PDA

View Full Version : Ballast bag = air bag?

b66cf
07-27-2011, 08:33 AM
On my 07 LSV, stock gravity 3 ballast, when I fill the center bag, it fills more with air than water, and starts pushing open the ski locker door well before it is filled. Kinda like a balloon... Is there a way to bleed the air out and let the bag fill 100% with water instead of what feels like half air/half water?

I'm sure there is a simple solution for this, but I have yet to figure it out.

bzubke1
07-27-2011, 10:02 AM
If you trailer you're boat like I do just remember to unclip the fill line from the ski locker bag before you leave the ramp. I do this every time now and it stays completely flat, if I forget it fills with air like a balloon. I thought about venting the bag but this is much easier.

rdlangston13
07-27-2011, 08:10 PM
you can also close the thru hull ball valve

moombadaze
07-27-2011, 08:11 PM
or put a cork in the drain thru hull when towing on the side of the boat-thats where the air gets in at

mnpracing
07-27-2011, 10:08 PM
if you have a third port on your bag, I'd put in a vent line. Some of the stock center bags don't come with a third port though.

mmandley
07-28-2011, 09:02 AM
I had this problem in 09 when we got the boat, most of the air does come threw the drain port. The best solution is if you have the 3 plug in the bag vent the top plug back down to the drain line and T it together. It will then push the air out the drain side till its full of water.

I tried taping the drain hole, i even put a valve in it.

The second issue is then the turn the bag on the line from the Solinoid at the rear of the boat to the bag has a lot of air in it and will pump all that air right into the bag.

Venting it is the only real cure.

You can also get a 1 way check valve threw WakeMakers for the drain and then air cant come threw the drain port.

dusty2221
07-28-2011, 09:44 AM
I unplug the fill line on my bags generally. They stay flat, just like bzubke said.