PDA

View Full Version : Money Back!!!!

kayjayfech
07-21-2011, 01:51 PM
Hey everyone, for those of you that already know what happened to my swim platform (completely ripped off during surfing) I just wanted to update you that after 2-3 phone calls each week since two weeks before Memorial Weekend, and numerous letters and emails back and forth from SC, I have received a full reimbursement check for the repairs on my LSV. ($2,800.00)

Be careful surfing and make sure you all (anything older than 07 and some 08's) have the reinforcements installed in your hull and the new brackets on the platform itself.

mnpracing
07-21-2011, 01:58 PM
How did they install the new brackets? Did they have to tear into the floor of the compartments to get at that bottom bolt? Do you have pictures of the reinforcements that put in?

phospher
07-21-2011, 03:06 PM
I'm curious as well, how do you tell if you have the reinforcements? Is it just a thick backing on the inside of the boat where the swim platform bolts onto?

scoot_gt
07-21-2011, 03:48 PM
Good to hear... most times it takes a little squeaking!

sandm
07-21-2011, 06:07 PM
Just one more reason to own skiers :)

kayjayfech
07-21-2011, 11:37 PM
Yes, tear down the carpet in the rear lockers and feel for the brackets. It is pretty visible. I have posted pics in the other threads of the damage and the new braces and mounts on the platform. SC did give me the new padding for the top of the platform which is really cool stuff with the big moomba logo.

cab13367
07-21-2011, 11:40 PM
Yes, tear down the carpet in the rear lockers and feel for the brackets. It is pretty visible. I have posted pics in the other threads of the damage and the new braces and mounts on the platform. SC did give me the new padding for the top of the platform which is really cool stuff with the big moomba logo.

On my boat, only the upper backing plate is visible from inside the boat. The lower ones are under the rear locker floor so unless you cut the floor open, you can't access it. I wonder if they only fixed the upper mount? Do you have pics of the repair they did to the inside of the boat?

kayjayfech
07-25-2011, 01:52 PM
https://forum.moomba.com/showthread.php?t=15362&highlight=swim+platform

Here is a link to the thread where I posted pics on the underneath of the platform...I do not have any pics from under the carpet in the rear locker, I have only seen what they did before they glued the carpet back