PDA

View Full Version : Instrument panel fuses?

pmoomba
07-23-2011, 09:42 AM
I think I blew a few this morning; my instruments (blower,stereo, acc switch, wakeplate switch etc) are all not working. Dash gauges and everything else appear fine. I got underneath and tried to trace everything I could but I must be missing where the fuses are, 06 OBV. Could someone point me in the right direction?

Thanks

KSmith
07-23-2011, 09:50 AM
That seems like an too many fuses to go in one fell swoop. Look at the circuit breakers that are near the battery. One of the breakers may have tripped and needs to be reset.

pmoomba
07-23-2011, 10:03 AM
That was it; thanks.

pmoomba
08-29-2011, 04:10 PM
Back to the drawing board. After the rains this weekend my bilge/ski locker had a decent bit of water in them (bilge pump is currently burned out and has to be replaced). The boat was covered and raised as high as the jack would go, so the water wasn't above the lower portion of the bilge pump and it didn't seem to be too bad. My panel is out again though, blower/nav lights/aux/etc. I reset the breaker but they still don't come on. I haven't started the boat on a hose yet but if I turn the key for the ignition everything seems to power up ok and the battery reads full. Is there another breaker or set of fuses somewhere?

pmoomba
08-29-2011, 05:18 PM
Nevermind. The previous owner left me with some two battery system for his stereo that I mostly took out but I still have the two batteries and everything connected. There was a drain on one of the batteries and it had been running out while the other one had been fine/getting recharged. The panel was plugged into the bad battery and when I hooked them up to the good one everything is fine. Guess I need to clean these up.