PDA

View Full Version : Well that just sucks!

Razzman
07-24-2011, 12:29 PM
We had planned a day on the lake yesterday. The boat was ready, gear staged in the garage ready to load, boat and truck full of gas. All we had to do was pull the boat in the AM from under cover and after a 15 minute load session we's be gone. Yup it was going to a be glorius day on the lake, clear, calm and 95 predicted! :D

7am we pulled out the boat and parked it in the driveway and just as I was going to pull the cover off my wife says to me "why is there oil where the boat was parked?". I told here it's probably dog pee as both my mini dachshunds seem to have to pee under the boat for some reason.

"Nope, it's oil, come look", so to humor her I go back and look and sure as hell it's oil! Stumped I'm trying to figure it out then I remember the oil bath hubs! Oh crap i'm thinking as I walk around the trailer, nothing. I crawl underneath and sure enough the left front seal is oozing oil all over the tire! Awe geez! Can't see the oil level in those useless plastic windows so I go to remove the set screw and it won't budge! We talked for a minute and decided it's a no-go for the day. This had to be addressed right away though ... continued in the Service and Repair section.

bergermaister
07-24-2011, 12:35 PM
That's about enough to make a grown man cry... :(

moombadaze
07-24-2011, 02:51 PM
At least you found it out at home and not on the road