDRS
07-28-2011, 12:10 PM
I can only speak for the 21V. I have scared my kids many times heading into my surf roller as they were used to the tsunamis rolling in on my old outback but I have yet to have any water over the bow on my 21V. I basically don't worry about them any more :). The wake is steep and massive and at 21'4 the boat looks and feels way bigger. I like the look of the other supras as well but know eventually rollers will be coming over the bow even maybe with me driving

pickle311
07-28-2011, 01:49 PM
I'm not a fan of the SSV wake. I rode behind one once and the wake had a violent pop for me. You really had to charge in a lot harder to get wake to wake because it throws you straight up. We were riding with stock ballast. I had an Outback at the time so it was a huge difference going from that mellow wake to a vertical wall. I have an LSV now and like the wake a lot better.
I love the Supra boats though, my only complaint about the actual boat was the board racks. I think this was the first year Supra used the swivel racks and they were loose. While cruising that would rattle and beat all around, it was very annoying and the boat owner thought so too.

skiyaker
07-28-2011, 05:44 PM
those of you who have driven an OBV and an LSV tell me how much difference there is in how the boat handles- after driving a supra launch 24 SSV I know I never want to own a boat that big, and after driving my friends Tige Z1 I know I never want a boat that sluggish. Mine accelerates and turns like a sports car compared to those.

jmvotto
07-28-2011, 10:10 PM
when i was buying my '11 LSV
i used the boat builder on moomba and supra, i built them as identical as i possibly could. using the launch 21 i believe, with identical options (close as i could get) and the supra was nearly exactly $20,000 more. was not worth it (to me)

ouch. not worth 20k to me either,

KG's Supra24
07-28-2011, 10:13 PM
Wow, i had no idea they listed that much higher.

The 21v is the only skiers boat ive seen consistently keep a real clean wakeboard wake. Peronally i would pick the 22ssv, mostly bc of of looks. I'm not on a chooppy lake and love the save the ssv's sit. the 21v is too nose high for me.