PDA

View Full Version : Wetsounds or Exile Tower Speakers

ericnel
07-25-2011, 02:18 PM
I am thinking about replacing my current tower speakers with a Wetsounds Double up and was wondering if I should have a look at Exile speakers as well. What are the advantage to WS vs Exile?

Thanks,
Eric

skylar18
07-25-2011, 02:38 PM
I recommend going to wakeworld.com and doing a search.

There are many, many threads discussing the advantages and disadvantages of the different tower speakers.

You will find very passionate arguments for both.

cab13367
07-25-2011, 02:38 PM
I am thinking about replacing my current tower speakers with a Wetsounds Double up and was wondering if I should have a look at Exile speakers as well. What are the advantage to WS vs Exile?

Thanks,
Eric

Yes, you should definitely look at Exiles as well. One specific advantage they have over WS is that their speakers have a patented quick release mechanism that allows the speakers to rotate 360 degrees as well as being able to remove them in seconds without any tools to stow them for towing or security reasons.

I have four of their SXT65's and love 'em. I don't have any experience with WS so can't comment on them.

Al

kaneboats
07-25-2011, 02:45 PM
I have a pair of the SXT65's. Best speakers I have ever owned.

lsvboombox
07-25-2011, 02:57 PM
One specific advantage they have over WS is that their speakers have a patented quick release mechanism that allows the speakers to rotate 360 degrees as well as being able to remove them in seconds without any tools to stow them for towing or security reasons.

wetsounds can rotate 360, but no quick release...

brain_rinse
07-25-2011, 03:10 PM
I love my Exile tower speakers! I have never liked the sound of HLCDs (wetsounds included) so the SXT65s were a perfect match for me. People on the lake ask me about my system all the time. Most are surprised how the the tower speakers can be so loud yet still sound so good.

I have not yet heard the new Wetsounds Rev series so I can't comment on those first-hand.

bzubke1
07-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Check out the bullet hollowpoints too. They are another HLCD tower speaker. I have a wetsounds sub and when I had some questions about what size box I should use and amp selection, they always got back to me within an hour of me sending the e-mail. I had great experience with both wetsounds and bullet customer service.

moombadaze
07-25-2011, 03:13 PM
Another fan of the Exiles here. But keep in mind Ive never heard the others that I know of, well except for some red LSV on lake lanier a couple years ago--whatever that guy had was loud-really loud and just obnoxius.

morgan040
07-25-2011, 05:16 PM
I would go with exile ALL the way, My experience with them is unreal. They stand behind there products 150%, will help with any questions, they have the XM7s if you like loud horn speakers and the SXT65 if you like the Sound quality but not quite as loud. I would recomend getting a hybrid (mix of XM7s and SXT65's)

Also Exile makes the speakers for Samson so check them out www.samsonsports.com They also have top notch Customer Service, (They drove 100 miles to my house to fix a loose connection) FOR FREE!!!!!

You will be happy either way you go but Customer Service has sold me to Exile and Samson.

moombadaze
07-25-2011, 05:20 PM
Second that, called Exile to ask about something and Brian answered the call, and got me taken care off. Much thanks to him for that.

Brianinpdx
07-25-2011, 07:08 PM
Eric - Good speaking with you today. As I mentioned on the phone, it's not all about the brand. My take is both Exile and WS make great gear. We do a little better warranty than they, but then again they've been doing it longer than us. Don't think you can go wrong either route. If you choose the Exile route, we'll design your equipment selection so it's tailored to YOUR riding style and with your future stereo needs in mind.

But if you do come down the Exile path, I'll wanna hear it with my own ears next time I'm in town!

-Brian
Exile Audio

EarmarkMarine
07-25-2011, 09:17 PM
Ericnel,
Pertaining to the comments made by CAB11367 and LSVBOOMBOX, with the new Wetsounds REV speakers you can have both swivel and quick release. Release one locking bolt only and you don't have to remove the speaker to rotate it. So Exile does not hold that lone distinction anymore. Wetsounds gives you the option now of both fixed or swivel/quick-release collars where all wiring is concealed within the collar. And Wetsounds provides the ability to also run concealed LED light wires including 4-conductors for RGB lights. All that changed some months ago.
Wetsounds has two new REV models including a Rev8 8-inch HLCD and the Rev10 10-inch HLCD. These are much smoother speakers that have the power to project at wake range but are also very pleasing to listen to at near proximity...yes, from one speaker that does both jobs very well. You should read the Wetsounds REV reviews on Wakeworld. And you should definitely audition the new REVs.
Exile makes a great product also, particularly the new XM9 8-inch HLCD.

David
Earmark Marine

ericnel
07-26-2011, 11:57 AM
Thanks for all the feedback. I have some thinking to do.

saskyrider
08-10-2011, 10:48 AM
another vote for Exile... Brian was great in helping me out and i've got 4 sxt65's on the tower and sx65's in cabin. love the sound!!

Geoff

Brianinpdx
08-10-2011, 05:01 PM
Morgan - aint this your boat all blinged out?

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k491/brianinpdx/D7K_8288-1.jpg

And I came across this video of your secret shopping on a boat two doors down. (he's the guy all tatted)

http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k491/brianinpdx/?action=view&current=D7K_8290-1.mp4

-Brian
Exile

bbuhtz
08-11-2011, 03:12 PM
Morgan - aint this your boat all blinged out?

http://i1112.photobucket.com/albums/k491/brianinpdx/D7K_8288-1.jpg

And I came across this video of your secret shopping on a boat two doors down. (he's the guy all tatted)

http://s1112.photobucket.com/albums/k491/brianinpdx/?action=view¤t=D7K_8290-1.mp4

-Brian
Exile

Where are all the pictures from Lake Sammamish Brian?

Brianinpdx
08-11-2011, 08:53 PM
Here's a few off my camera... rated G/PG

http://www.wakeworld.com/forum/showthread.php?t=789239

-Brian

Fman
08-14-2011, 06:28 PM
I have been running the Wetsounds Revolution 10 series on my VLX this summer, they are awesome... I am running a pair of them and not only do thye have crystal clear highs, but the mid-bass is amazing... they are a big step up from the Pro 80 series. Two of them riding at 80 feet are incredibly nice, they rock the water and will make your ears bleed..... incredible speaker.

Have not heard the Exiles, but from the posts on here they seem to be popular.

Clamcakes
09-07-2011, 09:42 PM
I can say the Rev10s sound amazing. I was in Earmark last friday and listened to the Rev8s and Rev10s and you wouldnt believe the SQ of the Rev series. I went in to listen to the Kicker 6500.2 setup that Earmark has setup in their showroom. The Kickers sounded good, but when they turned on the Rev8s and Rev10s I was completely blown away by the midbass and the clarity of the HLCDs. I made up my mind and will be getting a set of the Rev10s. If anybody is on the fence about what type of tower speakers to get and you live in the DFW area, take a trip to Earmark in Lewisville and listen to the setup.