PDA

View Full Version : Who's your favorite skier?

skiyaker
07-24-2011, 09:16 AM
Thomas Degasperi just won the waterski world championship in slalom which made me wonder- do you guys follow pro skiing? If so who is your favorite pro skier. I should probably say Nate Smith since he's a local boy, but I haven't seen him ski much. I would probably say Marcus Brown- I really like his style.

Wish I could attend the Malibu Open but I'll be heading to Norris Lake to do my own skiing!

deerfield
07-24-2011, 10:48 AM
Deena Brush. Before marrying Andy Mapple, she dated Lucky Lowe. In 1983 I spent half a day skiing with Deena and Lucky. She was something else.

BensonWdby
07-24-2011, 02:51 PM
I would say - two - 1. Whoever has the current world record - and 2. Andy Mapple.

I mean you have to like the best skier in the world - Parrish right now I think. And Andy - his lifetime accomplishments to the sport and records are outstanding.

Reese350
07-24-2011, 08:13 PM
Nate Smith and Cale Burdick. Both awesome pro skiers from the midwest.

eseebeck
07-24-2011, 11:23 PM
Wade Cox, spent a day with him in Northern Michigan, great guy to hang out with. Acted like we had been friends forever.

BensonWdby
07-25-2011, 01:04 AM
I agree - Wade is pretty cool. I have had an opportunity to spend a couple days training with him.

usaski1
07-25-2011, 08:19 AM
Krista from Ballofspray.com ;-)

Martin Jr
07-25-2011, 09:42 AM
I must admit, my favorite slalom skier is not a pro.

It's my brother in law. Great guy, always buys the beer and he has the skill to compete.

My 2nd favotite slalom skiers would be the French ladies that coach at the Swiss Ski School :)

Deerfield, met Lucky Lowes wife a few years back. She was a marketing rep for USA Waterski and she supplied a ton of swag for the 1st Florida Owners Reunion. Lovely woman.

skiyaker
07-25-2011, 01:03 PM
My 2nd favotite slalom skiers would be the French ladies that coach at the Swiss Ski School :)

dang how come I got coached by a dude? (granted he had a lady's name)

spoon03
07-26-2011, 08:36 AM
Marcus Brown for sure. He has his grass roots movement that tries to bring skiing back to the regular people.

iwaterskihard
07-26-2011, 01:42 PM
Being Canadian I have to go with the home grown talent. :p

Female - Whitney McClintock / Breanne Wagner(Dodd)
Male - Thomas Moore / Ryan Dodd / Jarret Llewellyn

Proud that we have as many pro skiers as we do coming from a country that see's snow almost 6 months of the year! Good thing they can train down south as youngsters to become who & what they are today?

ChrisK
07-26-2011, 02:21 PM
Got to hang out a bit with Tommy Moore at the Midwest Collegiate Water Ski Association winter conference this past February, he was a pretty cool guy. Another favorite of mine is Tony Knight out of the St. Louis area. I don't know if he still competes or not, his specialty was more trick and jump but he's an absolutely fantastic guy.

Mikey
07-28-2011, 11:02 PM
I have to go with the CURRENT World Record holder Chris Parrish. I'm a little biassed mind you as i had him personaly coach me for a couple days last year while on vacation down in Florida. Very Nice Personable guy, We chatted ,bs'd a little over lunch even went for a ride in his new at the time car. Man can that guy Ski!!!!!!!.