PDA

View Full Version : Wave with 1100+400

Jeffro
07-21-2011, 05:57 PM
This is the wave I get with 1100 in port side and 400 center and 2 normal size adults on the boat.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3m00DsjLfKg

bergermaister
07-21-2011, 07:00 PM
Lookin good! I could ride that curl all day ;)

walb0244
08-14-2011, 07:35 AM
If you don't mind me asking what speed are you running and where is your wake plate set at roughly? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to set the boat up for the port side. My buddy surfs on that side and I can't get the wave to curl at all. It just washes out really bad and pulls you off the board almost. Everyone always says to put the wakeplate all the way up and when I do that I end up washing the wave out even more. So any help you can give me so my buddy can have a good wave to surf I would appreciate greatly.

mmandley
08-14-2011, 09:03 AM
If you don't mind me asking what speed are you running and where is your wake plate set at roughly? I'm having a hard time figuring out how to set the boat up for the port side. My buddy surfs on that side and I can't get the wave to curl at all. It just washes out really bad and pulls you off the board almost. Everyone always says to put the wakeplate all the way up and when I do that I end up washing the wave out even more. So any help you can give me so my buddy can have a good wave to surf I would appreciate greatly.

If all your running is the 400 in the rear corner and the ski locker you need to go between 9.5 and 11 and everyone sits on the side your surfing. You cant have any weight really on the oppisite side till you start running much heavier sacs. As for the wake plate all the way up the only time i see that work is when you run a 750 in the rear and 400 in the center. I have been running a 750 in the rear and 1050 up front for 2 summers and i get the best wave and push at 50% wake plate.

The best advise i can give you is keep everyone in the boat and go 10 then try to dial it in that way. It wont change when the rider jumps in the water.

Now last week we had a hard time dialing in the goofy wave and found out even the slightlest amount of weight on the regular side was washing my wave out. Only Claudia rides goofy but i try to get her the best wave possible because i know to keep the misses happy lol. Feel free to email me Brandon and send me a couple pics of your wave and the speed and wake plat setting. Ultimatly though you arnt going to have a managable wave till you get at least a 750 in the rear. You will see a ton of difference doing that.