PDA

View Full Version : 07 Outback V check engine light issues.

csumabat
07-25-2011, 10:23 PM
My check engine light came on after I had a dead or dying battery a couple of weeks ago and now i installed a new battery but my check engine light won't turn off. All other gauges appear to be in the normal range.
Is there a way to reset this light or is there a way to check what error code it's throwing. I heard there's an OBD connector somewhere by the ECM but I'm not sure how that looks like. Can anyone help?

jmvotto
07-25-2011, 10:32 PM
it should go away after a few engine cycles. if not there is another issue. it worked fkr me on mine. same issue.

csumabat
07-25-2011, 11:04 PM
JMVOTTO - Thanks for the reply. I hope that's going to be the case.
You said yours just went away. Do you recall how many cycles?
I've had it on the lake twice now since the dead battery issue with the check engine light and no change.

Thanks,
csumabat

myster
07-26-2011, 07:40 AM
This issue just keeps comin back.....mine came on a 100 hrs ago, obviously lots of engine cycles since and it's still on. The boat runs flawlessly! I was concerned for a while but no more. If the dealer was close by I probably would have taken it in and had it reset, however 4 hours is too far and all is well anyway. Maybe yours will go off with some engine cycles, maybe not. Keep an eye on things and enjoy your boat!!!:)

jmvotto
07-26-2011, 08:45 AM
JMVOTTO - Thanks for the reply. I hope that's going to be the case.
You said yours just went away. Do you recall how many cycles?
I've had it on the lake twice now since the dead battery issue with the check engine light and no change.

Thanks,
csumabat

i think it was four or five, had the dealer computer check it at the end of the first season, no issues

myster
07-26-2011, 12:23 PM
Mine came on after I had the dealer winterize it after the first summer, it seems that no amount of fully charged battery engine cycles will make it go out. Does anyone from SC monitoor this site?? If so, a little more insight would be nice, maybe a list of conditions that will cause the light to come on!! how to reset it w/o taking it to the dealer!! just sayin!

zegm
07-26-2011, 12:37 PM
My check engine light came on after I had a dead or dying battery a couple of weeks ago and now i installed a new battery but my check engine light won't turn off. All other gauges appear to be in the normal range.
Is there a way to reset this light or is there a way to check what error code it's throwing. I heard there's an OBD connector somewhere by the ECM but I'm not sure how that looks like. Can anyone help?

Hey does anyone know if the engine has the OBDII software??? That would be great if it did since code readers are readily available (and I happen to have one). I hope this is true and it might be since it would have been costly for GM to write a different package just for a marine engine. Now I am going to have to look for this "plug"!
I say this because saturday out of the blue I pressed the throttle forward and nothing happened. It would go into gear but no throttle. I shut the engine down and restarted it and the throttle was working but yep the dreaded engine light was NOW on (after everything was working, not before when it wasn't) and so we took her home for the day.

DOCDRS
07-26-2011, 12:50 PM
They are MEFI V I believe marine electronic fuel injection. Its a dif plug in then ODBII. And a reader is about 500. I'm wanting a groupo buy on this. It would pay for itself after one use.

DOCDRS
07-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Cycle the ignition on off on off on then pump the throttle all the way forward 3 times and it should do the trick. ;)

viking
07-26-2011, 05:32 PM
Cycle the ignition on off on off on then pump the throttle all the way forward 3 times and it should do the trick. ;)

Now where did u happen to find that? :)

myster
07-26-2011, 11:27 PM
he's pullin yer pisser :)